Birthday event

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Every time I tune in Cavill and Co is on. Yesterday it was about 6 hours of ridiculously expensive jewellery. Well, at least I am not spending any money with them, so I guess that's a good thing.
Debbie Cavill has made a lot of comments re valuations that buyers have had, into the many thousands of pounds, ie 50/74 grand I've heard her say! She doesn't say what kind of valuation of course but it must be insurance purposes surely?

Debbie Cavill has made a lot of comments re valuations that buyers have had, into the many thousands of pounds, ie 50/74 grand I've heard her say! She doesn't say what kind of valuation of course but it must be insurance purposes surely?
Yes, it’s only for insurance purposes because the intrinsic value wouldn’t be anywhere near the prices she always throws about. Most of the gems she uses are semi precious also and bigger doesn’t always equate to being worth more necessarily.

I have been hearing many people express their belief that Gemporia is slowly nearing its demise, but I didn't believe it until now. On their Facebook page they have posted the highlights of the first week of their birthday event and, with the exception of Ceylon Sunset Sapphires, there is no gemstone premiere. They kept saying throughout the last few months that the birthday would be full of premieres and launches. How disappointing! What are your thoughts on the matter?
At the risk of sounding like Victor Meldrew, I cannot berleeeeve that flippin' jade is still turning up, even at the so-called birthday events! Give us a break! Toby Cavill is on at present, so perhaps there will be some better-class stuff (and he's succeeded in shutting Lynn up, so that's no mean achievement). But apart from this, the first time I looked in for the birthday events was last night, and nothing special at all, apart from some cheap-ish loose gemstones on Gem Collector which looked like couple of reasonable deals; it included four large smoky quartz chequerboard facetted stones in one box for £8.99, each stone the same size and total carat weight in box about 40 carats in all). Irradiated stones, but pretty reasonable price, I guess, by their standards. But GET RID OF THE JADE......please....

I wonder what happened to the ‘special’ guests? No Yianni or Charlie Barron. Not the birthday event it used to be sadly.

They're all coming up on various dates - including Rudy Wobito, Mariusz Gielo and Glenn Lehrer.

I'm hoping they put Glenn Lehrer on with Hyper Hattie simply for entertainment purposes, because both love the sound of their own voices so it'll be great seeing which one manages to silence the other. They'll no doubt put him on with Adina though.

It really does look like a savoy cabbage doesn't it?

A family member said EXACTLY this to me on Saturday!

A family member said EXACTLY this to me on Saturday!
Olmec Jade is not green, but blue and found in Bolivia. The carved symbol is not a rose, but a cabbage, which is a prosperity symbol used in Feng Shui.

It seems that Mr Troth's blue roses have turned out to be bright green brassicas. 😓

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when the delivery arrived. 🧐🤔🤫

Just had a quick peek at their website..who would pay over £300 - and in one case over £900 - for bog-standard gemstones set in sterling silver or gold tone? Their pricing is just off the wall these days and it seems as if they think of a number and add ten. These stone 'chips' or nuggets are available everywhere set on elasticated bracelets. Years ago, Gems used to do a set of five polished gemstone elasticated bracelets for a tenner - I've still got a set of them, in rose quartz, aquamarine, black onyx, tiger's eye and peridot and they're still OK after about 15 years of occasional wear, but these days they're charging over twenty quid for one bracelet, which is just ridiculous. Their pricing seems to be illogical compared to everywhere else, and when you can buy the same item from Amazon or Etsy for so much less, why would anyone be buying from Gems? OK, I understand they're in business to make a profit, but there's making a profit and just taking the p%%$ out of your customers.

And ah, the much-promoted Birthday event.....well, in my website surfing I've yet to see anything that appeals and the shows that I've tuned into for five minutes or so during the day and evening have been distinctly average stuff. The only really reasonable deals were what I saw on Gem Collector the other evening, and no doubt they're back to flogging what seem over-priced loose stones by now.

Just had a quick peek at their website..who would pay over £300 - and in one case over £900 - for bog-standard gemstones set in sterling silver or gold tone? Their pricing is just off the wall these days and it seems as if they think of a number and add ten. These stone 'chips' or nuggets are available everywhere set on elasticated bracelets. Years ago, Gems used to do a set of five polished gemstone elasticated bracelets for a tenner - I've still got a set of them, in rose quartz, aquamarine, black onyx, tiger's eye and peridot and they're still OK after about 15 years of occasional wear, but these days they're charging over twenty quid for one bracelet, which is just ridiculous. Their pricing seems to be illogical compared to everywhere else, and when you can buy the same item from Amazon or Etsy for so much less, why would anyone be buying from Gems? OK, I understand they're in business to make a profit, but there's making a profit and just taking the p%%$ out of your customers.

And ah, the much-promoted Birthday event.....well, in my website surfing I've yet to see anything that appeals and the shows that I've tuned into for five minutes or so during the day and evening have been distinctly average stuff. The only really reasonable deals were what I saw on Gem Collector the other evening, and no doubt they're back to flogging what seem over-priced loose stones by now.
How right you are

The orange diamonds were heralded as Never Before Seen but again they were set with really awfully included white diamonds which ruined the whole look for me.Why they call them fire diamonds is beyond me seeing as ALL diamonds are as a result of that.They’re but a step away from being brown.

The orange diamonds were heralded as Never Before Seen but again they were set with really awfully included white diamonds which ruined the whole look for me.Why they call them fire diamonds is beyond me seeing as ALL diamonds are as a result of that.They’re but a step away from being brown.
Gemporia give their stones weird and wonderful names so they can hike the prices up even more.

Who's going to pay hundreds of pounds for champagne, coffee or cognac diamonds if they were simply called "brown diamonds" instead?

I’ve just seen a promo for the Birthday with Adina wearing a green dress and looking really gorgeous for once. It’s such a crying shame that women do such unnecessary tweaks to their faces to suit a current trend.She should have left well alone.

Oh no, the Chinese market are buying up all of Yanni’s rocks!But, we’re so lucky that he managed to source us some of this exceptionally rare and highly valuable and respected gemstone. Amazing stuff, Iove is associated with this gemstone as well according to Lynn due to it being a heart shaped piece.I’m not even joking.We have an Orb coming up by an ancient Greek designer loool. So not a bead then?

Oh no, the Chinese market are buying up all of Yanni’s rocks!But, we’re so lucky that he managed to source us some of this exceptionally rare and highly valuable and respected gemstone. Amazing stuff, Iove is associated with this gemstone as well according to Lynn due to it being a heart shaped piece.I’m not even joking.We have an Orb coming up by an ancient Greek designer loool. So not a bead then?
Maybe it's reminiscent of a load 9f old b#ll#cks because it's spherical?

Just think, 300 years or so ago Lynn would have been burned at the stake for spewing all her crystal nonsense at people.

It's a pity that some old traditions had to die out 😏

Lyndsey can barely breathe due to the over excitement,”This is your moment” she trills like a dopey parrot at seeing the price of some sapphire. They’re oohing and aahing over the colour now. It’s a ****** heated, treated gem.How do people fall for his never ending nonsense?

Lyndsey can barely breathe due to the over excitement,”This is your moment” she trills like a dopey parrot at seeing the price of some sapphire. They’re oohing and aahing over the colour now. It’s a ****** heated, treated gem.How do people fall for his never ending nonsense?
Because some people never question what they're being told. Or are so far down the Gemporia rabbit hole that they just won't allow themselves to.

Is why many viewers don't see the discrepancies between what the presenters/"gem broadcasters" say aloud, and what information is shown in the on-screen graphics. Or why some actually think that Nilamani kyanite is really sapphire.

Latest posts

Back