Has She Not Got A Home To Go To?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well after 10 years her and Eamonn are no longer writing their column in Best (?) women's magazine, - whether they've been given the boot I don't know. Although Ruthless talent business is raking in 10 mill, so perhaps the amount they get is peanuts for the couple of paragraphs each that they write !

She’s got to ride the gravy train while it’s hot,especially with the QVC club.
Those crayons 🖍 must be going through the night,especially with all the new range’s from China.
Remember ladies orange is the new black,and denim from ruthless makes her very 🤑 rich.
It certainly is..just noticed that she's brought out her expensive handbag out in orange and in cream. For some strange reason the burgundy option has been reduced down from £153 to £107 (Still about £30 too much imo) but the black and the new colours are now £155 so they've gone up by £2. Boy is her stuff overpriced?!

Ruth and Jackie are like Morecambe and Wise, easy osey watching and a bit of a laugh. I haven't seen Ruth on with Julia but I can imagine a bit of a car crash.

To be honest I like watching the Ruth and Jackie show and it must be obvious because Mr CC programmes it so it comes on when I forget. I think he actually likes watching as well (just so he can do the man bitchy comments)..

To be fair, if I could make money just swishing a few tacky outfits about and having a laugh, I'd do it without thinking.

CC
Absolutely agree on all counts. I find the Ruth & Jackie shows relaxing, chit chat at low volume.

It certainly is..just noticed that she's brought out her expensive handbag out in orange and in cream. For some strange reason the burgundy option has been reduced down from £153 to £107 (Still about £30 too much imo) but the black and the new colours are now £155 so they've gone up by £2. Boy is her stuff overpriced?!

QVC are trying to 'market' her and the fashion as 'high end'. Some hopes.

The trouble is, in the golden age of celebrities like Liz Taylor - perfume, Mary Quant - fashion, Barbara Hulanicki (Biba) pop fashion, etc who all had something to sell, they were known worldwide. What are we reduced and lumbered with these days, er Holly Willoughby, Amanda Holden, Ruthless, Davina etc. hardly in the same league are they ? A bit Primark compared to Harrods.

Its the same when the media refer to "A" listers who attended the Beckham wedding, um..... Gordon Ramsay 😂 , Mel B, Tom Brady (?). and other events where those appearing are unknown outside of their own street. I can't stop laughing. The days of real A list glamour are gone - in this country anyway.

I saw her saw with Jackie on Thursday and now, let's brace ourselves, she is now selling swimsuits. I have also noted how she has commented on having 'low body confidence' to wear bikinis so, isn't offering them... hmmmm I can see those coming out at a later date, saying how she loves wearing them on holiday with Eahmon etc - they are all the same. Play the vulnerable card, know what is like t be a commoner etc etc, and make the sale.

Overall, agree with other on here, sometimes I don't mind having Ruth and Jackie on in the background, as they do have a laugh, but it's no surprise that others, especially Julia rarely present with Ruth, as there would be a massive clash of egos. Ruth very much is the alpha with Jackie but that works well.

In terms of Ruth, I think she is vastly overrated in being a presenter and designer etc, and sadly, QVC are really pushing Ruth as the main attraction - I can see this back firing, as Ruth isn't as popular as she was - that's why she is jumping onto QVC to pay her overinflated salary, and some of us are silly enough to pay for her and Eahmon's lavish lifestyle as much as QVC are. I can't imagine the old guard like Julia, Ali and Jilly are over impressed too.

QVC are trying to 'market' her and the fashion as 'high end'. Some hopes.

The trouble is, in the golden age of celebrities like Liz Taylor - perfume, Mary Quant - fashion, Barbara Hulanicki (Biba) pop fashion, etc who all had something to sell, they were known worldwide. What are we reduced and lumbered with these days, er Holly Willoughby, Amanda Holden, Ruthless, Davina etc. hardly in the same league are they ? A bit Primark compared to Harrods.

Its the same when the media refer to "A" listers who attended the Beckham wedding, um..... Gordon Ramsay 😂 , Mel B, Tom Brady (?). and other events where those appearing are unknown outside of their own street. I can't stop laughing. The days of real A list glamour are gone - in this country anyway.
Well all of those are internationally known so I expect that's why they're regarded as A listers

As previously stated she has to make her money now,and good luck to her as people seem daft enough to buy her fashion items.
The failing of Q is the older presenters having been there a long time,and think they are bigger than the products or the celebrities who front up their own brands.
So obviously ruthless will put out certain people on screen,and it shows lol which is hilarious🤣 to watch.

