AY and Lulu

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B

Boycie

Guest Shopper
Has anyone noticed how close the cameraman is getting to Alison and Lulu? I'm having great fun checking out AY's eye bags, crow's feet and double chin. Also, I'm mesmerised by Lulu's impossibly plump, smooth cheeks and rather 'full' top lip which looks strange when she smiles. I know I'm being bitchy, it must be my hormones, but surely no-one believes that Lulu's appearance is down to these products????!!!!:smirk:

I'm all for keeping it real but when said beauty expert who makes the claims I have heard either doesn't practice what she preaches or blatantly lies i.e. the products are crap makes me wonder whether I may as well spend my cash on other goodies like shoes instead and just stick with a good makeup range and basic skincare routine :cool:

Just switched over to this and my initial reacion was OMG what has Lulu done to her face/ lips? Wrinkles or not I'd rather look like AY anyday of the week...

Lulu's top lip has a life of its own ! its sooooo mobile I cant take my eyes off it !

What is wrong with these people ? , wanting to make a career out of TRYING to look young, a bit like all the celebrity widows cashing in with writing books about their grief. WELL I am Lulu's age, and a widow, I have also been told I look 10 years younger than my age, but not through any celebrity endorsed beauty product - and I have dealt with my grief in my own way without going down the bookshop junket !

Keep your surgeon on speed dial Lulu, cos Amanda Holden is hot on your heels gal !!!!!

Lulu was on The One Show the other night. DH and I both said 'bit of a trout pout going on'.
As you say, so much for promoting the fantastic creams etc to improve the old aging skin etc !!

I notice Lulu has some lines on her forehead - so she actually has given up the botox. However, the top lip is so weird. Looks unnatural. There is no way I'm going to purchase any goods from someone who clearly lacks judgement in what looks good. She looks odd. AY, in contrast, looks fine. Yes, she has some bags and wrinkles but she looks normal. Good for her. In her line of work it would have been very easy for her to muck about with her looks. I think she has stayed true to her beliefs - which deserves a big pat on the back. Well done Alison.

Lulu looked a bit self-conscious on the One Show, I thought. Not surprising really. You could have done your ironing on that top lip of hers. She was doing so well in the "pretending to age naturally" stakes too. A step too far, old girl.

This is a bit of a tangent.

Gloria Hunniford was presenting Cash in the Attic today and when you see close ups of her she has lots of lines and wrinkles and a very crepey neck. BUT overall she looks amazing, so pretty with great hair and teeth and smartly dressed, a lovely smiley face. Her life is reflected in her face.

Lulu on the other hand looks like a doll - no life experiences reflected there. I wonder at what age she will let herself "age" gracefully and allow the wrinkles, saggy cheeks and thin top lip to show ? And hpw will she do it ?

Linda xx

Ghastly trout pout. The trouble is that once people start with nips and tucks they are too scared to stop in case Dorian Gray syndrome sets in and their jowls hit the floor overnight so they go on and on until they just look plain weird. Taut and stretched yes, younger most surely not. I would prefer to try to age in a well-groomed sort of way than to have people stare at me and nudge their friends because I look freekish - still old but peculiar. Lines give character to a face and are nothing to be ashamed of. It is a sad reflection of our society that so many women feel that they have to take drastic measures to compete with.... what exactly? Has the sexual revolution come full circle? We fought for women's lib and equality and let it all hang out but suddenly we need to dress like teenagers and pretend we are our daughters' sisters. Age catches up with us all and I reckon we'd be happier if we got used to the idea and just tried to stay active and healthy. A spring in the step and a twinkle in the eye is more attractive than a trout pout and although I'm not a fan of AY I think she looks better than Lulu because she does have some expression lines and softer contours to her face and she should not be criticised for that. Actually!

Lulu was on The One Show the other night. DH and I both said 'bit of a trout pout going on'.
As you say, so much for promoting the fantastic creams etc to improve the old aging skin etc !!

Lulu looked a bit self-conscious on the One Show, I thought. Not surprising really. You could have done your ironing on that top lip of hers. She was doing so well in the "pretending to age naturally" stakes too. A step too far, old girl.

We saw her too. Hubby said (surprising me, because I didn't think he took that much notice) ~ " I'm always suspicious when women wear hats in a hot studio, it usually means that they want to shade their face from harsh lights" followed a couple of moments later by "what has she done to her mouth!"

am only 29 sure my opinion will change but at the moment my take on it is your meant to have lines and wrinkles it's called ageing am really not bothered at all it just isn't natural to be in your 60s and have skin like a young person embrace what nature has given you that's my philosophy :)

did anyone see that feature in this week's papers (think it was in the Mirror and the Mail) about women such as Anna Ford, Selina Scott Helen Mirren and some others , all of whom had lines and wrinkles but looked lovely. It really cheered me up, no trout pouts and shiny waxy "bride of Chucky" faces and there was light and life in their eyes which added to their attractiveness. Lulu just freaks me out, where will it end, what on earth will she look like in her 70's?

The thing is, you never look at women who have had a "helping hand" and think "wow, she looks so young and vibrant and fresh!". You just think "Ruddy hell, what's she done to her face?" Which is.. er.. great if that's the reaction you were after, but otherwise defeats the point somewhat, doesn't it? :wonder:

I notice Lulu has some lines on her forehead - so she actually has given up the botox. However, the top lip is so weird. Looks unnatural. There is no way I'm going to purchase any goods from someone who clearly lacks judgement in what looks good. She looks odd. AY, in contrast, looks fine. Yes, she has some bags and wrinkles but she looks normal. Good for her. In her line of work it would have been very easy for her to muck about with her looks. I think she has stayed true to her beliefs - which deserves a big pat on the back. Well done Alison.

I know I sounded bitchy about Alison, and I agree, she actually looks better than the surgically enhanced Lulu. I think I was just being bitchy because she tries to sell us so many 'prestigious, luxuuuuuurious' products, promising miracles in order to get us to part wiht our cash. I think she has actually saved me some money, because with all the products he has access to, she still has the same eye-bags etc that the rest of us have.

I think Lulu is really hypocritical trying to flog anti-aging stuff when her looks are down to surgery. For this reason, I would not be remotely tempted to try her products.

I think most people who go over the top with procedures look really fake and plastic ( Lulu, Katie Price, etc...). Natural beauty rules!

Lulu now looks like a freak, and QVC must be taking the pee for still allowing her on to flog her products.

Latest posts

Back