Autumn Fashion Flop Over

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
Oh dear it's mini Miceal and scary Zoe (wot no under-eye concealer?) Lem wittering on about layering, double denim and the inevitable shark-bite hems, heralding tomorrow's Fashion Fest. Aren't we lucky to have this preview?

And what's the thinking behind the "DS Dresses" items which apparently won't be available tomorrow or ever again? They said this about some of the Biba items; it seemed a daft selling point to me. There's no brand shop for DS Dresses but there was an item at the start of the 3 pm hour 127568 a stretchy red knitted dress for £68 which doesn't show up on the website. Is this approach to make me think that just a select few folk watching on a thursday afternoon will feel so flattered at being offered this exclusive range that I'll panic buy one in every size and/or colour? Er nope!

The wannabe-gamine Zoe is wearing another DS dress 127560 (also not on the website for this hour) in a shade of teal which perfectly tones with her under-eye circles. Nice!

If, at 4pm, AY is flogging a "peeling" eye cream (remember that little gem of a sales pitch? Alpha H wasn't it?) or an industrial strength concealer then I won't be buying unless they demo it on our Zo.

PS they have the wrong photo up on the website for this item http://www.qvcuk.com/Rieker-Knitted...ct.130044.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-130044 Tomorrow is promising to be a comedy of errors if this hour is anything to go by!

Last edited:
Donna that is the best news I have read in decades!!!! Could save me a fortune in touché éclat....

Oh dear it's mini Miceal and scary Zoe (wot no under-eye concealer?) Lem wittering on about layering, double denim and the inevitable shark-bite hems, heralding tomorrow's Fashion Fest. Aren't we lucky to have this preview?

And what's the thinking behind the "DS Dresses" items which apparently won't be available tomorrow or ever again? They said this about some of the Biba items; it seemed a daft selling point to me. There's no brand shop for DS Dresses but there was an item at the start of the 3 pm hour 127568 a stretchy red knitted dress for £68 which doesn't show up on the website. Is this approach to make me think that just a select few folk watching on a thursday afternoon will feel so flattered at being offered this exclusive range that I'll panic buy one in every size and/or colour? Er nope!

The wannabe-gamine Zoe is wearing another DS dress 127560 (also not on the website for this hour) in a shade of teal which perfectly tones with her under-eye circles. Nice!

If, at 4pm, AY is flogging a "peeling" eye cream (remember that little gem of a sales pitch? Alpha H wasn't it?) or an industrial strength concealer then I won't be buying unless they demo it on our Zo.

PS they have the wrong photo up on the website for this item http://www.qvcuk.com/Rieker-Knitted...ct.130044.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-130044 Tomorrow is promising to be a comedy of errors if this hour is anything to go by!

What/who is Lem?

Zoe Lem (sorry the middle bit may have confused)

Surely everyone knows Zoe Lem?

Nah? I had to google her :mysmilie_17:

Your knees would have to be a bit low for those Reiker boots to be any use. Now I'm a short arse but even mine aren't that low LOL

We're perfectly petite LATI - my big butt is just a little nearer my chubby ankles than other people's...that's what petite means right? :mysmilie_59:

We're perfectly petite LATI - my big butt is just a little nearer my chubby ankles than other people's...that's what petite means right? :mysmilie_59:

I totally agree! It's just a pity that clothes designers deem petite to be small over, ie perfectly proportioned, only less of everything.

Oh the lack of petite proportions really annoys me. I have yet to find a cardigan that falls just above my hips. So annoying!

i don't get the shark bite hem thing.Is it only me who thinks it is unflattering.

I'm with you. Not to mention untidy and unkempt looking. Very much like Yong Kim actually. I can't do the crumpled, frayed look. I have been brought up to always iron my clothes and look my best in public. My mother's fault!

I speak from experience, but a fat lass in a shark-bite top is still a fat lass in a top with an uneven hem.

i don't get the shark bite hem thing.Is it only me who thinks it is unflattering.

It's not so much the uneven hem that bothers me it's these tunic length flared out tops that I find really unflattering unless you have no hips at all. The Diane Gilman ones in particular; every time I see the lovely Catherine in them it makes me cringe for her; they do nothing for her at all. Also, every top on QVC seems to be tunic length and 'a' line; makes anyone of average height look dumpy and shorter.

I speak from experience, but a fat lass in a shark-bite top is still a fat lass in a top with an uneven hem.

I don't think it's so much a body size thing ,just a horrible design .Only my opinion,sure some people must love them.I did buy one but swiftly returned it, it was a Together TSV and those hanging bits at the hips looked ridiculous on me.I am a fairly standard 14.

NOBODY looks good in those flappy side bits, whether a 10 or size 20. ****** awful and nearly as bad as waterfall cardigans !!!!!

Its designers - (yes you Anttony!) who don't know what to do next, so they shove a bit of extra fabric on the sides and make the hem uneven (shark bite ? dear Lord) - oh yea, very talented. Not.

Latest posts

Back