Beauty Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DramaCat

gobby bird
Do any of you have items you repeat purchase that really work for you? In advance of Beauty Day it might be good to get some honest opinions on here (given they seem to be 'policing' the supposedly objective reviews on the website).

My regular purchases are:

Gatineau Throat Gel - I am not sure how great it works, i have just used it for years and it works well in my beauty regime.

L'Occitane Shea Butter Soaps - (though I sometimes get them from the store) I love them, they work well for my entire family

Gayle Hayman Lip Lift - again, works well in my beauty regime, I really like the texture

Elemis - Pro Collagen Marine Cream - I do like the texture, I only ever buy it if it is in a TSV though.

Bare Escentuals - I do love the foundation (though I use it over my MAC foundation) and Mineral Veil but I have a bit of a stockpile situation. I quite like the eyeshadows/blushers but they are just too messy to use, I wish BE would address this. I adore their Prime Time Primer, think it really makes a difference.

Smashbox - I quite like their TSVs, just generally for trend colours of eyeshadows etc

Liz Earle - hmm I was a C&P fan but am not loving it so much anymore. I still love and adore the Instant Boost Skin Tonic. I use it all the time, the spray is brilliant for so many things. (I do tend to buy direct from LE.com these days though)

Ultrasun - works great for myself and the family, the facial and body ones. I love that it is a once a day application.

Nails - I am a glutton for nail products and tend to indulge a lot in them, Nails Inc, OPI and LD (which I am now dropping like a tonne of bricks :taphead:)

After sampling some A'kin products and on the back of the rave reviews you guys gave the brand I may indulge if any of their kits make it to air tomorrow - apart from that I am trying to be good and work my way through some of the stockpiles I already have.

I dabble with various other brands but don't overly love any of the products

I daren't watch after a few glasses of wine though - I get ridiculous with the red active button (hence my dabbling with other brands) :giggle:

Honestly its usually only the TSVs I would go for as you can get better deals for Gatineau etc if you search online. I don't just mean ebay either.

I have repeat purchase L'Occitane 500ml size shea body lotion usually in a duo and rarely see it in a real store.

Elemis Sensitive Skin Wash, love the smell and works great with the Clarisonic. I if a good deal on the duo packs will buy them. Of course there was the famous miss price 400ml size of the cleanser and toner frenzy.:clapping:

I used to buy OPI from QVC, but since I only wear colour on my toe nails found Essie works better for me. Again you can get better deals online if you search around. I do mean ebay this time US sellers always cheaper for OPI and Essie even allowing for shipping.

Microplane Foot File, now I only ever purchased one way back first TSV but it is worth its weight in gold.

My repeat buys are:

Elemis PCMC love love love it!

Ojon Shine & Protect the whole lot really works and makes my hair so shiny.

Nails Inc especially the Caviar Top Coat best top coat ever love the nail colours but, have loads the only one I have repeat purchased is Elizabeth Street (the perfect nude) and Regents Palace the most gorgeous, glam , glossy purple ever!

SBC Shower Creme love it I do prefer Elemis's shower cream but, the SBC is more economical.

Decleor - Systeme Corps fave body moisturiser forget how many of those I've re-ordered.

My repeat buys are:

Elemis PCMC love love love it!

Ojon Shine & Protect the whole lot really works and makes my hair so shiny.

Nails Inc especially the Caviar Top Coat best top coat ever love the nail colours but, have loads the only one I have repeat purchased is Elizabeth Street (the perfect nude) and Regents Palace the most gorgeous, glam , glossy purple ever!

SBC Shower Creme love it I do prefer Elemis's shower cream but, the SBC is more economical.

Decleor - Systeme Corps fave body moisturiser forget how many of those I've re-ordered.

Good idea for a thread, here goes:
Elemis PCMC on 4th pot now, love it
Elemis pro radiance cleanser on third, 4th in cupboard
La Coupe blow dry straightening cream 3rd tube need to re-order (can make hair stiff don't put too much on)

I repeat buy A'kin Rose De Mai face cream, Cellular Radiance Serum, JoJo and Corn Face Scrub and the A'Kin Shampoos and Conditioners.

I also repeat buy the Hairfix Detox Kit, because I Henna my hair an awful lot and it really helps soften and condition my hair and keep the colour going.

Laura Geller Venus Lipstick/Ethereal Rose Powder

L'Occitane Shea/Marseille Soaps

ABC Tea Tree Skinwash

That's more than I thought...oops :bandit:

My multiple-repeat purchases are:

Ojon: ultra hydrating duo, restorative treatment and spray (my hair happily soaks these up)
Philosophy: Purity, vit c powder (ordered both today actually), great mystery. Used to use many more but my skin rejects lots of products now :(
Smashbox: tinted moisturizer, high def foundation and concealer (perfect shades and cover without caking. Never melt in heat either)
Gayle hayman: eye lift gel (late night? What late night? Lifts my eyes in seconds!)
Alpha h: liquid gold (pigmentation be gone!)
Ultrasun : facial spf30 (never greasy, keeps pigmentation at bay)
ABC: tea tree skin wash (never without this, none drying but keeps skin fresh and clean)

dont have many repeat purchases on QVC, although have bought from shops after initial purchase on QVC, my faves are -

BE foundation (just order the huge 18g pot on 2 easy pays)
L'occitane Shea shower gel and body lotion
L'occitane soaps esp the milk soap
Laura Geller lip glosses

use to get LE C&P but went off it a bit, now using the Soap and Glory hot cloth cleasner, much cheaper and does a better job imo.

