birkenstock 25/03

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Does anyone know if these are regular or narrow fit. With them being a new style (although they look the same as the other one with loads of reviews) also there's no info on the site and as I've not had chance to check out the presentation, I'm wondering which they are.

I may have gone for them for under a tenner but at £17.00 with P&P they are way too much.

Jesus H :headbang::headbang:

What is that village idiot Glen :puke::puke::puke: wibbling about ?

It isn't even comprehensible its just one long sound after another :taphead::taphead::taphead:

I went for a pair of the purple, I wear Crocs so used to the cheap plastic look.:bow:

No idea about fit, the woman did say because of the adjustable straps can suit wider feet.

I actually found them on Amzazon at £13+ but there was shipping as it was a third party shop and the postage was £5!!!

I remember when the plastic style first appeared some years back and they where around £19 back then.

Oh they got good reviews on Amazon generally, some complaining they are big fitting.

Last edited:
I've got no opinions on the shoes themselves, but...........................

Nicky the guest is an excellent presenter for her brand but I wish she would sit more elegantly - atm her legs are apart and feet planted firmly and very flat on the floor which isn't a good advert for the shoes.

Glen - What does he look like, he and JR could do a double act. What does he sound like ? Same old commentary comes out every spring/summer.

Craig - I can't stand men wearing a white plastic watch and "jesus creeper" sandals anywhere other than on the beach.

PS did I really just hear Glen C suggest Birkis would be good for a casual summer wedding with a long linen dress ?

I've got no opinions on the shoes themselves, but...........................

Nicky the guest is an excellent presenter for her brand but I wish she would sit more elegantly - atm her legs are apart and feet planted firmly and very flat on the floor which isn't a good advert for the shoes.

Glen - What does he look like, he and JR could do a double act. What does he sound like ? Same old commentary comes out every spring/summer.

Craig - I can't stand men wearing a white plastic watch and "jesus creeper" sandals anywhere other than on the beach.

PS did I really just hear Glen C suggest Birkis would be good for a casual summer wedding with a long linen dress ?

Totally agree Erics Mum.

Nicky is very ungainly. She's one of those woman who couldn't look elegant if they tried.

Glen has turned into a right plonker, in fact he was surplus to requirements last night. Surely a fashion expert isn't required to give us style ideas for what are essentially plastic flip flops. I'm sure we can all work out for ourselves how and where to wear them (not out in public in my opinion).

As for Craig, well - it's all been said before hasn't it?

Jilly made me laugh. She came out with her standard statement "they're going very very quickly indeed", and then she said "why not go for two colours then you can mix and match". Mix and match?? Did she mean wear a different colour on each foot I wonder?

I'm a size 4 1/2 but always wear a size 3 in Birkenstocks narrow footbed; my feet are narrow but I have a v high instep (no I wasn't a cruise-ship dancer :tongue:).

I have the EVA Birkis croc look-alikes and they're v comfortable and don't cause blisters or sweating (and wash well in the washing machine at 30degrees) so I've ordered the TSV in purple size 3. On the models there is a huge amount of room above the tops of their feet even on the smallest buckle setting so I'm confident they'll fit. If not they'll be cheap to return under the DSR.

They make good slippers.

Jude xx

Oh dear - I like the TSV, especially the purple ones. I can not drive in my regular birkis, but these look fine for driving. will I? won't I?

I'm a size 4 1/2 but always wear a size 3 in Birkenstocks narrow footbed; my feet are narrow but I have a v high instep (no I wasn't a cruise-ship dancer :tongue:).

I have the EVA Birkis croc look-alikes and they're v comfortable and don't cause blisters or sweating (and wash well in the washing machine at 30degrees) so I've ordered the TSV in purple size 3. On the models there is a huge amount of room above the tops of their feet even on the smallest buckle setting so I'm confident they'll fit. If not they'll be cheap to return under the DSR.

They make good slippers.

