She is everywhere !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
Anyone else sick of seeing Ruth Langsford on the small screen 🥴?
She has 2 hrs shows on QVC , and if that is not enough she comes on style channel to show other designers' clothes.
She is on Loose Women and adverts among other things🙄
I haven't bought any of her merchandise .

Why?
Her prices are very high .
The jumpers and some tops she sells are long, she says they cover the bottoms, but in fact they seem to stretch across the widest part of the bum accentuating larger bums, or they go cupping under the bum making the bum and the belly look unattractively bulgy.
They do that on the models , so I dread to think on the average shaped customer.

She keeps saying " I designed " " so I thought I will"
I saw Julia wearing Ruth's aviator jacket ( she thought she looked good in it, so she swirled around ) and I haven't seen Julia look so out of shape.

She has 2 hrs shows on QVC , and if that is not enough she comes on style channel to show other designers' clothes.

Why?
The jumpers and some tops she sells are long, she says they cover the bottoms, but in fact they seem to stretch across the widest part of the bum accentuating larger bums, or they go cupping under the bum making the bum and the belly look unattractively bulgy.
They do that on the models , so I dread to think on the average shaped customer.

I saw Julia wearing Ruth's aviator jacket ( she thought she looked good in it, so she swirled around ) and I haven't seen Julia look so out of shape.
Yes, me!! I simply can't watch the woman. End of!

Generally I quite like Ruth Langsford. She is far more professional than a lot of Q presenters. Indeed I think she is better than a lot of presenters on other channels (including the ghastly Loose Women).

I think she is suffering from overexposure... that seems to happen when some genius thinks there is no such thing as too much of a good thing. As every overexposed personality can attest, there most definitely is too much of a good thing. It's hard to pinpoint what the tipping point is, but when the person gets wide coverage on multiple channels it seems to happen sooner.

On QVC, Ruth's clothing picks from other brands are usually the more appealing items, and she does at least offer some tailoring, and items which you can mix into a wardobe that's not choc-a-block with eyewatering polyester prints.

Q would be better to dial back to a weekly show on each of the main and style channels... unless there is a TSV, of course.

Why?

She is competing with abby cleaves ( how ever it is spelt) why is she given so very much air time?

Attachments

• EH.PNG
    EH.PNG
    687.6 KB · Views: 93
Generally I quite like Ruth Langsford. She is far more professional than a lot of Q presenters. Indeed I think she is better than a lot of presenters on other channels (including the ghastly Loose Women).

I think she is suffering from overexposure... that seems to happen when some genius thinks there is no such thing as too much of a good thing. As every overexposed personality can attest, there most definitely is too much of a good thing. It's hard to pinpoint what the tipping point is, but when the person gets wide coverage on multiple channels it seems to happen sooner.

On QVC, Ruth's clothing picks from other brands are usually the more appealing items, and she does at least offer some tailoring, and items which you can mix into a wardobe that's not choc-a-block with eyewatering polyester prints.

Q would be better to dial back to a weekly show on each of the main and style channels... unless there is a TSV, of course.
I agree and I actually enjoy watching her fashion shows with Jackie. I do wince at her over pronunciation of words and the "my this" and the "my that". I think her clothes are hideously overpriced for what they are. I think they are generally wearable in comparison to Marla Wynne's sheets and horse blankets, her attempts to be "edgy" are a bit embarrassing but I'd rather watch her than the cackling Amanda Holden for example!

I agree with you on the over exposure and she being better than some other presenters :)
She does pick other designers' ideas and what I dislike is Ruth saying how she made it making it sound as though the design is all hers.
Her prices makes my jaw drop😲
She is not the only TV person ( I don't want to call them personalities) who try and milk out money from vulnerable online shoppers. Some online shoppers think that these people are their friends and forget that they are actually glorified sales people out to make money for themselves.
I , so agree with your last sentence too, well said 👍👏

I think she's spreading herself thinly because they have a large tax bill to pay and Eammons been off work for months (he's now back), so there's probably been a huge drop in joint finances to make up for. Her range - or rather QVCs, is far too dated for me.