Erm thats it I think! :flower:

bare escentuals tinted mineral veil.

philip kingsley remoisturising shampoo/conditioner.ojon restorative treatment the £60 size.
elasticiser by pk

l'occitane soaps all of them.

most l'occitane tsv's as i just love their stuff.

alph-h the whole range chuffed at the results and the fact its not scented.

opi kits and nails inc if they bring that 20 nail polish box back for xmas i will be happy.

philisophy pure/amazing grace kits.i get comments everyday when i wear this stuff and the bodycare is lux.

supernatural primer by philiosophy.

l'occitane footcream

l'occitane handcream but now using age delay from alph-a h

sbc arnica gel. brill when my body is sore after a workout.

seche vite the best topcoat in the whole wide world.

l'occitane shea butter in the tin and the body lotion dont even bother anymore with decleor or elemis.

l'occitanes 4 rienes edt one of the very few fragances that l'occitane do that actually lasts.on my 4th bottle.

the best body cream ever is l'occitane shea butter body cream. very indulgent and a bit pricey.

i think thats it. i have quite simple and cheap needs beauty wise!

I usually only go for TSV's or bargain collections that contain my repeat purchases, so here goes:

Decleor Aromessence Iris, Systeme Corps, Aromessence Sculpt, Hand Lotion, Cleanser & Toner.

Gatineau Melatogenine eye cream/DefiLift eye cream, Floracil, Throat gel

Elemis Sharp shower gel, Devil's Mint body scrub

L'Occitane Shea body lotion, Verbena shower gel, Almond shower oil

Philosophy Amazing Grace (just about everything they do in it!)

A'Kin Rosehip oil, Cellular Radiance serum (also buy alot of their other products but usually from Mypure)

Only a couple of things! :blush:

Hmn, think the only item I regularly repeat purchase from QVC is the L'Occitane shea butter hand cream. I'm sure this is what stops me getting The Letter at times. Can't find it cheaper anywhere else, but anyone who can is very very (sorry possessed by Ann Dawson for a mo there :eek:) welcome to enlighten me! I have bought Gale Hayman and Judith Williams eye creams more than once, they are great value IMHO, esp when in duos.

Having been introduced to them by QVC, I do repeat purchase the following from other sources though:

Various Decleor cleansers

Decleor Phytopeeeayearl (to be said to tune of Wonder Womerrrrn)

Decleor Prolagene

L'Occitane soaps, esp the ginormous 500g Marseille ones for £6

L'Occitane Shea Butter (tried a cheaper version recently and nearly had a nervous breakdown at the difference. Realised Poxytane's is worth every penny)

Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic (the only thing from her range I just can't give up)

Aveda Shampure (but may be switching to A'Kin or Liz Earle if I could only remember to take the sample sachets into the shower one morning to trial them)

I reckon on average I buy one or two out of the three Decleor, Liz Earle and L'Occitane TSV's per year, that keeps me going in basics (presteeegious basics, natch :giggle:) Not sure how this will work out now I've met A'Kin though, think me and my once loved brands may be heading for the divorce courts :nod:

What a good idea for a thread.
LE. Mainly the C&P, Instant boost, skin repair. and the foot scrub and moisturiser which really is excellent, I tend to buy from LE direct unless there is a TSV

L'occitaine shea butter milk soaps. By far the best soap i've ever used and it smells gorgeous and lasts a very long time.

Alpha H. I discovered this last year and the Liquid Gold and White Gold really work for me.

Philosophy Pure Grace. Absolutely love the smell but you do have to keep reapplying as the smell doesn't last long.

BE Best make up range i've ever used but I do find it a bit of a faff .

Nails Inc Victoria. love the colour. They used to sell it in a duo with the topcoat which was very good value but haven't seen it for a while.

Ojon restoratitve treatment and ultra hydrating shampoo. My hair loves it but I hate the smell

L'Occitane Shea Butter and Marseilles soaps, although I'm a bit peeved there are none on today's Beauty 4 easy pays. :thinking: Also, their Shea Butter body lotion..when it's in stock! And I always have a tube of handcream (or two!) in my bag- at the moment I'm using a Shea Butter one and the Cooling Verbena, which smells good enough to eat. Liquid soap in the kitchen- all the family sem to like it.

Decleor System Corps for my Mum. She loves it.

Bare Escentuals. As others have said, the foundation can be a bit off a faff and the eyeshadows are dreadfully messy, but it gives super coverage. Love the Buxom lipglosses too. I'll only buy from QVC when they are having aTSV, otherwise it's the Bay for me.

Mally Mascara- just excellent.

I use several Liz Earle products, but I'll look on Ebay or Liz's own site for better prices. I keep the handcream pump in the kitchen and try to remember to use it every time I wash my hands. Always use the C&P, toner and moisturiser and the Orange Flower Body Wash is divine.

I've tried a few *ahem other brands too and my older daughter is very impressed with the Laura Geller Balance and Brighten.

So, not many repeat purchases here then. :blush:

Last edited:
Usually TSVs for Jabba too Im afraid as has been said previously in this thread many items can be purchased cheaper elsewhere
I have repurchased the ABC litre skinwash for OH but today I have bought 2 of the Ultrasun sets on easypay at beauty day price as OH and I are returning to Florida 3 weeks from today for another vacation :sun::clapping::mysmilie_480:

Latest posts

Back