Australian Bodycare Skin Wash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
I was watching one of the beauty shows last night and they had the Duo of the skin wash , during the presentation , both the guest and Jill said that it shouldn't be used on the face? Since when , they used to always say you could use it on the face and body, yet they said last night you shouldn't unless its an emergency. Call me cynical but have they now changed the sales pitch due to them having separate cleanser and toner for the face?

I use it on my face during that week, when my skin is being a total PITA. I find it helps dry out some of the oil and spots, without over-drying.

I wonder if this means they've changed the ingredients?

What is this "emergency" they speak of? You can either use it on your face or you can't. If you can use it during an "emergency" then it is safe to use when you don't have an "emergency".

What a load of rubbish.
They sometimes say you can use it to wash your hair but then when they do a show featuring the shampoo they never seem to mention that...

I wash my face with it, also my hair (or add a pump to a regular shampoo) - I've known Annette say you could use it on your face but that she wouldn't herself and I've heard her say also that some people use it to wash their hair.

One thing I did notice was the price! I paid £30.12 for my duos in October, now £34 odds on "introductory price" - what was mine then, pre-introductory??

The brand always did have a cleanser and tone for the face. But QVC only sold the wash so or course pushed it. I can't see any harm in using it on the face. I use and love Elemis Sensitive Wash which does not say Facial on it, in fact your meant to use it as body wash.

I thought the price had gone up too after the last duo I got around October for my husband.

I've used the Optima bodywash - unfortunately it doesn't keep you as fresh as does the ABC - I've said it on here before, I can't use any kind of anti-perspirant or deodorant and I rely on the ABC, it keeps me fresh all day (I've checked plenty enough times in private!) - so for me it has to be ABC for showering at least. You can get the Optima blemish cream usually in Savers for just over £2 if you're interested in that.

I've used the Optima bodywash - unfortunately it doesn't keep you as fresh as does the ABC - I've said it on here before, I can't use any kind of anti-perspirant or deodorant and I rely on the ABC, it keeps me fresh all day (I've checked plenty enough times in private!) - so for me it has to be ABC for showering at least. You can get the Optima blemish cream usually in Savers for just over £2 if you're interested in that.

Heya BusyMum,

I won't use deodorants with aluminium so I use Dr Organics Tea Tree Oil roll-on from Holland & Barrett. It's non-blocking and keeps me fresh all day!

Its buy one get one for a penny atm on that soap until Wednesday , Im in town tomorrow so I will give it ago

I will get some tomorrow too. I will get 4 bars. I'm sure it contains shea butter as well. It's certainly not drying! Love it's elegant subtlety. You will surely love this soap!

Heya BusyMum,

I won't use deodorants with aluminium so I use Dr Organics Tea Tree Oil roll-on from Holland & Barrett. It's non-blocking and keeps me fresh all day!

I can't use any Julius...I imagine things are improved now but I once had a blocked duct in my armpit and was advised at the time by the doc not to use roll-ons or sticks, but whatever I use makes me itch and causes a rash which is very sore, so I just have to manage without...I know I can rely on the ABC so that's a relief..!

I will get some tomorrow too. I will get 4 bars. I'm sure it contains shea butter as well. It's certainly not drying! Love it's elegant subtlety. You will surely love this soap!

Bought 2 bars this morning , just washed my hands with it and it smells exactly like the ABC skinwash, lathers well too thanks for recommending it :)

I can't use any Julius...I imagine things are improved now but I once had a blocked duct in my armpit and was advised at the time by the doc not to use roll-ons or sticks, but whatever I use makes me itch and causes a rash which is very sore, so I just have to manage without...I know I can rely on the ABC so that's a relief..!

Hello, you have probably tried this one but pure coconut oil is meant to be an excellent alternative to deodorant due to it containing lauric acid and no nasty chemicals at all. I've considered it myself I must admit as I do use regular anti perspirant deodorants but I'm convinced in some strange way they make you sweat more?!

http://www.lucybee.co/coconut-oil/lucy-bee-coconut-oil-benefits/

and here is something from the RMS beauty website - the raw coconut cream they sell is certified organic coconut oil

Apply a minimal amount and work cream gently into the skin. Remove with a soft cloth. Use as a body moisturizer to soften dry elbows, knees, shoulders – anywhere you have skin! Allow coconut oil to absorb before dressing. Also works as a deodorant: Simply apply to clean, dry underarms. Excellent as a hair treatment and can even be taken internally.

Avoid using rms beauty raw coconut cream under makeup as it will cause skin to look very shiny.

Please note: It's normal for your rms beauty coconut cream to liquefy at approximately 80-90 degrees. This will have no negative effect on its quality. During warmer months, the coconut oil will typically remain in liquefied oil until room temperatures drop below the 80s, which will then cause it to solidify once more. You can use it in oil form or refrigerate if desired to keep it in its solid form.

Latest posts

Back