Camera Operators on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Having thought about it a bit more, I do understand that it is a lot of live TV to produce, but strato is right - there seems to be a weak link somewhere , as if the gallery isn't even listening to the show which makes for frustrating viewing. Just imagine if you were watching dancing on ice and the narrator said 'look at that fantastic double swirl crocodile flap with swooping twist-lifts (the ridiculous names they give these moves is a whole new website!) and the gallery never instructed the camera to pan to it - I don't think it would be tolerated by the general public if it happened a lot, and there would be complaints. I think that just because it is QVC there should still be that level of alertness for close-ups that are pointed out by the presenters.

You are quite right Hen, I do agree, but imagine having to listen to that garbage all day long! I know they must be very very well paid and there are no excuses, but it really must be excruciating.

I do see both sides of it now, whereas I didn't before. I don't think I would be able to stay 'on point' listening to every single word however much I was paid. Would it not be a better idea if the camera-person made the decisions where to pan to, based on the fact that they are on the studio floor and are very involved with what is going on? Or is that a stupid suggestion from someone who is clueless as to how it all works.

I do see both sides of it now, whereas I didn't before. I don't think I would be able to stay 'on point' listening to every single word however much I was paid. Would it not be a better idea if the camera-person made the decisions where to pan to, based on the fact that they are on the studio floor and are very involved with what is going on? Or is that a stupid suggestion from someone who is clueless as to how it all works.

It is the obvious solution and may well be the case, for all we know. usually camera operators will offer up a picture and the director decides if he is going to take it. good thinking!

Latest posts

Back