Bad Taste, Ruth Langsford

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really don't understand why some fans think of the presenters and BA's as friends but I know some folks do think that way. I understand that there are sadly, some extremely lonely people out there, who need human interraction, it is a basic human need. It must be very hard for those who don't have friends and family but there are services out there who offer real help for the lonely. I don't consider people who get me to part with my money (for a living), to put money in their own pockets ultimately, to be my friends.

I don't know if anyone watches Gemporia video's called "From the Gemporia sofa"? There is one lady they regularly feature who my heart goes out to. She is alone and has bouts of insomnia, so she puts the telly on. That's great, do it myself but she goes on to say that she likes that she can interract with the channel and communicate with somebody. She does say that you don't have to buy anything but I am 100% she buys a lot when she gets a personal response from the channel. Gemporia is obviously a big part of her life and afterall, she was filmed on their sofa during a studio tour. They are preying on the we are all friends and family crap. There is another lady whose name begins with M who is always being quoted and they chat back and forth with her. I am sure she is a lovely lady but it just sits wrong with me.

QVC do the same rubbish with the family and friendship nonsense. Like others have said, presenters should encourage charitable giving, not the message they are sending, which is basically send us gifts and cards, we love it. I wonder if they ever do write back to their friends / fans? I doubt it, just give them a shout out on telly, make 'em feel special and maybe they will keep sending the goodies. Greedy sods! Q used to do the breast cancer shabang every year, if they did it this year, I missed it. Maybe I was working, anyone know if they did?

Anyway, I consider you good people here would be better friends to me than anyone on a selly telly channel :) xx

Penny pinching exercise, such a pity.

I always used to buy just for the sake of it on those nights, if I was around. Usually, if you didn't buy straight away the iutem would be sold out.

Ballerina the BCC thing got badly tarnished with presenters shenanigans to such an extent that they had to pull it. For a year of two they made a pretence of no BCC event but still donating but that soon stopped when there was nothing in it for them personally and of course other charities have become more trendy for them to support.

Ballerina the BCC thing got badly tarnished with presenters shenanigans to such an extent that they had to pull it. For a year of two they made a pretence of no BCC event but still donating but that soon stopped when there was nothing in it for them personally and of course other charities have become more trendy for them to support.
You could say it's something else Q spoiled/ruined. BCC lost out big time, which is a big shame. Statistically, their actual demographic is women who are more mature... and most breast cancer occurs in older women. So likely a majority of their customer base has experienced a diagnosis for themselves, a loved one, friend or work colleague, so it resonated...plus with many knowing Ali Keenan's diagnosis and treatment.
BCC and Breakthrough Breast Cancer merged a few years back, and it is Breast Cancer Now https://breastcancernow.org/about-u...r-charity-committed-putting-end-breast-cancer

The BCC was much more appropriate to Q demographic than the ones they have now hitched their star to.

I think because Q management is in the 25 - 35 age group they aren’t interested in anything which affects females usually 50 plus. This is why the fashions are so awful, it’s what a 25 year old thinks it’s what older females should wear (well actually they would prefer us to be totally invisible but that wouldn’t sell)

Watching a Nails Inc show yesterday I was shocked to hear one of the new presenters say when a an item sold that she wanted that it would be ok as the BA would "hook her up" with what she wanted not once but twice!!!!!! It could have just been a marketing ploy to make us think all these items are must have products?! It just made me think about parting with my hard earned cash and where I spend it! 😡
Was it Annaliese? I've heard her say
Watching a Nails Inc show yesterday I was shocked to hear one of the new presenters say when a an item sold that she wanted that it would be ok as the BA would "hook her up" with what she wanted not once but twice!!!!!! It could have just been a marketing ploy to make us think all these items are must have products?! It just made me think about parting with my hard earned cash and where I spend it! 😡
Was it Annaliese? I've heard her say that several times. Makes me mad that she's implying she's getting freebies and being quite blatant about it too.

