BCC Charity Auction

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tvshopper

Registered Shopper
A right stink over at QVC fb page as they acknowledge that a Presenter won the Charity Auction, but as an employee they were prevented from bidding. Even nastier is the fact that QVC have not done the decent thing and donated the amount bid to BCC, only donated the prizes. This gives the Charity a £2000 shortfall as QVC admit only £1000 has been raised from the sale of the clogau necklace.

Utterly disgraceful of QVC

I agree, QVC have done themselves no favours at all with this fiasco IMO. Definitely leaves a sour taste in the mouth if you ask me.

If you go to the presenter's Back To You page on FB, she is telling them its all sorted out and nothing more will be done to her.

She should at least have been suspended without pay for a while. I know one the QVC FB someone has reported it to Ofcom and another reporting it to the charity commission. It will be interesting to see what happens with these.

There's also a warning notice about people posting, in their view, bad remarks about presenters and how they will not tolerate such comments, severe policing imo. Shows QVC for what they really are. They get worse, you don't think they could and then they do.

At the end of the day BCC has lost £2000 due to a presenter and her best friend it's disgraceful.

What is going on on Qs Facebook page?

Something about the BCC auction. So many posts about their integrity and deleting/editing.

Thanks for merging my thread into this one :)

Well I've missed this entirely - what happened? Something to do with Debbie Flint I see.

The lovely Debbie bid £3000 for a luxury pamper package for her best mate. Problem is, as surely EVERYONE knows, that Employees are not allowed to Bid, facts of which the Auctioneer was no doubt well aware, if Ms Flint was not. Anyhoo, complaints are made because, let's face it, it was against the Rules, she's deprived Joe Public of having a chance and, theres a nasty smell of it being 'rigged'. After all, the latter is WHY you don't have your Employees bid!

So after a long time of increasing pressure from disgruntled bidders and FB members, they donated some of the package to BCC. But it so far leaves BCC with a 2k shortfall. It was mean of QVC not to make that up and meaner of Ms Flint not to either. And their apology was most definitely not an apology. It was a retort. Nasty.

Of course you have the daft QVC-can-do-no-wrong lot who can't see the problem at all and does it really matter? Well, yes, it does and it should matter to QVC more than anyone: their reputation is now sullied. And given the fact they've lost 2 models and nearly a Presenter to cancer, their mealy mouthed apology leaves a bad taste indeed.

Not being on FB or Twitter, I have also missed this and have also been asleep at some point because I didn't realise that the Red Carpet Nails lady is DF's sister! Also the lady that does Kipling is also doing the JML foot massager ad at the moment or have I dreamt that one?

Still, I cannot understand how it happened...do people not read the terms and conditions when signing their contracts, the majority of which state as an employee you, your family members, are not allowed to enter draws, comps etc if you work for the company. Even so, such a shame...I feel for all concerned.

The person DF won the auction for is an Admin on her FB group Back To You QVC, its open for all to read as a public group. Strangely you see the members going to QVC and meeting guest presenters all the time. Photos up for all to see. Oh and DF organizing live web chats with guest presenters and group members. So QVC are bending over backwards to state these FB groups QVC Queens and Back To You QVC(both run by DF), have nothing to do with QVC. Yet why are the members being invited to QVC all the time and getting web chats with guest presenters??? They must be cleared to go to QVC through DF, also does she just randomly ask the guest presenters, "Oh come chat with these ladies", and they all agree. Something is not quite right in the state of Denmark as Judge Judy once said.

QVC are deleting many comments and the thread are now full of people presuming the issue is about CS or somesuch so they`re coming out in force to sing Q`s praises. A classic case of not knowing what they`re talking about but talking anyway lol

Yes Donna it is a case of Who Shot John, (another of the wonderful JJ's sayings)

DBF thinks she is invincible and this just reinforces it, she will be unbearable.

I really hope that someone takes a complaint all the way, even if it only to see Her and Q admit their wrongdoing and make amends to the charity.

Sorry not on FB or Twitter, can you post Flint's so called apology? TIA

Also Q needs to stop her from promoting her books via Amazon every time she is on Grrrrrrr. I see the crown has been brought up, wasn't there rumours JR won that or did I dream that ?

Latest posts

Back