I agree and I actually enjoy watching her fashion shows with Jackie. I do wince at her over pronunciation of words and the "my this" and the "my that". I think her clothes are hideously overpriced for what they are. I think they are generally wearable in comparison to Marla Wynne's sheets and horse blankets, her attempts to be "edgy" are a bit embarrassing but I'd rather watch her than the cackling Amanda Holden for example! (y) 👏
Also " the chain hanger" and "my branding" " I thought I will put this lining "

Also " the chain hanger" and "my branding" " I thought I will put this lining "
I've got no problem with a chain hanger just so long as it doesn't irritate the back of my neck, but her "branding" is atrocious! I love the way she keeps saying that it's subtle. I can't see what's subtle about a metal plate decorated with the most unattractive scrawled font. She harks on about her "designs" and the attention to detail yet she can't even come up with a decent looking logo. I'd have thought that would be day 1, lesson 1 stuff - perhaps she handed the task to a group of primary school children - It sure looks like it!

I don’t mind RL as a TV presenter although I don’t watch her very much if I am thinking of slots such as Loose Women.Her clothes on QVC in the main are very ordinary you could pick the likes up anywhere for a fraction of the prices they charge on QVC.I am not a fan of the Biker jacket look especially worn with skinny jeans and high heels.She talks with great authority about ‘her’ designs, nothing of the sort.It is an insult to those of us who have grafted in the clothing industry for years and know what is required, Ruth hasn’t a fraction of that experience.However the same applies to any of these ‘celebrities’ who just attach their names to products on QVC to hike the prices up.

Why?

I don't mind her.

Why?

I only dip in occasionally . I saw the aviator jacket which looked ridiculous on all of them . Ruth Jackie and the model.. it looked shiny and fake , not a good look.
I was wondering who would wear it when you think Ruth’s customers are probably older.

The price of her clothes is absolutely ridiculous and getting worse, I saw her on Saturday trying to flog some ghastly jacket that she said she has "Designed" for the QVC 30th Anniversary, it was a plain black jacket and with a few pearls- not real, stuck on one lapel it was truly awful and she had the absolute nerve to charge £105.00 for it plus 4 quid postage is £109.00. I can just imagine her and her "Design Team" sitting down and thinking lets stick few fake pearls on this black jacket and say it a special design and we can charge the earth!!

The price of her clothes is absolutely ridiculous and getting worse, I saw her on Saturday trying to flog some ghastly jacket that she said she has "Designed" for the QVC 30th Anniversary, it was a plain black jacket and with a few pearls- not real, stuck on one lapel it was truly awful and she had the absolute nerve to charge £105.00 for it plus 4 quid postage is £109.00. I can just imagine her and her "Design Team" sitting down and thinking lets stick few fake pearls on this black jacket and say it a special design and we can charge the earth!!
Agree Mitteny. Stupid prices. She's flogging poly blouses for £46 plus postage! I have half a dozen po!y shirts, lovely patterns, nice buttons, covers bum from Marks and Spencer. Wash, never iron. Had some for a few years . Oh, all around £25, and no p and p charged. Free returns too.

The jacket needed pressing. It was wrinkled when the model showed it. With all the preparation she says she does for her shows shouldn't she inspect the clothes for creases before they are presented?

The jacket needed pressing. It was wrinkled when the model showed it. With all the preparation she says she does for her shows shouldn't she inspect the clothes for creases before they are presented?
Not just on Ruth’s shows. The team that do the prep don’t pick up on loose threads, puckered seams, stains… so of course they’re not getting an iron out. I remember a few years back when they were doing behind the scenes shows for content on the blog there was all this sending the product down from Knowsley, prepping for each show, blah, blah, blah… maybe they can kid themselves, but attention to detail does not seem to be a strong suit in my opinion.

I'm watching now 'cause oh's out and Julia and Katy are showcasing some items they've "designed" for the anniversary and they said perhaps there'll be more to come from us, they said it jokingly but pleeeease no! Joking aside I actually really like Julia's dress it looks absolutely lovely on her. Katy's blazer however, well it's a no from me. Weird split sleeves that can be flapped back and a collar you can pop to reveal a garish floral lining - Julia's won that battle hands down!

Latest posts

Back