Awful Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catseye

Registered Shopper
I am watching less and less of QVC. Over the last year or so the presenters have turned into a bunch of idiots. Falling over themselves to promote their own interests. The women in particular are a complete turn off. Chuntley has turned into a completely unwatchable presenter. She is constantly admiring herself in the monitor changing her hair colour and now has long dark pretend hair. Jackie has also morphed into a half wit with the childish antics and she too has pretend hair. The women presenters have all felt the need to have long hair and unfortunately it looks ridiculous and has made them all look rather horsey. They constantly shriek giggle like children and tell you nothing relevant about the product they are trying to sell. Even Julia who was once a really good presenter has mentally turned into a silly teenager. Time to get rid of them all I think. The guests would be better doing the presentations alone as these presenters make me switch off.

I don't watch much these days, but there are some presenters I prefer/ dislike listening to over others, however I'm not sure of the relevance of hairstyle or colour to their presenting abilities.

I have watched much less too.Mainly limited to fashion .I think I just got bored with it.

The on air stylists are getting a bit much with the exception of Lesley Ebbetts who talks about how the garments are cut and put together.

Some days I don't spend one full hour on qvc, it depends on the presenter/guest and the product they are showing.

Some days I don't spend one full hour on qvc, it depends on the presenter/guest and the product they are showing.

I haven't watched a full hour of Q for years. I only turn it on when I read a comment on FB or here about a presenter.

When it all started they were expected to be able to talk about the products describe them in detail and engage who was watching, know the facts and be able to present well.
Now they struggle to speak without asking the guest about the item, look at the product card, ask the gallery for information or check on their ipad.
They used to prepare product information before going on air, that seems now to comprise of tweeting what's coming up, gossiping with the guests, taking selfies and stupid videos, writing blogs, trying on the clothing, sampling beauty and food items and getting a Jude make over.
I think though on the whole now its the male presenters that appear to prepare for their shows more than the females, Charlie perhaps more so. Of late though has he been side lined jewellery show wise ?

:mysmilie_514::mysmilie_865:

Last edited:
Well lets hope the new presenter manager is as the title says, less of a pal and has a large sweeping brush through the presenter area to get things as they should.

I think the presenters should just introduce the guest and let him or her get on with describing the product, what it is, who it's for etc. There is no need to be butting in and taking over them as if they are the expert. Jill Franks is the worst offender she always seems to think she knows more than the guest. Tried to watch Margaret Dabbs one night explain about foot care that she had developed but our resident beauty expert hardly gave her time to say her piece but then Alison knows it all!! If I was Margaret I would not be pleased. Needless to say I switched off before my blood pressure rose.

I do agree they should let the guest speak about the products more so if they are from the brand and know what they are talking about.
The trouble is a lot of the time they are the guest who fills in for any brand and they just start having chin wag about holidays, the weather etc etc.
A lot of the time the presenters look at the hour is guested and sit back don't have a clue about the items and just waffle on about nothing useful.

:mysmilie_14:

I, and I bet most of us, remember the days before they crept in guest presenters and the presenter used to ramble for Britain, and yes for those who don't remember, you could quite easily lose the will......

When it all started they were expected to be able to talk about the products describe them in detail and engage who was watching, know the facts and be able to present well.
Now they struggle to speak without asking the guest about the item, look at the product card, ask the gallery for information or check on their ipad.
They used to prepare product information before going on air, that seems now to comprise of tweeting what's coming up, gossiping with the guests, taking selfies and stupid videos, writing blogs, trying on the clothing, sampling beauty and food items and getting a Jude make over.
I think though on the whole now its the male presenters that appear to prepare for their shows more than the females, Charlie perhaps more so. Of late though has he been side lined jewellery show wise ?

Well said DreamGirl
Gone are the days when Julia appeared solo with her plastic ruler to talk about nothing except the product. Now they are more concerned about their image and looking into the monitor. They wave their hands about - (Craig is particularly irritating on this point, he clasps them, points and then goes into prayer mode, he simply cannot speak without flailing about, no doubt his 'media' training); and talk about anything under the sun except the product, and it clearly irritates some of the guests because I've known them to completely ignore the waffle and carry on describing the item. Then as an afterthought the sizes are mentioned.

Another things that's happening lately is the bragging of how many years they've worked at QVC ! Julia cant wait to tell us its 24 years, then Charlie spouts 17 years, then Claire, zzzzzzzzzzzz suddenly they're all telling us how long they've been with the company. What's that all about - another 'push' to indicate how good a company that Q is ?

Then we get the phrase of the week that's clearly been a suggestion around the table; from mentioning how many new customers there have been in one day, to repeating their Twatter account at QVC hundreds of times a day.

So, we started off with Julia's ruler, and now we have to wait for the next exciting comment on Twatter. Flint's obsession with her sodding iPad (I saw her on the Skechers show furtively feel for it down the side of the chair while the poor guest was talking about the product. Flinty made the right noises but managed to get her iPad and started looking at it while the guest was still talking - how ****** rude), and don't get me started on the promotion of the sodding App which is all they are at least qualified to speak on !

I've not seen Charlie at all much lately. Every time I switch on it is Jill Franks.

I can't believe sometimes how little some presenters prepare for a show. It is frustrating to watch at times. It is their job, they should prepare.

I have not watched more than 10 minutes over the last year , don't even have it on in the background with sound down anymore.

Unfortunately for QVC selly telly needs viewers to work successfully.

One of the advantages is the time to explain the products more fully... But QVC waste that advantage by dropping knowledgeable guests in favour of multi purpose bland ambassadors, not focusing on the products, showing twitpics and tweets, boring on about weddings, books, grand babies and generally ignoring the job at hand. If they are feeling the cold winds of adversity, they can blame themselves for alienating loyal customers with their actions on and off air.

The constant insertion of The TSV every 10minutes is a turn off. especially as its the same launch recording played over and over.

Forgive me, if this is a daft question, but who, or what, is a 'Jude' makeover?

Latest posts

Back