Border Hem 3/4 Sleeve Tops by Nina Leonard TSV 26/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pack of 2 Print & Plain Border Hem 3/4 Sleeve Tops by Nina Leonard
Item Number: 155999
QVC Price £52.00
Today's Special Value Price £29.96
P&P £3.95

A set of two 3/4 sleeve jersey tops from Nina Leonard - one in a plain block colour, the other in a multi-coloured print - both with bateau necklines and a contrasting black border at the hemline. With their simple style and bold, unique colours and prints, these tops will give your wardrobe a colourful and versatile update in an instant.

Trans-seasonal style - perfect wardrobe staples, these tops give you a wealth of styling options. Perfect for creating a chic layered look worn under both block colour or printed pieces. Then with the patterned top you could also clash prints and team it with a wrap or skirt in a different pattern, for a truly unique and on-trend look.

Quality and styling - created in high-quality washable matte jersey fabric, these tops are easily laundered and great for packing in your suitcase to take on holiday.

Style in the mix - in chic Black, Chianti, Cobalt and Deep Eggplant, the block colour tops are refined and elegant perfect for formal and business events; while the corresponding printed tops include a mix of classic and contemporary options to offer a more fun and laid-back style.

95% polyester, 5% elastane
Machine washable at 30C

Garment measurements:

Chest: S: 88.9cm (35"), M: 93.9cm (37"), L: 99.1cm (39"), XL: 106.7cm (42"), 2XL: 119.4cm (47"), 3XL: 129.5cm (51")
Length: S: 69.9cm (27.5"), M: 71.1cm (28"), L: 72.4cm (28.5"), XL: 73.7cm (29"), 2XL: 76.2cm (30"), 3XL: 77.5cm (30.5")

Colour options:

Black - 1 x plain black top (with beige hemline trim); 1 x beige and black vintage lace printed top
Chianti - 1 x plain cerise top; 1 x multi-tonal geographic ikat printed top
Cobalt - 1 x plain blue top; 1 x multi-tonal peacock paisley printed top
Deep Eggplant - 1 x plain purple top; 1 x multi-tonal abstract mosaic dot printed top

Behind the brand
Created by Nina Feinberg and her husband Leonard, the Nina Leonard design house is now one of the industry’s leading clothing brands. They are dedicated to creating beautifully designed dresses, knitwear and separates in easy care, easy wear fabrics - perfect for women of all ages and sizes.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.155999

More sweaty polyester/elastene ! Its clear these 'designers' are running dry on ideas now, - even the prints are headache inducing !

Not a bad offer, £ 16.95 each including postage, I think the brown and blue will go fast :thinking: I am not buying but if I did, I would have gone for the brown :)

The egg plant print design is awful, makes me nauseous just looking at it.
In whose book is this 'one of the industry's leading fashion brand?' I bet it's only QVC viewers who have ever heard of it.

Well they were mentioning how long the brand had been coming to QVC ...... not a mention of Lenny .... how can they be so callous its as if he has been air brushed out and never existed !! You could understand it if he had just worked for the company but wasn`t he the founder?

Yes Lenny and his wife Nina set up the company.I think it's sad he is never referred to as the founder .I suppose gradually the people who remember Lenny will move on and new customers won't worry about it .Q just wants to sell sell sell...and as Ali K kept informing us,over a thousand new customers signed up yesterday alone !

Not keen on the tops .I would prefer one well made wearable top.I couldn't see myself wearing the patterns so it would be a
waste.

Mon Dieu! Je parle français parce que le familiar boat neckline has recently changed on QVC to a bateau neckline. Pretentious, QVC, N'est ce pas?

As for the brown pattern, it's a 1970s wallpaper design.

You can tell it was Lenny who was the brains behind the outfit (so to speak) because these clothes are absolutely hideous (in my opinion) so when they bought the Nina Leonard name, they obviously didn't buy the style or someone to carry on Lennys vision.

I have only recently started watching snippets of QVC fashion shows since the lovely people in this forum alerted me to some of the horrors. I like a bit of car crash television to give a touch of hilarity to my morning.

In the dvd, poor Alison Keenan, normally so elegant, looks like she has been kitted out from what didn't sell in the charity shop.

I enjoy the phrases which presenters and brand ambassadors come up with during fashion hours. Large American lady today said "Blue makes your skin shine". Excuse me while i go and put some powder on my nose.

Was that the shark-bite ones? I caught the Nina Leonard lady telling us exactly what was meant by shark-bite hem, which amused me, in view of just how many of them we've seen!! I only did a quick look, but it was nice to see that one of the 3 models looked as though she'd eaten a meal lately. Got to say I thought the tops looked better than some of the dreadful Q fashion I've seen when I've been channel flicking, and plain colours!!! Not just psychedelic 1960's prints!!

Not a bad offer, £ 16.95 each including postage, I think the brown and blue will go fast :thinking: I am not buying but if I did, I would have gone for the brown :)

You can tell it was Lenny who was the brains behind the outfit (so to speak) because these clothes are absolutely hideous (in my opinion) so when they bought the Nina Leonard name, they obviously didn't buy the style or someone to carry on Lennys vision.

I hadn't heard that the company had changed hands, the current guest Cate has been with NL for many years.

CONFUSED : these tops are listed as 3/4 sleeves, yet on the tsv prog the guest had long sleeves on the print version, and the plus size model also had long sleeves on her top. Although on Alison K it was 3/4 sleeves and they didn't appear to be pushed up. So woss going on ??

Shan't be buying but I'd like to know.

CONFUSED : these tops are listed as 3/4 sleeves, yet on the tsv prog the guest had long sleeves on the print version, and the plus size model also had long sleeves on her top. Although on Alison K it was 3/4 sleeves and they didn't appear to be pushed up. So woss going on ??

Shan't be buying but I'd like to know.

I may have cracked the mystery for you. I just had a quick look at the website (9 pm, all sizes still available, whoever would have thought it?) I looked at the dvd and all the slim models had three quarter sleeves, whereas Sophia had sleeves half way down her hands. I think this may be part of the manufacturer's curse which hits all of us who are built on larger lines. For some reason, as the hip size increases, so does the arm length of garments. By the time you get to XL the cuffs are on the floor, giving the tubby among us the look of primates dragging our knuckles on the ground.

I may have cracked the mystery for you. I just had a quick look at the website (9 pm, all sizes still available, whoever would have thought it?) I looked at the dvd and all the slim models had three quarter sleeves, whereas Sophia had sleeves half way down her hands. I think this may be part of the manufacturer's curse which hits all of us who are built on larger lines. For some reason, as the hip size increases, so does the arm length of garments. By the time you get to XL the cuffs are on the floor, giving the tubby among us the look of primates dragging our knuckles on the ground.

"Designers" also think the larger a woman gets, the taller they get. By their reckoning I should be 7ft 10.

Yes, you're right; but it made the whole presentation look stupid ! I don't know if I was the only one who noticed it, but they will be in for a load of returns if the xl and above are delivered a long sleeve garment.

I've consistently had trouble with sleeves (not just with QVC). I'm 5'7 with average length arms but small shoulders, so most sleeves comes way down to finger length, and then it costs me to have them altered. Rather pay that, than look as though I've stepped into my Dad's jacket.

Just watching DF on the 11pm showing of NL. She`s dressed as if she`s auditioning as Cpt Jack Sparrow`s sidekick and forgot to tuck her vest into her knickers !

Latest posts

Back