Bose Wave Music System III Super Bargain Price

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bose Wave Music System III with DAB/ AM / FM Tuner & CD Player
Item Number: 502027
QVC Price £599.00
Super Bargain Price £399.96
P&P £0.00

Wave Music System III with DAB/AM/FM tuner and CD player by Bose. Features a high-performance CD player, integrated tuner with improved radio reception and Waveguide speaker technology. Expect the best, life-like sound quality from this Wave Music System III CD player and DAB/AM/FM tuner from Bose.

Plays CD/CD-R/CD-RW and MP3-encoded CDs
Touch-top on/off snooze controls
Dual independent alarms
Measures (l x w x d): 10.6cm x 36.9cm x 21.9cm (4.2" x 14.5" x 8.6")
Weight: 3.9kg
DAB/FM antenna
Headphone jack

What's in the box?

Three pin electrical plug
Remote control
Instruction manual

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.502027

this is an old item & is an ex tsv but it was on easy pays the other day but was showing as sold out so i never posted it

mmmm yes if you want a bose at a good price i suppose it is. i have a much older model and it cost £300 more than this. they are ok soundwise maybe a tag overrated. however we did a party for my grandaughter in a hall a few months ago. and tbh it was fab soundwise. more so than in my home oddly

I've discovered why it's cheap.

The box contains a 3 pin plug, remote control, and instruction manual.

Unfortunately, it doesn't contain the radio.

I've discovered why it's cheap.

The box contains a 3 pin plug, remote control, and instruction manual.

Unfortunately, it doesn't contain the radio.

isn't the radio built in with this model stratobuddy

"What's in the box" is supposed to list everything you are getting, that's the point of it.

So according to QVC, you are just getting a plug, remote, and leaflet.

The radio/tuner is built in!!!

Strato was having a joke about the wording - it suggests there's ONLY a plug, remote and instructions... no mention of the product itself :giggle:

I can't see anything in the spec which is outdated, it seems the same as mine.

The older ones needed a separate box to get DAB.

BUT BEWARE, the clock does not set itself, unlike all my other DAB radios.

You have to set it yourself, which is a very tedious process, and the best I've managed so far is about a minute out from what it should be. And even then, it does not even keep good time, so has to be altered regularly. Absolute rubbishy outdated timekeeping.

And just a general comment on all of these radios, very poor colour choice.

The white is NOT white, it is like the old-fashioned PC colour.

The black is not black.

The silver is not silver, just greyish.

I was tempted once by an exclusive QVC maroon colour, but never seen this since.

CDid anyone buy it?

A bit puzzled as it is now available on waitlist, but they have others with Bluetooth speakers or headphones as bonuses. As they sell these separately anyway, they could easily split them up and sell the radios if they wanted to.

The radio plus speaker is £599 so you would be paying £200 extra for a speaker that you can get for £80!

The radio did seem to have a huge reduction of £200 so I wonder if there is a newer model due soon.

DID ANYONE BUY IT?

Bose Wave Radio at Super Bargain Price (AGAIN)

Item 502027 is at a SBP for the 2nd time, £200 off.

But more dishonest selling by QVC.

Firstly, the expert was the man who runs a Bose shop, where he sells it for £200 more. He was astounded and had to check the price was correct, and had NEVER known it sold at such a low price before.

In fact, he said exactly the same in a previous presentation a few weeks ago. I don't think it was a video of the previous presentation, but even if it was, it was still dishonest for Q to show it and pretend it had never been at that price before.

Then they said that the white had completely sold out, and the others were about to go. But they are all still available this morning.

It does seem a good buy if anyone wants one, they were certainly selling it at £200 more before. I suspect there may be an improved model coming soon, perhaps with Bluetooth.

It really annoys me that the clock doesn't set itself, and setting it manually is a pain, and only to about the nearest minute is the best I can do. And it doesn't even keep accurate time either! All my other DAB radios (7) set automatically and are always correct to the second.

I've just phoned Bose, it is even £80 off on their own website.

They confirmed that there will be a new improved model coming out in a few weeks time.

Possibly they will then sell their obsolete model with even more money off.

They didn't know what the improvements would be.

Thanks for the updates. Still wondering what to buy. Currently have an old FM/SW Roberts radio in the bathroom.
A cheap Bush digital radio in one bedroom and an old Sony ghetto blaster with an alarm and remote in main bedroom (I like the remote). In the kitchen a 30 year old JVC radio cassette player. I also use a Roberts Sportsman FM radio whilst walking in to town to do the shopping.
Various other radios on phones etc but the above are my mainstays whilst I am still working. Oh forgot started to use the Internet radio on an old Acer 7 tablet but it does buffer sometimes

They are still talking about switching off FM before 2020, in which case none of your radios would work any more.

So the advice to everyone is - do not buy a radio without DAB (and DAB+ in fact).

Am very tempted. Am wondering what extra things the newer model will have. Usually with most gadgets I use the basics and nothing more. So on that score is this a good buy stratobuddy?

Latest posts

Back