Can I start a ridiculous thread?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Sometimes (well actually very frequently) we hear the presenters and BA's come out with something remarkably stupid and ridiculous but it's often too random for a post of its own. I thought perhaps we could have a thread dedicated to these ridiculous comments. I'll start the ball rolling. They're trying to sell a pop up laundry hamper and the question that was posed to us was "where do you put your dirty laundry?" On the floor?, on the backs of doors? On chairs? In little piles everywhere around the house? " In the dirty laundry basket" I shouted - but they didn't hear me..they carried on saying how this floral bag would be such a brilliant solution to such a problem and because it's got a wide opening you can throw your laundry in from the other side of the room.... Have they really not heard of the humble wicker laundry basket and do they really think that we can't be bothered to open the lid and put our smalls in?! Then it got even more daft as they suggested it would make a good toy box/dressing up box - mmm possibly, you could put your dog's toys in it...er no, your wellie boots...er no, tennis and badminton racquets - random! put at the bottom of the stairs to put stuff in, put it in the boot of the car, put it on your head ( they didn't say the last bit). How about spending less money and buying yourself a decent wicker or wicker look basket with a lid and filling it with laundry! My laundry basket has handles too so I can move it from A to B and it holds a lot more than that silly thing!

Last edited:
Every time they suggest giving pricey toiletries as gifts for all and sundry, whether it's L'Occitane or Molton Brown or some other...
Yes I enjoy the dont take a bottle of wine or bunch of flowers to friends when you go for a meal ( when we could) why not take a £40 ish set of Mb etc and tell them they get a 30 day mbg while you are at it!

Yes I enjoy the dont take a bottle of wine or bunch of flowers to friends when you go for a meal ( when we could) why not take a £40 ish set of Mb etc and tell them they get a 30 day mbg while you are at it!
That drives me mad too...I don't know about you but I'd much rather be given a bottle of wine or a bunch of flowers than some item that you don't necessarily want and you've got to make room for. I'll never forget an evening at ours and my friend presenting me with a box containing a ghastly money box with "Sue's shoe fund" etched upon it - and how through gritted teeth I giggled and said that's briliant thanks...She said I was gonna bring you a bunch of flowers, but then I saw this! I don't think she heard me mutter " I wish you blimmin' had"! Firstly nobody calls me Sue, I'm Suz ,and I have absolutely no interest in shoes, or trashy ornaments..sorry. It was given pride of place on the a shelf in the living room and when she'd gone home, it got thrown under the bed and eventually I binned it!!! To be fair she did bring a bottle of wine as well.

The "If I were you, I'd buy more than one" usually a horrendously overpriced top that would set you back about £80 and of course if you want to spend £4.95 on p&p instead of £9.90 you'll have to make sure you buy the same size and colour!

The "If I were you, I'd buy more than one" usually a horrendously overpriced top that would set you back about £80 and of course if you want to spend £4.95 on p&p instead of £9.90 you'll have to make sure you buy the same size and colour!
And @#$% your actual financial obligations!
They are living in a world I don't recognise or want to recognise 🤬

The price is ridiculously low - on xyz website it’s £300 more which was probably one day in the Outer Hebrides.

We’re giving you £100 worth of extras - extra unbranded cover and some unknown app type thing you’ve never heard of and which you have to spend 50 quid on premium line calls to redeem.

I find the “this is really good, I could do with something like this”. Really love? then why didn’t you buy it the last three times you presented it over the past three months. 🤔

Chuntley is one of the worse for saying this, who often says “well this would really do my mum”. Really? again? you’ve seen it before but never bought it for your mum. 😜

All the hype surrounding Dyson hair products. Alison Young said something like ‘when hair salons begin to open again you’ll see the Dyson drier used more and more by professionals ‘ NO! Products sold for the domestic market are not suitable for salon use. It even states it on the information that comes with the Dyson ‘not for professional use ‘

All the hype surrounding Dyson hair products. Alison Young said something like ‘when hair salons begin to open again you’ll see the Dyson drier used more and more by professionals ‘ NO! Products sold for the domestic market are not suitable for salon use. It even states it on the information that comes with the Dyson ‘not for professional use ‘
I made a number of complaints about Abbie/Abi/Abbey & her ridiculous claims; one was her insistence that you could take your Dyson to your salon where they'd be delighted to use it, ensuring your hair looked better than it had ever done before. Daft woman should really know that hairdressers have public liability insurance & wouldn't consider using a client's dryer. Her regular spiel includes the fact that 'most' dryers get up to 240 degrees, they don't that is the temperature at gas mark 9.

One that was put out there by a few CHuntley being the one I do remember.

The terror of going to the high street, the having to park etc the latter it was cheaper to pay QVC postage to buy from them. Yes, the high street was a death trap waiting to happen. But then again perhaps she is a prophetess because now we are told not to go out?

When the high street does open again in 2023, I will be out there.

Slightly off topic but on the theme of ‘telling the truth’ Did I hear Chuntley say the other day she cut her own hair into that shorter bobbed style.Really?
Yes, really. Here’s her Instagram video to prove it.

Latest posts

Back