bareMinerals TSV 06/03/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wonder what the difference is between a Prep cream and a Primer??? Apart from another way to convince us to part with our money, that is?

Given the limitations of their website and other tech, I think this is completely beyond them.

Never been impressed with BM, tried it and looks very dry on my skin! Much better brands out there in my opinion and some a lot cheaper. No thanks :mysmilie_12:

Can anyone tell me what Mineral Veil does and if it is just a gimmicky product. I quite fancy this TSV but only if l will use everything and its the MV that makes me a bit unsure. I love the original foundation and just put on a bit of Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick to give me a bit of a glow usually. Any feedback would be gratefully received!

Can anyone tell me what Mineral Veil does and if it is just a gimmicky product. I quite fancy this TSV but only if l will use everything and its the MV that makes me a bit unsure. I love the original foundation and just put on a bit of Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick to give me a bit of a glow usually. Any feedback would be gratefully received!

I personally don't like Mineral Veil, it does nothing for me and if you are a little bit older like me, I think if you use that and the original foundation it is just too much powder for you and not a good look, it would deter me from buying a tsv but each to their own x

If you wear most foundations, the way to get a polished professional finish is to put over a finishing powder. That's the role that mineral veil plays.

I've got it, but to be honest I don't use it. I prefer my B&B as foundation and to finish. I do my makeup then run my brush back over my finished face as a final touch, without reloading the brush.

bareMinerals 8 Piece Beauty Upgrade Make-up Collection
Item Number: 208454
QVC Price £56.00
Today's Special Value Price £40.92
P&P £4.95

meant to be on 3 easy pays of £13.64

This eight-piece make-up collection includes the brand new Prep Step Moisture Set Radiant Prep Cream and Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara, plus Original SPF 15 Foundation, winner of the QVC Customer Beauty Awards 2014, and much more. With specially-chosen skin formulas that work together to create a luminescent finish, this Bareminerals set will give you that coveted, naturally flawless look.

A beautiful gift - this collection is the perfect introduction for anyone new to Bareminerals, and is an absolute essential for fans of the brand. With a beautiful gift box, it makes a lovely and thoughtful gift - you just make sure you buy yourself one too!

On-trend hues - the new rose nude shade of the Pop of Passion Lip-Oil Balm was influenced by one of 2016's Colours of the Year, Rose Quartz.

A flawless complexion - this collection is built around brightening and illuminating formulas, designed to give skin that healthy-looking, well-rested and radiant appeal. Suitable for all skin tones, all complexions, and all ages - revamp your make-up collection in one fell swoop.

Keep your skin comfortable - Bareminerals products allow you to easily create the most natural-looking coverage possible whilst omitting the additives, preservatives and fragrances commonly found in cosmetics. This adds up to a harmonised balance of make-up and skincare that's especially good for skin prone to sensitivity or breakouts.

Contains:

1 x Original SPF15 Foundation (8g) in a choice of: Fair, Fairly Light, Light, Medium, Medium Beige, Medium Tan, Tan, Golden Dark or Medium Dark. This powder formula delivers flawless coverage with a natural look and feel, blending seamlessly for a radiant finish, without clumping, caking, or drying out your skin. Made from pure minerals without preservatives, fragrances, additives, talc or oil, and contains SPF15 for added protection when you're out and about
1 x Prep Step Moisture Set Radiant Prep Cream (40ml) NEW and created especially for QVC UK. This primer is formulated to help lock in your skin's moisture to reveal a brighter-looking complexion and prepare your skin for foundation. Enriched with shea butter and illuminating pearl optics. Ideal for normal or dry skin
1 x Concealer SPF20 (2g) in a choice of corresponding shades to match your foundation: Bisque, Summer Bisque, Honey Bisque or Dark Bisque. Designed to provide complete weightless coverage, this creamy formula also contains SPF20
1 x Hydrating Mineral Veil Finishing Powder (6g) - this luminous powder gives a soft-focus finish to the skin while also hydrating, brightening and evening out your complexion and any enlarged pores. Can be worn on bare skin or over your Bareminerals foundation
1 x Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara with Petite Precision Brush (8.5ml) in Intense Black - NEW. Launching first at QVC UK and not available elsewhere until April, this mascara helps to create a voluminous lash look, with an innovative precision wand that helps you to capture even the smallest of lashes
1 x Pop of Passion Lip-Oil Balm (3.1g) in Blushing Passion. In a brand new rose nude shade, this high-shine gloss gives a stain of colour with a luscious melt-in texture. Contains passion fruit seed oil
1 x Flawless Face Brush - natural, soft-tapered bristles provide light-to-medium coverage for a range of easy applications. Designed for use with Bareminerals Foundation, All-Over Face Color and Mineral Veil finishing powder
1 x Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush - the silky-smooth texture of this concealer brush allows full, concentrated coverage

