Bye-Bye xyz

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Snarly

Registered Shopper
Well, so far this year, a) Joanne left to have her baby. Is she returning? b) Simon left. c) Ellis is going/gone. d) Cuisinart has gone to Q. e) Lenovo goes to Q this week. f) LaDea goes to Q in October. Have I missed anyone? anything? x Snarly PS-their ResidentBeautyLady left too!

It looks as though the deal channel is their dying attempt to claw back some much needed custom, but it is to little to late?
They are clinging on by their finger nails, you can hear them as they screech slowly down the wall .
I feel sorry for all those back room staff who will lose their jobs when they finally go bust.

So what actual facts is that based on?

Brands come and go but if Ideal World were having financial problems launching new channels is too expensive - and even the fact that they have switched to widescreen filming now does not indicate poor financial performance - not the sort of thing to do if you are struggling.

And if you do look at facts you will see that the last time they posted their financial info for 2010/2011 they made a profit of £6.7 million before tax

So what actual facts is that based on?

Brands come and go but if Ideal World were having financial problems launching new channels is too expensive - and even the fact that they have switched to widescreen filming now does not indicate poor financial performance - not the sort of thing to do if you are struggling.

And if you do look at facts you will see that the last time they posted their financial info for 2010/2011 they made a profit of £6.7 million before tax

But it is not really a new channel they just changed the name from Ideal something to the Deal Channel, they where already broadcasting on that sky channel all they have done is add in some different prerecorded items.
I would think that a big percentage of their profit comes from Create and Craft as that seems to be far more popular then the main Ideal channels

IW are doing ok, that Deal Channel is a bit of a joke though, I saw them selling a refurbished lappy for £199, it looked like the first one I'd owned years ago. I thought that would be a more designer brand type channel, but goods? I wouldn't buy a new expensive item from them! They always seem to be undercut on price by Amazon etc on so many items! Create and Craft is doing very well indeed!

They've only got to say cheerio to Karcher and the Halogen oven, and that's the lot gone!

Well ( when that Simon guy left,I knew it was the end of IW as we know it.His intelligence and and wit made the channel and it's just not the same.I'm saddened.He just had that look of an id..I mean a man who had something to say ,and said it well.Heavy!!

Simon Isles in no way 'made the channel'.

Even I agree its become a boring channel to watch but we'll have to wait to see their next set of published accounts, but even in recent years they have been running with this limited product supply circulation and there figures were on the up, maybe they know what there doing more than we know?

Anyone know wot happend to the model julie wilkinson, she use to do the fly flot shows, aslo any more news on ellis?

Latest posts

Back