Can we give everyone a break?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just to reiterate ... I have never suggested that we should all be 100 percent positive all the time ( Lord knows I'm not!) or that anybody should agree with me, or anyone else for that matter. I'm also pretty certain that I know what a forum is and what it's for! It's not about agreeing or disagreeing, but about discussing. I'm all for people being able to complain about bad service where they experience it, or bad experiences too, or a bad product etc.What I don't think is fair (or what a forum is for) is some of the very personal criticism that presenters, models and guests (as well as other shoppers) receive. Fine, if someone thinks they do the job badly, but when their hair is not how we like it, or they aren't an ideal weight, or a glamourous creature or whatever we think they 'should' be, I personally think that's irrelevant. The intent of my original post seems to have got lost. It wasn't meant to be argumentative, or to promote strong disagreements. I posted a new thread so that it wouldn't be taken that way. It was meant to be a positive suggestion. I do entirely respect this forum and its members and their right to voice their opinions. But, just because we all have the right to say what we like about who we choose to comment upon, it doesn't mean that we have to. Anyway, people will pick for themselves what they are happy sayin and the way they are happy saying it.

I like to think I judge people on the checks and balances of their goodness - are they generally a good person? I think that's all that matters really.

There's the flaw - none of us is perfect so who are we to judge on this basis? We're all a mixture of "good" and "bad". Same applies to QVC presenters and guests who after all, have chosen to be paid to put themselves in the public eye. Therefore their looks, mannerisms, sales techniques etc are open for discussion and criticism. If they hadn't been aware of this, they shouldn't be doing the job. If anyone doesn't like reading critical posts, don't join internet forums. It's what happens. The good, the bad and the ugly all mixed in together. At any time of year.

I'm as critical as the next one and make no apologies for that. Keep the criticism coming, guys. Life would be one helluva bore without opposing views - even good ones.

I agree with you Nicky-J but the problem these days is that people [not necessarilly on this forum] hide behind 'freedom of speech' to justify nasty and rude comments - that is what a lot of the Internet is. With any forum you are going to get varying degrees of this and I understand that your point is aimed at the more 'extreme' views. As you say, it doesn't mean you can't disagree with anyone else but the manner in which you do it does matter.

I work in a public facing office and know full well that the intelligent will understand what you have said whilst those with fewer bulbs shining on their tree will see it as an attack or stoopid.

Never argue with an idiot - they only drag you down to their level and beat you at it.

Some of the original forum members were quite vicious whilst others were extremely witty so when they all left it was a case of throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Kind of have to take the good and the bad otherwise it would all become too happy clappy IMO.

While I agree there are some harsh comments at times ,"extreme views" are a bit different. One persons extreme view may not be another persons and if they are really extreme they would be dealt with by the moderators of this site wouldn't they?

Like a TV remote, you also have the choice NOT to read posts. Quite frankly, i get fed up with the 'right on' brigade who wish to pretend that everything is nice and nothings wrong and no-one is annoying and moreover, let's act like facists and oppress anything negative whilst completely missing the irony of our actions and bask in the warm glow of our own self satisfaction.

All I ask is that they do their jobs properly which is what they are paid for. And that Is directed as much to the behind the scenes bods since the pre show preparation is woeful and causes at least 50% of my irritation.

If I went into a shop and was treated the way Q treat us I would complain as well.

There are views on here I don't agree with, lots I do and some are about shows I don't watch so they mean nothing to me but there are far too many people with the same views about poor service/presenters to make it one particular posters personal problem.

As for presenters reading this forum - if they did they would do something to address the things that annoy the hell out of us, eg reading out the sizes and getting the bleeding colours right instead of this "and what are we calling this"

But again we are all entitled to our own views and you must admit that some are very funny.

