Bibi Bijoux beads

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Many posts have been written about Bibi Bijoux, and having seen the stretch 'beaded' bracelets on offer tonight, I am adding my tuppence worth.

The profit on these items must be ginormous ! Each bracelet is just shy of £40, and yet I have these same beaded bracelets that were 3 for £10 from Adrian Buckley at Luton airport! Mine don't have the added crystal beads or the charm, but I sat open mouthed at what was being charged. I'm not a fan of Lola Rose, but at least she does have genuine 'rocks' for her creations and a cheaper price at times.

I've also seen similar ones in M & S for around £12 with charms and crystals, so I do think with the P & P, BB are taking the P !

My views exactly. You can find stylish "fashion jewellery" in lots of shops on the dreaded high street nowadays at a third of QVC prices and no p&p.

They'll get away with it as long as they can sell aspiration and people are stupid enough to fall for it. And it's obviously working, so the solution is to pay for the item, not the hype. I've always thought BB stuff looked a bit cheap but lots of people have fallen for the hype and don't mind that they've paid over the odds for a fairly ordinary piece of jewellery. I also find the "jingle jangle" guest woman intensely irritating.

Bibi Bijoux beads

Imo it's the hype that sell the overpriced BB jewellery, not the monotone voice of the guest, the jingle jangle and the voice have me rushing for the off button.

the silver bracelets/necklaces never tarnish. have not tried the newer beads or the gold plated but if they last a long time then its worth it. the designs are usually very nice to!

Sometimes on Sundays(I am very rarely in the city centre that day), at Victoria Squared they have stands of artisans:)mysmilie_17:) selling their wares. Usually a man with paintings of cows and a few pigs for nearly £200!!!! Never seen anyone buy one.

Anyway they have some jewellery stands, I remember quite clearly a lady selling bracelets and necklaces made from the same beads as Bibi. In fact they looked the exact same styles, she sold bracelets for around £20+. I was chatting to her one day and mention BiBi she had never heard of them, and had been making these styles for last 15 years. She made everything herself and would adjust a bracelet if it was too loose or too tight free of charge. Also if you like stars instead of hearts etc she would change and make one with the charms you wanted, no extra cost.

I think that it is a case of horses for courses, with a brand like Bibi-Bijoux pieces just the name makes it sound like it is a lifestyle brand rather than say M&S .
There are all always going to be people who pay for the brand name and the lifestyle it evokes.
I brought a OTO necklace for my niece and you would have thought I had give her the "holy grail" of jewelry not a set of base metal beads and a couple of charms.
So my money was well spent and I could only have brought it at that price from Q.

i like quality if something looks lovely and the item lasts for many years its an investment. jewellery on me is easily ruined as i cant wear plate for long and dont always want to buy solid gold. some brands sell high quality plated vermaille that i can wear all the time. some cheaper offerings the plate goes after a week or a few months.

silver tarnishes on me fast. but qvc plate some of thier pieces in platinum and it never tarnishes. bibi is very heavy and bold. and solid so in silver would be very expensive. i have bought some looky likey on the high street from marks and spencer and the chain pulled my jumpers and it tarnished very quick. so not such good value.

Many posts have been written about Bibi Bijoux, and having seen the stretch 'beaded' bracelets on offer tonight, I am adding my tuppence worth.

The profit on these items must be ginormous ! Each bracelet is just shy of £40, and yet I have these same beaded bracelets that were 3 for £10 from Adrian Buckley at Luton airport! Mine don't have the added crystal beads or the charm, but I sat open mouthed at what was being charged. I'm not a fan of Lola Rose, but at least she does have genuine 'rocks' for her creations and a cheaper price at times.

I've also seen similar ones in M & S for around £12 with charms and crystals, so I do think with the P & P, BB are taking the P !

I agree with all you have said. Also l don't think any of the colour combinations on these new beaded bracelets sat very well together. The grey and orange in particular was hideous. QVC were also up to their old tricks regarding colour descriptions - a nude pink and shocking pink bangle was being called 'pink and white' when there was not one bit of white in it! How they get away with this beggars belief, its misleading selling if you ask me!

If you want elasticated stretch cuff-type gemstone bracelets, Gemporia do sets (usually 3 or 5 to a set, all different) in real gemstone nuggets for about £20! I've got several sets, Kunzite, Rose Quartz, Amazonite, Tigers Eye, Yellow Opal, Pink Opal - you name it, all bought for no more than £15 a set (they are a bit dearer now) - in one case, 3 bracelets for £6, including a Morganite one! Really good jewellers elastic used, and I have worn mine to death (first set I bought is about 6 years old). Quite frankly, if mine broke tomorrow they would not owe me anything, when you think what you can pay in accessories shops (and I could re-use the gemstone nuggets to make other jewellery, if I wanted to). I've also got a set of 3 stretch elastic gemstone bracelets from Gems where the bracelets are made up of round Agate beads, 1 white bead bracelet, 2 Burgundy red ones, which you can hang charms on. They are faceted, polished beads and sparkle like mad. They came as a set of 3, for £10, and I've had them for 3 years. I chose not to put charms on mine, but you could - and you can wear them singly or all together to make a bigger cuff. I cannot understand why people buy Q's vastly overpriced and often base metal jewellery when you could get genuine gemstones elsewhere - and for a much more reasonable price.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back