How to apply:
Prep Step Moisture Set Radiant Prep Cream:

Apply to clean skin using your finger tips

Concealer SPF20:

Apply before your foundation with the Concealer Brush
You can also apply after foundation for extra coverage

Original SPF15 Foundation:

Start by tapping a small amount of foundation into the lid, then follow the 'swirl, tap, buff' technique: swirl the minerals into the bristles of your Flawless Face Brush, tap off any excess, and buff the foundation onto your skin in a circular motion
Begin with a small amount and add additional layers for fuller coverage

Hydrating Mineral Veil Finishing Powder:

Start by tapping a small amount of powder into the lid, then follow the 'swirl, tap, buff' technique: swirl the minerals into your brush's bristles, tap off any excess, and buff the powder onto your skin in a circular motion

Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara Petite Precision Brush:

Comb your lashes from roots to ends, gently wiggling the wand from side to side

Pop of Passion Lip-Oil Balm:

Glide over your lips for medium coverage
Layer for a more vibrant look

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.208454

It is a complete waste of time, makes no difference whatsoever. All it does is brush away the make up you've already applied. If you only want to use mineral make up then I guess it has it's purpose, but virtually any other non-mineral finishing powder/mattifying powder does a better job.

Another desperately safe TSV from BM.

That said, I'd like to try the lash domination mascara with the 'petite precision' brush. The original last domination is good mascara, but the brush is too ****** big to get to the base of your lashes without poking you in the eye. I hate big fat mascara brushes, slimmer ones give much better definition and you can build up with them much more easily.

That said, I'd like to try the lash domination mascara with the 'petite precision' brush. The original last domination is good mascara, but the brush is too ****** big to get to the base of your lashes without poking you in the eye. I hate big fat mascara brushes, slimmer ones give much better definition and you can build up with them much more easily.

sadly thats what it will always be like but they might change the foundation to a ready one or bareskin again but thats going to be one of the very few varients they will do

The pattern seems to be - they put a "toe in the water" for a new foundation, then offer it in a TSV if it works well... but generally speaking they do seem to return to the reliable best seller for most TSVs... there is a possibility that the next TSV will have one of the other products. I would have thought that coming into spring would be the right time for complexion rescue or bareskin - most of us are looking for a lighter makeup for the warmer months.

Well thanks to those of you who gave comments about the Mineral Veil. I have made my mind up and am not bothering with this. I think it is quite an expensive TSV. I am not sure about that Primer thing either, I have yet to use one that doesn't roll off my skin. I think I will be able to ration out the foundation that I have as I tend to hardly wear it in the summer months when I tend to have a bit of a natural colour and glow from being outside more.

I used to buy every bare minerals tsv going but now with limited time in the morning to get ready I just don't have the time to faff around with all those pots swirling, tapping and buffing! Much prefer everything in a palette these days. Am a total 'tartelette' now!

It's a rather over rated brand BM! Have tried lots of makeup and it's way down my list of quality & looking good! Suppose we all like different ones :mysmilie_7:

I agree it is overrated IMO. I've given it a try and they have quickly become the least used items in my makeup bag. On the other hand, Doll10 has been a pleasant surprise, am loving the Doll10 tsv!

I tried the foundation years ago, didn't feel like I had any make-up on because I didn't. I got repetitive strain injury trying to get any coverage

As it is coming into Spring I had hoped for complexion rescue! I've heard it is good for spring/summer. Maybe it will be on in June? I've noticed before they they tend to have tsvs with new foundations in a year after their launch! They happened with the ready and bare skin. Don't think I will be getting this, that prep step just sounds like a moisturiser! No mention of whether it will make makeup last longer! Not a big fan of mineral veil and that concealer is way too dark if you are lighter than the light shade. Well I use fairly light or golden fair (which is not sold on qvc :( ) and the bisque concealer shade is far too dark! I use well rested instead, more foundation or another brand's concealer!

Latest posts

Back