I couldn`t agree more and said as much the other day If a sales assistant told me to go and look for my size when I was asking for help not being able to find it I`d be annoyed, its only the same as the presenters telling us to phone the `award winning call centre` for them to tell us about the sizing!! They should know basic selling points like that ...so that sort of criticism for me is valid ...neither would I feel comfortable with a male assistant modeling a scarf I was interested in buying and in the process keep looking at himself in the mirror !!
Craig thought it was ok to do that in a Kipling show !!
Personal comments on looks isn`t acceptable but I do expect them to be well dressed and groomed!!

What has Mr Farage and Politics got to do with this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on Juls, stop the blatant self-promotion on a QVC forum. Why not join as a VIP and post it in the Drop; there's a "Whatever you want" or an "All about us" section where you'd be welcome to post links to your articles.

Yes, I have noticed every time this poster posts on threads, he turns it into all about him him him. Then posts links to his ramblings(never had the urge to click the link), elsewhere.

Well I've obviously missed it

Me too Lynn!

See what happens when you take your eye of the ball for 1 second!

By the way just in case everyone gets caught up in the frenzy of Christmas shopping for that last brussel sprout and doesnt log in - A Happy Christmas one and all and peaceful New Year.

Keeeeep Shooopping!

Me too Lynn!

See what happens when you take your eye of the ball for 1 second!

By the way just in case everyone gets caught up in the frenzy of Christmas shopping for that last brussel sprout and doesnt log in - A Happy Christmas one and all and peaceful New Year.

Keeeeep Shooopping!

Same to you :mysmilie_12::mysmilie_12::mysmilie_12:

Dear All
I'm writing this in response to what seems to be an ever-increasing number of threads complaining about presenters etc. Some of you will think it out of turn. That's okay. Feel free to skip.
Are we really still getting hung up on someone's voice, manner, hair, conversation topics and so on? It's a time of year for forgiveness and celebration. How about we look on the positive side for a bit? Maybe it's time to accept that none of us is going to love every presenter, guest or model (do you love everyone you work with, or live near?) and that we all, no doubt, have lots of 'real' things to worry about. Financial concerns, health worries, family problems, just bad luck. Perhaps we could even cut each other, and the faces we recognise at QVC, a bit of slack?
I like to think I judge people on the checks and balances of their goodness - are they generally a good person? I think that's all that matters really. But that doesn't mean I don't have QVC presenters who are not favourites and who I'd rather not watch, there are certainly people on mainstream tv I feel that way about. But, rather than get wound up and irritated about them and complain and wish that everyone would see the same thing and save me from this person, I'm happy enough to accept that this is down to my tastes and my preferences etc and not the fault of the person concerned (nor anyone that employs them). And to rejoice in two things - my life could be a lot worse than it is and that I have possession of that lovely tv remote control (with a mute button, a record and fast-forward option and an off button). If only we had something like that for things we really should be complaining about!
Regards
Nicky-j

:puke: Meanwhile, back in the real world . . . .

No matter how much you might try to be be "nice" you turn over in the break from Strictly to find its Marv FOR 2 BLESSED HOURS and realise it is never going to happen.

How did that woman get a job on a shopping channel. BTY she has said umpteen times it is guaranteed DELIVERY (not despatch) so take note anyone who doesn't get their delivery in time.

A few glasses and Strictly beckons - Frankie to win (or Caroline if not)

Marv or strictly......hmmm no contest.

With Chloe and Jackie sick,and some on Christmas leave looks like we'll be seeing much more of certain presenters .

No matter how much you might try to be be "nice" you turn over in the break from Strictly to find its Marv FOR 2 BLESSED HOURS and realise it is never going to happen.

How did that woman get a job on a shopping channel. BTY she has said umpteen times it is guaranteed DELIVERY (not despatch) so take note anyone who doesn't get their delivery in time.

A few glasses and Strictly beckons - Frankie to win (or Caroline if not)

Ill take Marv over Dodgy Flint anyday, Cant believe Q is the 3rd Most trusted Brand after the BCC cover up!!!

Latest posts

Back