Jude xx

Oh I am a size 3/36. Normal Birks size 3 are fine on me, hope these are not too big.:sweat:

So purple is the choosen colour on st.com.:happy:

:happy:Ok, done the deed. Ordered purple. I have some imitation crocs which don't slip or make my feet sweat and I use them for driving in the summer. These new ones will look better. I wish I had more willpower! - yesterday there was NO WAY I was buying the TSV!! Famous last words.

I think they'll be fine Donna, I just have strange feet. If I have them measured in the kid's machine at Clarks I'm a v wide fit size 4. But my foot is actually narrow but high instepped. I had trouble getting DD school shoes at Clarks when she was little as they insisted she was a G or H fitting but she has the same shaped feet as me really a C fitting but needs a style with plenty of arch room; eg. shallow mary janes cut into the top of our feet. This is why I got the assistant to measure my feet to prove it's a family anomaly. Sometimes a wide fitting works but usually the heel is too sloppy.

I can wear a 4 in birkenstocks but prefer the fit of the 3 so I think the EVA ones will be the same fitting as the usual birkis

Jude xx

Think I've answered my own question, found the same/similar shoe on another site and it's listed as medium width, obviously half way betweeen the two widths. Forgot Birkenstock do that size with some, not many but def a few.

I used to have a pair of the Arizona, the same style with the usual leather footbed and I have to say, found them a very bulky and restricting shoe, with no back I expected some sort of flip like you get with some shoes of a similar style but these were rigid. Maybe the EVA would give a little but this puts me off. Want them but not getting them, I have 6 pairs of all different style crocs, 4 pairs of normal Birkenstocks and this shoe is just a combo of both.

There, I talked myself out of them again and I nearly did give in.

It sounded like Glen, but it looked like Montel Williams.

Does he pause for breath? It's an assault on the ears!

He looks ridiculous in his jack up trousers and the sleeves too long for that jacket :doh: I would refuse to go out with my husband if he looked like Glen does.

:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483:

Can anyone advise if they have already bought these ?

The first large strap on the foot - will that "rub" on the top of the foot with the constant 'up and down' when you walk ?

Despite being cheap, if its the same material as Crocs then they will be comfy - I have Croc wellington boots, but wondered about the thick strap rubbing, - blisters are not a good look !

To me they look as if they are the same material as Crocs. That is why I went for them. But as I said before my Crocs can rub the very top of my foot in hot weather, thought since these have adjustable straps it would be better.

Crocs rub the top on my feet in really hot weather too, always get a blister.:dull:

I have a pair of Crocs which rub in the summer and I solved the problem by applying a strip of thin dressing tape to the inside of shoe – worked a treat?

I love Crocs, apart from comfort, they are deep enough to take an orthotic which I've needed since breaking my ankle. The TSV looks quite deep so thought I would give them a try for a change and ordered the pink

Thanks for that Donna.

I have a feeling that rubbing may happen with the broad strap, so despite being tempted, I will give them a miss.

I generally wear sandals with a V shaped top strap, so there is more movement with the foot.

I think they'll be fine Donna, I just have strange feet. If I have them measured in the kid's machine at Clarks I'm a v wide fit size 4. But my foot is actually narrow but high instepped. I had trouble getting DD school shoes at Clarks when she was little as they insisted she was a G or H fitting but she has the same shaped feet as me really a C fitting but needs a style with plenty of arch room; eg. shallow mary janes cut into the top of our feet. This is why I got the assistant to measure my feet to prove it's a family anomaly. Sometimes a wide fitting works but usually the heel is too sloppy.

I can wear a 4 in birkenstocks but prefer the fit of the 3 so I think the EVA ones will be the same fitting as the usual birkis

Jude xx

I ordered a pair but went for a size down from my usual; I have a similar pair of these but the flip-flop version and in my usual size and they are just too long. Hope these fit better and have taken the chance.

Latest posts

Back