Cancelling advanced orders

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I have been very critical of items that are on AO from the outset.

QVC delivery times were bad enough without waiting a month for the item to even arrive into stock, before the "3 to 5 working days" even begins.

On the other hand, I believe some forumites like AO's because they can order items, think about them in the cool light of day, then cancel them if they want to.

I've just cancelled 2 AOs myself. One was over a week late after the promised AO date, by which time it would have been too late for xmas, and I was having second thoughts about it anyway, so saved £30.

The other was a TSV, yet even that was on AO from the outset, with a month before coming into stock, after xmas! This was less frivolous than the item above, and would be used permanently, but I've spent weeks working out how I can make it thief-proof from my front garden. So I've cancelled it, so over £40 saved.

What do others think of the pros and cons of AO from the outset?

What have you cancelled?

PS QVC can't even spell cancelled correctly.

Last edited:
I’ve cancelled two AOs.

I cancelled the Ahuhu caffeine TSV because I decided it would probably be as ineffective as PK and the Tweak’d brands are for my hair. I also cancelled the Bell & Howell lights, that I think you ordered, because I got bored waiting for them as they kept changing the delivery date.

I have only done AO once for a white gold ring, took six months to come back into stock. Now QVC did send me letters(that tells you how long ago it was), asking if I wished to continue to wait which I did. Finally, got the ring and a month later a stone fell out and they refunded as the ring would not be coming back again.

Also remember they said live online that AO might come in sooner than advertised and quite a few got caught out and did not have the money in the bank to cover it. I actually remember a woman on Facebook complaining her item came in much earlier and now QVC had left her bank account short.

I cancelled my advanced order for anna griffin because I got bored of waiting, others must of done the same as 14 days after it came in stock it moved to clearance and I re ordered with the 25% discount..

I’ve cancelled two AOs.

I cancelled the Ahuhu caffeine TSV because I decided it would probably be as ineffective as PK and the Tweak’d brands are for my hair. I also cancelled the Bell & Howell lights, that I think you ordered, because I got bored waiting for them as they kept changing the delivery date.
A relative of mine recieved 4 it's delayed letters for hotel chocolat chocolates originally advertised for Oct 4th. Didn't arrive til late November. They also apologised in the letter saying they had charged her on October 4th.

Only ever had one on Advance order and it was only when I received an email I knew it had been put on advance order. This was probably over 10 years ago and I never got it as it ended up being cancelled anyway.

Recently several TSVs haven’t sold out and they’re reappearing on shows eg Elemis and L’occitane. Maybe people are waking up to the fact that there are other cheaper and more efficient online companies out there and have been giving QVC a wider berth than usual. I certainly have.

They’ve also had so many AO items recently it’s getting ridiculous.

I've done lots of AO to give me that thinking time. My experience is wide and varied.

My worst experience was I cancelled one but they charged me and didn't even send me the item. I then had to claim the P&P separately. Have you tried explaining to a brick wall that I want the postage back for an item that I cancelled you charged me for and didn't send. If you didn't send then why charge me postage.... Typical QVC.

I ordered something from SBC on advanced order two of them because it was my version of auto delivery. They sent all three together, again the brick wall Q person. I phoned back the next day and had a lovely person who refunded one parcel but told me to keep it the irem. It wasn't expensive, less than £30 Inc P&P but I did appreciate her work.

I think Q have made advanced order their standard just recently and I'd not trust them currently. I'd want life to return to done sort of new normal before ordering AO.

I cancelled a cozee home bedding set which I had on AO a couple of weeks ago. It was supposed to be dispached at the end of November but was running late. After people on here said it is made in China, I just didn't feel comfortable about it. We have a struggling quality textile industry here in the UK and I prefer to support that. I used to love buying Ulster Weavers teatowels ut now those are often made abroad, such a shame, I always check the labels!

There are now issues with more of the Original Cake company AOs. Apart from the ones that were delivered with the packets full of condensation, someone else on FB (I look as a guest) has received the wrong ones. Despite her invoice saying otherwise, the CS person said she’d received what she ordered and so will have to pay to send it back.

This aside, I would be very wary of buying food from QVC on AO because it either doesn’t turn up or the order is wrong and it’s too near Christmas to get it sorted out.

I wonder what's in it for Q?

Obviously, they don't have to store stock, which may not get sold.

On the other hand, and judging from the above comments, they may lose sales just because people can cancel.
My theory (from my banking career) is that AO make their “books” look better.

A company with thousands of future orders to be fulfilled by certain dates and thousands of pounds in future payment receipts looks more healthy than one where the bulk of orders and payment receipts have peaked before Christmas and will drop off the cliff this week.

Latest posts

Back