beauty baloney?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I will be double checking everything before I leave for work today. My absolute worst scenario would be a fire when I was out and the dog being in the house. I get upset just thinking about it. I once nearly started a fire with my magnifying lamp being near the window and the sun coming in but thankfully I was in the house and spotted it. Take extra care everyone.

CC

I'd never buy them anyway as they trigger my asthma and allergy problems.

As big a fan of nice smellies as I am I don't like home fragrance products. They frequently have allergy warnings on them (that I'd probably ignore if not for my own experiences), so really aren't good to be breathing in. Many come from China so have the potential to have dubious ingredients but even high-end stuff like Jo Malone and Diptyque use paraffin wax.

I like to open my windows every day for at least an hour, even in mid-winter. A fresh home is the best-smelling home in my opinion (but I'm probably a teeny bit jealous of those who can light a lovely candle in the evenings).

I'd never buy them anyway as they trigger my asthma and allergy problems.

As big a fan of nice smellies as I am I don't like home fragrance products. They frequently have allergy warnings on them (that I'd probably ignore if not for my own experiences), so really aren't good to be breathing in. Many come from China so have the potential to have dubious ingredients but even high-end stuff like Jo Malone and Diptyque use paraffin wax.

I like to open my windows every day for at least an hour, even in mid-winter. A fresh home is the best-smelling home in my opinion (but I'm probably a teeny bit jealous of those who can light a lovely candle in the evenings).
With a gassy Staffie and three elderly cats I've long forgotten what a fresh-smelling home is like. That said, I do worry about plug-in diffusers. The Feliway diffuser I use does get very hot and I'm always worried that I might have forgotten to switch it off when I go out.

Thanks for that bit of info China ! I've never used plug in air fresheners, and now I never will ! Actually I don't use any type of 'air freshener', I just open the windows. The only aerosol I use is the stuff that kills flies, but I think the formula has changed because I nearly end up throwing the tin at the flies to kill the buggers !

Tuned in this morning to check out the TSV and it's a Neom set consisting of a large candle, a bath foam and a pillow spray. It's very expensive but it looks lovely, so other than the price I'm not knocking it. (would be very chuffed to receive it as a gift). However the BA, a Julia Roberts (film)/Ellie Goulding hybrid starting talking about how you could light the candle in the bedroom a couple of hours before bed, then have your bath, and spritz the pillow..I liked that she said that the spray is not water based so it doesn't leave the pillow wet..The one I have does and I really don't like that it does that. What got me, was when she started referring to the burning of the candle as "Treatments" ie the candle gives you about "x" amount of treatments...Treatments - my backside -It's not a medicine, it's a lovely candle that smells nice and might, (but probably won't) help you sleep better. I know there is such a thing as a beauty treatment, but I really don't like the way they dress them up in medicinal looking bottles, and even worse than that, when Ali Young "prescribes" jars of moisturisers to customers when they've texted in. Why can't she say " I recommend that you use" instead...she's a "beauty expert" not a GP!
Never leave a candle unattended, immediately comes to mind when they spout this bulls...

Thanks for that bit of info China ! I've never used plug in air fresheners, and now I never will ! Actually I don't use any type of 'air freshener', I just open the windows. The only aerosol I use is the stuff that kills flies, but I think the formula has changed because I nearly end up throwing the tin at the flies to kill the buggers !
I find the easiest and cleanest way to get rid of flies if to take the brush off the end of the vacuum cleaner and slowly and steadily approach the offending fly. They just disappear into the tube!

I use those ‘stickers’ from Vapona. I fix them to the windows that I like to open, through which flies are likely to enter. They are saturated with fly killer which is released and seems to create a “force field” - any flies entering that zone are killed. Then every morning I just Hoover up all the dead bodies littering the window sills.

I find the easiest and cleanest way to get rid of flies if to take the brush off the end of the vacuum cleaner and slowly and steadily approach the offending fly. They just disappear into the tube!

I'm going to have to try this as, like Brissles, I end up using half a can on a wasp (allergic to their sting and the sods keep stinging!). It's good exercise darting in and out of the room and slamming the door behind me with each squirt, though.

I don't do wasps, I'm afraid if they come in my house they have to die. I also use half a can of fly spray to kill each one and nearly kill myself with the fumes!

Mum gave me a waspinator which I hung outside my patio doors and it works. Only had the odd wasp whereas we usually have dozens in the house in September/October.

Cc

I don't do wasps, I'm afraid if they come in my house they have to die. I also use half a can of fly spray to kill each one and nearly kill myself with the fumes!

Mum gave me a waspinator which I hung outside my patio doors and it works. Only had the odd wasp whereas we usually have dozens in the house in September/October.

Cc
The chemicals in fly spray scare the you know what out of me. Really not good to be breathing that lot in. I do try to get wasps to leave the house, but if they're not playing ball, they get Henryfied.

Cc

We bought one this summer - fab things. They look totally unconvincing to me but obviously fool the wasps!

Latest posts

Back