Catherine Huntley if she wins Lottery she will stay at QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She has come out with that Statement during her Jewellery Sale hour.

She said she was chatting to Ann Dawson about it the other day. Catherine then said she would still buy Diamonque.

I'm sure there are lots of people who enjoy their jobs and would keep working if they won the lottery. Not sure I would buy Diamonique if I was filthy rich though.

Catherine Huntley if she wins Lottery she will stay at QVC

I just bet she would...maybe just a little white lie. :giggle:

I don't have any children, so if I won the lottery, I know I would still work. If nothing else, it's a reason to get up in the morning.
Would I stay at the job I'm currently at? No probably not. Much as I love it, I'd probably go for something slightly less stressful, but I'd definitely stay employed.
I know when people win the lottery and they say they are going to continue working, you generally get the obligatory 'Oh that's selfish, let someone have your job who needs it' comment.
While I do agree with that up to a point, I know that personally, I'd go mad without working.

If you won for example £1m a big chunk of this could be eaten up buying a property and depending on your age it might not be possible to give up work. I imagine that your spending would go up if you didn't work as your leisure time would increase, so your current level of income might not be enough. Working at QVC appears quite flexible, certain presenters seem to be on screen lots then off for a while so you could fit in holidays. Of course if you're talking about winning tens of millions that's different, but even then there are plenty of worthwhile things to do on a voluntary basis.

We all believe her (!) - thousands wouldn't! I bet she wouldn't want paid, either. As for buying diamonique, I can understand that. It is not a range I am into in a big way, but people buy paste for various reasons, it could simply be the design of the ring isn't available in genuine gemstones. Or perhaps, with all the foreign holidays being a millionaire affords them, they don't want to risk taking their jewellery abroad - a huge selling point for diamonique, constantly made by the presenters.

(mum writes)

Whatever would QVC do if their little drone won millions and left? She extolls their virtues at any given moment. And I'd still buy Diamonique, or some other form of CZ. When I was younger I was better off than I am now and had a few rather pricey pieces of bling. However, when it came to having to sell them, I quickly learned that there is no value in jewellery and only recovered a small fraction of what was paid out. There's no point investing in it so might as well be paste! :) I'd not be conned into buying the real deal anymore. No one can really tell in normal use.

I would still shop like I shop when it comes to most things - until we are talking vehicles!! And that includes toilet roll from Home Bargains, he he! I would definitely still want to work, and would love to have my own animal rescue centre. Like Mr Maple said, you'd still need a reason to get up in the morning. Apart from one or two special handbags, I would most definitely not go down the designer route, as you can (mostly) get just as good elsewhere, therefore it's paying for the name and a complete waste of money - regardless of how much you have. A millionaire aunt and uncle were notorious for being tight. My mum used to say "no wonder they're so rich"!! Good on them I say!

So why buy a lottery ticket?

I do the lottery in the hope that if I have a big win I can help my children buy a house as they are finding it impossible to get on the property ladder. I wouldn't have to look for cheap and cheerful all the time but to buy what ever I fancy when ever I like. I would give money to charity, go on endless ho9lidays and enjoy life. However if I had a job that I really loved I wouldn't stop working, maybe just cut down my hours.

I have an aversion to spending money - I am quite often referred to as mean - and this would not change if I won the lottery. As I don't buy a ticket, this is quite unlikely. I would buy a larger house in the country for myself and my boxers, and buy mum another place. Of course, I would ascertain that various animal welfare charities benefited continually.

I'd still work too if I won the lotto, there's only so many places in the world you can visit and so many things you can buy etc... life would get boring i think... i would still buy diamonique too as i do own some very expensive pieces of jewellery but am often to concerned to wear them out and about on a daily basis... diamonique gives me that safe feeling..

as for Catherine I'm sure she'd stay on for the Q discount the presenters get, she seems to order quite a lot (especially Lulu Guinness)

My notice will be emailed in from some exotic place! Whilst I may feel the need to do something with my day it will certainly NOT be in my present job.

Latest posts

Back