Analsleeze has made no secret of her friendship with models and Ba's alike. I have a feeling she'll move on soon,seems a bit like a caged tiger to me. The other one Oopshelia is not as engaging or successful in sales as she wants to be. I've never switched over so many times as when she's presenting and many others too. It'll be one too many talks to improve with the boss,then an agreement to part ways amicably.

What shenanigans did the presenters pull to kill the BCC? I must have missed all that. I know there was some crap about a crown but that passed me by as well, do you know about that? x

The BCC was much more appropriate to Q demographic than the ones they have now hitched their star to.

I think because Q management is in the 25 - 35 age group they aren’t interested in anything which affects females usually 50 plus. This is why the fashions are so awful, it’s what a 25 year old thinks it’s what older females should wear (well actually they would prefer us to be totally invisible but that wouldn’t sell)
Well the Q 30 somethings better take note cause in your thirties it well and truly can take you, altering your life for ever.

What shenanigans did the presenters pull to kill the BCC? I must have missed all that. I know there was some crap about a crown but that passed me by as well, do you know about that? x
Hope you are sitting comfortably?

So, QVC did an auction of tea at the Ritz with Tova or Joan Collins, I think it was Tova?

The auction was won, and then it was found out Debbie Flint had bid and won as a gift for her best friend Sharon. The same Sharon who visited the QVC studios many times and friendly with other presenters and BAs. She has since gone on to run DF's Facebook group and another QVC one. Famous for banning people for daring to not be brainwashed into all things DF and QVC. Then became a beauty blogger on the back of that, of course it was all QVC products to start with which of course she got free. Oh, and they are all wonderful.

Now, terms and conditions for competitions etc run by companies state that employees cannot take part, so DF broke the rules.

This was found out and all hell broke out on the QVC Facebook page. QVC had to cancel the auction and the bids. They investigated behind the scenes of course and DF kept her job. People were outraged that BCC lost out on the money, but QVC did keep saying that they donated themselves. We never found out how much.

This left a very nasty taste with BCC and of course customers and others who had bid. Then BCC and QVC parted company and no more event nights. All because DF decided the rules did not apply to her. Another reason why she is so disliked on here.

Hope you are sitting comfortably?

So, QVC did an auction of tea at the Ritz with Tova or Joan Collins, I think it was Tova?

The auction was won, and then it was found out Debbie Flint had bid and won as a gift for her best friend Sharon. The same Sharon who visited the QVC studios many times and friendly with other presenters and BAs. She has since gone on to run DF's Facebook group and another QVC one. Famous for banning people for daring to not be brainwashed into all things DF and QVC. Then became a beauty blogger on the back of that, of course it was all QVC products to start with which of course she got free. Oh, and they are all wonderful.

Now, terms and conditions for competitions etc run by companies state that employees cannot take part, so DF broke the rules.

This was found out and all hell broke out on the QVC Facebook page. QVC had to cancel the auction and the bids. They investigated behind the scenes of course and DF kept her job. People were outraged that BCC lost out on the money, but QVC did keep saying that they donated themselves. We never found out how much.

This left a very nasty taste with BCC and of course customers and others who had bid. Then BCC and QVC parted company and no more event nights. All because DF decided the rules did not apply to her. Another reason why she is so disliked on here.
Yes I remember it all unfolding on Facebook . Absolutely left a bad taste. I have disliked DF ever since. She also messaged me on FB asking why I had liked a comment that called her out. Explained it was my prerogative and she promptly blocked me.

Yes I remember it all unfolding on Facebook . Absolutely left a bad taste. I have disliked DF ever since. She also messaged me on FB asking why I had liked a comment that called her out. Explained it was my prerogative and she promptly blocked me.
I'm sure Ms Pointy Finger would be quick enough to highlight someone else's transgressions...
Good for you, I bet she thought you would be honoured or intimidated!

Latest posts

Back