Blimey O’Riley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
I saw a pair of Nina Leonard bell bottom trousers on air just, and thought I must have a look on the website.
Because with postage I thought oh my word Lenny would turn in his grave at £50 being charged for his pants.
Going to look on qvcuk.com I wanted to see if this had become the new NL norm of trouser pricing.

Little did I know what I would find....The flipping price! .....Over £90 for denim style leggings!!! ⬇️

https://www.qvcuk.com/Denim-Stretch...t-by-Nina-Leonard.product.181573.html?sc=SRCH

😱😮😲

For heaven's sake that's absolutely ludicrous..they look no better than what you'd get in George at Asda or Primark and if I'm totally honest I don't even think those shops would sell jeggings with printed on pockets - I don't know if these "designer brands" have any real kudos in their homeland or are they just QVC exclusive. It seems to me that QVC reckon that they're up there with the best and they're as exclusive as the "who the fudge?" brands they sell. I mean qvcuk sell Ruth Langford fashion fgs...a middle aged telly presenter who's product line would probably sit well in M&CO or Bon Marche for a fraction of the price. I know this might sound a bit snobby but I'd be embarrassed to tell anyone I was wearing a Ruth Langsford anything! I think it's high time that Q got down of its high horse and started offering their customers good value for money in fashion.

Most of QVC fashion is dire. I have a few tops, bought from the outlet shop in Shrewsbury, where there is a sea of sweaty polyester! 2 Kim&Co tops £6.50 each (made in Canada) 3 Attitudes by Renee long shirts about £7.00 each (made in China) 1 Cudl duds t shirt about £6 ( made in China) 1 Yong Kim top about £7.00 ( made in USA) 1 Anthonny striped top about£6.50 (made in China) and a Marla Wynn tunic thing, not boxy, £11 (made in China, which quite surprised me as l thought Marla made them in her garage)
I think I paid what they were worth, certainly wouldn’t pay full price for any of their offerings. All cheaply made in bulk, a lot of polyester, and mostly made in China

Marla Wynne shows are unbelievable. Does Melissa really love the "drama kimono"? It looks so weird with those thin side bits flapping around and puts about two stone on her. I must say the styles seem to suit Marla in the videos but then she's a particular shape and personality and obviously designed them for herself. But imo they do not translate to suit all women. And what is the point of showing them on young women who are not the target audience? Seeing as Marla says she made them for the older woman, they are never going to look convincing on a 20-30something of any size.

I don`t know why anybody would want to buy QVC clothes at the moment. There are so many genuine discounts out there and shops and websites are offering big reductions and many offer free deliveries and returns. From supermarkets to high end brands, they are all struggling and have lots of stock to get rid of, not to mention Autumn/Winter styles will be out soon and they`ll also need to make room for Christmas stock too.
QVC have neither the style nor the value for money anymore, in other words nothing to offer IMO.

Marla Wynne shows are unbelievable. Does Melissa really love the "drama kimono"? It looks so weird with those thin side bits flapping around and puts about two stone on her. I must say the styles seem to suit Marla in the videos but then she's a particular shape and personality and obviously designed them for herself. But imo they do not translate to suit all women. And what is the point of showing them on young women who are not the target audience? Seeing as Marla says she made them for the older woman, they are never going to look convincing on a 20-30something of any size.
When I see Melissa Stenning Hardy I always think of Norman Collier doing his chicken impression, it's the combination of her hairstyle & those 'thin side bits flapping around' as you've so rightly described them 🐔Apologies to those far younger than me who haven't seen him, I loved his routines & thought he was very funny.

I bought 3 H by Halston dresses from clearance against my better judgement. They are lovely, and were a good price, even with QVC comedy p&p pricing. All are cotton or cotton viscose as the main fabric.

I had heard good things about this brand on here, but was nervous about what state the returns might be in. One did smell like it had been hung up in a chain smokers room, but washing it cured that, and no unsightly stains on any of them.

IW yesterday had a great viscose dress with pockets for £14.99 admittedly one size, but I've sent for one, to see whats its like. In the summer we don't necessarily want 'designer' brand names for throw on comfy clothing thats lightweight, and NOT the sweaty poly/elastene thats dressed up by any other name by QVC, especially in extremely high temperatures.

I was in town on Tuesday and for the first time in ages I called into Peacocks. I got a lovely midi dress in 100% viscose, with a gypsy neckline and tie belt around the waist and in orange and it was a fiver. They were giving stuff away on their sales rails.

Most of QVC fashion is dire. I have a few tops, bought from the outlet shop in Shrewsbury, where there is a sea of sweaty polyester! 2 Kim&Co tops £6.50 each (made in Canada) 3 Attitudes by Renee long shirts about £7.00 each (made in China) 1 Cudl duds t shirt about £6 ( made in China) 1 Yong Kim top about £7.00 ( made in USA) 1 Anthonny striped top about£6.50 (made in China) and a Marla Wynn tunic thing, not boxy, £11 (made in China, which quite surprised me as l thought Marla made them in her garage)
I think I paid what they were worth, certainly wouldn’t pay full price for any of their offerings. All cheaply made in bulk, a lot of polyester, and mostly made in China
Your last sentence sums up so much of what I detest & why I gave up on the Q, apart from its entertainment value, a long time ago.

I bought three tops from Ideal World yesterday delivered for £24? (the lot not each) I’ve had this style before, pockets, soft touch material, washes and dries well, then turned over to QVC were they had a similar style top but made of polyester for £48 for one, £7 or £48 I know what I’d rather pay. QVC are their own worst enemy.

I thought I had gone mad by paying £29.50 for jeans in M&S, usually go for the £19.50 or in the old days the £15 ones. Damn the Harper are actually the proper length on short arsed me. That is my limit price-wise now. Would I buy from QVC and their prices even legless drunk no?

I bought a few things in the M&S sale this year. 2 pairs of loose fit trousers £9.50 each a lovely long length floaty, scrappy dress £9.50 and a couple of loose fit T shirts £6.50 each. All are good quality. I will not be buying any of the rubbish they sell on QVC as it is overpriced tat.

I was in town on Tuesday and for the first time in ages I called into Peacocks. I got a lovely midi dress in 100% viscose, with a gypsy neckline and tie belt around the waist and in orange and it was a fiver. They were giving stuff away on their sales rails.

The only thing with viscose is that it creases quite easily in the wash..However, it's as cool as cotton to wear on a hot summer's day..so I know I'd sooner wear that and put in the effort to keep it looking smart than to jump into a "polyester oven" on a hot day.
I think QVC have this notion that we're all looking for something we can just throw on, or roll it up into a ball and bung it in a suitcase 'cause we cant be arsed to look after our clothes, especially on holiday. Ignoring the elephant in the room that you're gonna be sweating buckets within seconds and stinking like a Turkish wrestler's jockstrap! Perhaps they should forget the cold shoulder look and go for the cold armpit instead and maybe send out a complimentary can of top notch antiperspirant with every purchase

Latest posts

Back