Are you interested in Kipling

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Well if you are don't bother watching Chuntley.

So far we have had the house building (numerous times), her blinds being fitted st the weekend, her nail varnish , her cats.

But precious little about the bags other than the names of the bleeding monkeys.

I know there's been another lengthy thread about her, but sadly she is becoming the focus when she presents, when it should be on the product. Her continually varying hairstyles and outside interests are a distraction, so I now turn off (like I do for a lot of the other presenters) when she is on. I rarely watch at all now.

I really enjoyed the show, had had a bad day and it cheered me up. Unlike the Kipling show earlier when Julia didn't notice that one of the available colours wasn't being put up on the screen, or that the screen was showing "Blazing yellow yellow" for the same bag when it isn't made in any yellow, blazing or otherwise. God knows where that came from, and now the video they've put up shows that it had previously said "Blazing yellow yellow" on the lunchtime show as well, and nobody noticed then either. Totally amateur. Catherine was on top of all the colours, which is no mean feat on a Kipling show. And I like her. Each to their own, eh?

I can't understand why people are bothered by Catherine's changing hairstyle it surely ist up to her how she wears her hair. I think she usually looks smart and presentable. I only turn the volume up if it's a product I'm interested in so can't comment on what she is talking about. It seems to me she is only one of many of the presenters who discuss their private lives on air and I think it's to impress upon us that QVC are a 'family' but we know that is a load of rubbish really.

I don't usually mind Catherine, but I am now finding all the kipling shows rather boring and seldom bother to watch. I noticed TJC were selling similar bags the other day for under a tenner...they sold plenty.....:mysmilie_845:

In their different ways, most of the presenters irritate someone. But I do think there is a general decline in the standard and professionalism of the vast majority of presenters.

It must be hard to talk about the same products with the same guests every time you are presenting with them. It is inevitable that they will try to enliven the boring spiel with anecdotes... but I would hope they are somewhat relevant to the product range being presented, and don't detract from the necessity of providing the information that customers require in order to make a purchase... and they don't interrupt the guest to say something utterly pointless... and they aren't rude in any other way... and don't obsess over twitter compliments to presenter or pictures of the umpteen items of a range a customer has... and don't harrangue us with hard sell. Easy!

I can't understand why people are bothered by Catherine's changing hairstyle it surely ist up to her how she wears her hair...............

Yes, of course it is - I'm saying is that its becoming a distraction with the focus being on her. Watch any female newsreader, (Sophie Raworth, Jane Hill, Maxine Mulwhinney, Maxine Croxley, Joanna Gosling etc etc) and invariably they sport the same hairstyle day after day on air - not necessarily because its up to them but because the News is the main attraction which they are conveying, - the News is not the appearance (albeit smart) of the newsreader. And the same should apply to presenters on selly telly.

No-one gives a monkey's how they look off air.

I was annoyed how Julia insisted on keep interrupting poor Marie ! Goodness that lady has some patience ...Julia is a great presenter but the interruptions were as far as I could tell excruciating ...Marie Francois often gets this treatment ...plain rude call it ....

I can't understand why people are bothered by Catherine's changing hairstyle it surely ist up to her how she wears her hair. I think she usually looks smart and presentable. I only turn the volume up if it's a product I'm interested in so can't comment on what she is talking about. It seems to me she is only one of many of the presenters who discuss their private lives on air and I think it's to impress upon us that QVC are a 'family' but we know that is a load of rubbish really.

Couldn't agree more.

I have no real interest or problem with any presenter changing their image as they choose-some people do change their hair colour/style a lot.

I am often slightly amused by the presenters wearing very unflattering QVC fashion and trying to convince us they would wear that in their real lives (though maybe Kathy Tayler does)!!

My issue is with all the "in ear banter" that goes on through the earpiece and the giggling that we viewers have to put up with-Ali Young and Jill Franks being regular offenders of this...just unprofessional all round.
I guess we'll all have different opinions on hair styles etc-like the love hate we have with Cordelia's playmobil hair,which I don't mind and Clare Sutton's yellow bouncy mane,which I hate!!
I just wish the presenters would just spend the majority of time on the products and keep the chit chat to a minimum :)

I can't understand why people are bothered by Catherine's changing hairstyle it surely ist up to her how she wears her hair...............

Yes, of course it is - I'm saying is that its becoming a distraction with the focus being on her. Watch any female newsreader, (Sophie Raworth, Jane Hill, Maxine Mulwhinney, Maxine Croxley, Joanna Gosling etc etc) and invariably they sport the same hairstyle day after day on air - not necessarily because its up to them but because the News is the main attraction which they are conveying, - the News is not the appearance (albeit smart) of the newsreader. And the same should apply to presenters on selly telly.

No-one gives a monkey's how they look off air.

Imo some viewers must have an incredibly short attention span if they find someone's hairstyle too distracting to enable them to focus on what is being said

I was annoyed how Julia insisted on keep interrupting poor Marie ! Goodness that lady has some patience ...Julia is a great presenter but the interruptions were as far as I could tell excruciating ...Marie Francois often gets this treatment ...plain rude call it ....

She was the same on the Richard Jackson show at the weekend, she seemed to take over and was obsessed with her I Pad

Imo some viewers must have an incredibly short attention span if they find someone's hairstyle too distracting to enable them to focus on what is being said

If you mean ME, then YES I'll put my hand up to it !! Actually, "IMO" its an age thing dear, it happens to us all in the end, so don't knock it.

If you mean ME, then YES I'll put my hand up to it !! Actually, "IMO" its an age thing dear, it happens to us all in the end, so don't knock it.

Yes I agree, once you get to a certain age, you do have a short aten............

Latest posts

Back