Beauty Bash Dissappointment

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

goddess

Registered Shopper
I recieved a letter from QVC just before Christmas inviting me to register for Beauty Bash Tickets.
The Letter Stated that I had to register my attendance before December 16. I registered days before this and my friend who also recieved the letter tried to register on 16th December but got an automated messge saying that she would be unable to register as they had reached their allocation.

My friend was upset but I told her that I would let her be my guest if my Sister was unable to go. I expected my tickets by the first week of January but recieved nothing, I called QVC Monday, explained the situation and was told someone would call me back, I heard nothing so I called again to be told the same thing. Last night I recived an email from CS saying that they were sorry but they had no attendance confirmation so wouldn't be getting any tickets. I called QVC again today and was told a different storty. A lady from CS told me that when you registererd for tickets, you were actually entering a ballott to apply for tickets and I was unsucessful in my application. I said that was silly as they had an allocated number of tickets and I was able to register before they closed the registration line when they reached capacity.

It seems silly to invite you to apply to enter a ballott.

I'm very annoyed with QVC as I booked the day off work. Oh well I wont be spending anymore of my hard earned cash with them anytime soon.

Last edited:
Sadly thats what i have come to expect from QVC - total farce. Hope you get sorted and get to attend the beauty bash!

They should make it totally clear you are entering a ballot.

I know from reading QVC US community the tickets are a ballot and its made clear. The phone lines for the ballot opened on day X time slot from say 9am -12pm. Then closed so those phone in that time slot entered into the ballot and its luck whether you get picked or not.

I think next year if the Daily Mail day is a success they will do two days. That way you know you have tickets and the money goes to charity.

I noticed on the QVC FB page they now say you can purchase products at the event. Never been myself but never heard anyone mention this who has gone.

QVC stated yesterday you cannot buy products at the beauty bash.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the Daily Mail involvement? To the OP, even if they offered me tickets now, I'd tell them to shove it!

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the Daily Mail involvement? To the OP, even if they offered me tickets now, I'd tell them to shove it!

First two days are QVC event and the third day is Daily Mail event. DM advertised that people could buy tickets (some of ticket price going to charity) for that day but the first two days are for people chosen by QVC along with the small number who won tickets in the draw.

They should make it totally clear you are entering a ballot.

I know from reading QVC US community the tickets are a ballot and its made clear. The phone lines for the ballot opened on day X time slot from say 9am -12pm. Then closed so those phone in that time slot entered into the ballot and its luck whether you get picked or not.

I think next year if the Daily Mail day is a success they will do two days. That way you know you have tickets and the money goes to charity.

I noticed on the QVC FB page they now say you can purchase products at the event. Never been myself but never heard anyone mention this who has gone.

I agree , as this random ballot often isn't as random as it would seem , so theres always going to be a case of people picked 2 or 3 times where as some people never picked at all. If they are going to keep it like this then the people that attend should be withdrawn from being picked the following year.

I agree , as this random ballot often isn't as random as it would seem , so theres always going to be a case of people picked 2 or 3 times where as some people never picked at all. If they are going to keep it like this then the people that attend should be withdrawn from being picked the following year.

Thats why I am annoyed. If it's a ballott then all should be invited to apply like you do for Wimbledon tickets or London Marathon spaces. But it seems with QVC you are picked froom a ballot to recieve the letter inviting you to apply to enter another ballot.....that doesn't seem right!!!

Lots of pics on facebook of free samples given to people but i think Q should put samples in orders as a matter of routine for regular buyers not just the chosen few who have what they consider spent ££££££.

I know on QVC US they used to give samples out with certain beauty brands. The samples did match the brand they came with, but a way to try a different brand.

Very good idea and better than the customer test panel, where only the chosen few got stuff to try before it went on air.

Latest posts

Back