Can I start a ridiculous thread?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles, I totally agree with you on this. What on earth I thought to myself months ago, has Carol Vorderman done to her face, I personally think she looks awful. They are all so up themselves, let’s call a spade a spade here, over the years they have been paid way too much, not content with that, they are paid big money from these companies to advertise them.

I am one of these people who hate it when celebs do this. Sad to see Eamon Holmes has joined the bandwagon too, telling people about equity release which we all know people should never get involved with. This all relies on the gullible and those who may be ignorant about these subjects.

Celebs don’t have to pay for their holidays when they do travel shows, or Ruth and Eamon taking us on tours of the rich.

Enough, stop selling your wealthy souls with utter greed.
We've taken equity release from our property. We have no children and I am damned if certain relatives will benefit when we're gone. We have taken a third of what we could release and don't see a problem. I know quite a few who have taken as much as they could.

Got Q on in the background whilst i'm doing some much needed housework..and so far I've seen a very strange top/dress that actually does look like it should come with tent pegs, a shawl thing that looks as though someone has taken a pair of scissors to a picnic blanket and a flared denim jacket! Why the hell can't they just bring us normal clothes? Considering the Q customer demographic - I very much doubt any one is looking for experimental or weird looking stuff rather than well cut, well priced, well styled classics.* Despite how many ridiculous design features they add to their clothes, they always end up looking frumpy. The tent peg "dress"(well, I think it was a dress) looked like it had been knocked up by a college student (and a not very promising college student either)!

* Not it Q's remit, I know - always best to shop elsewhere and watch Q for a laugh!

Got Q on in the background whilst i'm doing some much needed housework..and so far I've seen a very strange top/dress that actually does look like it should come with tent pegs, a shawl thing that looks as though someone has taken a pair of scissors to a picnic blanket and a flared denim jacket! Why the hell can't they just bring us normal clothes? Considering the Q customer demographic - I very much doubt any one is looking for experimental or weird looking stuff rather than well cut, well priced, well styled classics.* Despite how many ridiculous design features they add to their clothes, they always end up looking frumpy. The tent peg "dress"(well, I think it was a dress) looked like it had been knocked up by a college student (and a not very promising college student either)!

* Not it Q's remit, I know - always best to shop elsewhere and watch Q for a laugh!
I had to have a look, & a good laugh. The shawl thing is actually a ruana, I know, I know, so looked it up:

'The word ruana comes from the 'Chibcha' meaning “Lord of Blankets”. They are usually square or rectangle-shaped with a head hole and a slit from that hole down the middle to the edge. They're very thick, soft, sleeveless and are usually knee-length. ... Shawl: Shawls are usually long and rectangular; almost like a scarf'.

So the Q is now selling Lord of Blankets... If I was still a Q customer & didn't have qualms about buying polyester tat made in China I'd be tempted by the Frank Usher monochrome top. I do like lagenlook floaty dresses even though they need to be worn on a body & I'm a bit of a stick bean, so it's off to eBay to see what I can find that's cotton & NOT from PRC.

Ive come to the conclusion that I’m living in a parallel universe because every single time I look at any clothes on Q my first thoughts are “how much?.?!!” and that’s before I see how dreadful the offerings are.

Hopefully I’m not turning into an old dear who thinks you should be able to get a full outfit for a fiver and still have the bus fare home!

Ive come to the conclusion that I’m living in a parallel universe because every single time I look at any clothes on Q my first thoughts are “how much?.?!!” and that’s before I see how dreadful the offerings are.

Hopefully I’m not turning into an old dear who thinks you should be able to get a full outfit for a fiver and still have the bus fare home!
You and me both...and don't worry about the bottom bit, but you can most certainly get a few nice bits in town for under £50, have a coffee and a cake and still have enough to get yourself home..pre covid obvs!

Latest posts

Back