Best batch code checker for beauty products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
I thought this would be a good idea, for those of us with a rather large stash of products to get through after all their QVC beauty purchases.

I have been using this one: http://checkcosmetic.net/

But neither that one nor any other I've been able to find gives info on Gatineau... which is unfortunate as that is my largest stockpile!

It seems like a sensible idea to use the oldest products first, and it also enables anyone selling from their stash to make sure that they don't get returns on the basis that the batch is overage... Even if the product has been carefully stored, and is perfectly good to use, you can't always trust that that is the case. Also would prevent anyone being dishonest and sending back an older pot they've already got and demanding a refund (cynical, moi??).

Then there's always the consideration if you are using your stash for gifting, to make sure that the product you give will have a decent unopened shelf life for the recipient... Be a bit embarrassing otherwise, especially if they are prone to checking batch codes themselves!

So - any more recommendations on batch code checkers? Anyone found one for Gatineau?

I thought this would be a good idea, for those of us with a rather large stash of products to get through after all their QVC beauty purchases.

I have been using this one: http://checkcosmetic.net/

But neither that one nor any other I've been able to find gives info on Gatineau... which is unfortunate as that is my largest stockpile!

So - any more recommendations on batch code checkers? Anyone found one for Gatineau?

MML, I, too, use checkcosmetic. I enquired of Gatineau (Paris) re the date of manufacture (DoM) and the use-by date, but received nada.

Since Andrew Bagley is the Gatineau guest on Le Q, it might be worth your contacting him at The Beauty Room - 57 Victoria Street, Windsor, Berks SL4 1EH. According to The Beauty Room website, he can be contacted via email at [email protected] I would put attention Andrew Bagley in the subject section, to ensure that the email is passed on to him.

Note that it is possible that you will not receive the information you seek; Decleor - which used to be listed on checkcosmetic - refused my request. Elemis, however, did tell me how I could ascertain the DoM of its products.

Good luck. Jay.

Oh yes, they took the oakmoss out and put in treemoss. So before 2013 is also good, but it seems the batch for 2014 was not so good. Now this is the edp version, the perfume has always been fab. Wasler (sp) has worked on it again and brought it back to standard again.

Latest posts

Back