When I was 17, a long time ago I got some birthday money and I got my first wage (£4.12/-) I wanted a Biba dress, but they were so expensive and i didn't have enough money. My grandad paid the extra and I got the most wonderful dress, it was all colourful, pinks, blues, reds, yellows, with a swirly pattern. It had a zip down the front and the zipper was a huge silver coloured circle. I thought I was the bees knees at the Saturday night dance in the Fisherman's Hall.

Thinking back it was garish and very in your face, but back then I was over the moon. My parents thought it was dreadful. And it was something our small fishing community had never seen before and there was never any spare money to ever get another one. My mum let me off paying board with my first wage, but then I had to pay £1 a week. I thought she was overcharging me loads. 🤣

Tom Brady - I had to look up, is an American football quarterback - so clearly better known in America. And if its Tom Bradby then he's an ITV newsman, who I had never heard of either.
I like Tom Bradby like watching him on News at Ten. Hear he is a friend of Prince Harry.

one of the aspects of QVC in recent months, past two years also, is the great lack of those designers we were told in the USA are famous, who no longer appear on Q, or in some cases no longer sell on Q. The same with other areas we don’t see anymore. We don’t see Peony faux flowers which I never rated, but I do rate highly the Bloom range who have a terrific website too.

When I was 17, a long time ago I got some birthday money and I got my first wage (£4.12/-) I wanted a Biba dress, but they were so expensive and i didn't have enough money. My grandad paid the extra and I got the most wonderful dress, it was all colourful, pinks, blues, reds, yellows, with a swirly pattern. It had a zip down the front and the zipper was a huge silver coloured circle. I thought I was the bees knees at the Saturday night dance in the Fisherman's Hall.

Thinking back it was garish and very in your face, but back then I was over the moon. My parents thought it was dreadful. And it was something our small fishing community had never seen before and there was never any spare money to ever get another one. My mum let me off paying board with my first wage, but then I had to pay £1 a week. I thought she was overcharging me loads. 🤣

Reading that, it could have been me !!

I started on a fiver a week and had to give my Mum £2.50, 50p for bus fares which left me £2 for whatever else. I saved up for a pair of black patent sling backs with a set-back heel for 49/11d from Freeman H & Willis, but then Rimmel lipsticks were 1/6d and a pair of Bengal Bronze or American Tan tights were around 1/11d. I lusted after a mini black dress with a white waterfall neckline and matching cuffs, it was a week's wages, but I had a birthday coming up so Mum and Dad bought it for me. Oh, those weekend dance nights at Dreamland in Margate. It was life on another planet back then.

I know there are some families in completely dire straights now with cost of living etc, but none of us in those times had much money either ! Never had a family holiday - except a couple of weeks at Granny's in Yorkshire - which meant an all day train journey, although living at the seaside meant lots of days on the beach. We didn't have a car, fridge, or telephone - we had to use the box at the end of the road. There were no credit cards, Mum's didn't generally work, and only had presents at Christmas and birthdays. We certainly never went out for a meal - few restaurants around anyway, and help from the Government was almost non-existent !!! BUT me and my brothers never felt deprived, Mum cooked every day, we had new clothes once a year at Whitsun (generally with the help of Provident Checks), and had an ok upbringing. The thing was, we were all in the same boat !

Last edited:
I saw her saw with Jackie on Thursday and now, let's brace ourselves, she is now selling swimsuits. I have also noted how she has commented on having 'low body confidence' to wear bikinis so, isn't offering them... hmmmm I can see those coming out at a later date, saying how she loves wearing them on holiday with Eahmon etc - they are all the same. Play the vulnerable card, know what is like t be a commoner etc etc, and make the sale.

Overall, agree with other on here, sometimes I don't mind having Ruth and Jackie on in the background, as they do have a laugh, but it's no surprise that others, especially Julia rarely present with Ruth, as there would be a massive clash of egos. Ruth very much is the alpha with Jackie but that works well.

In terms of Ruth, I think she is vastly overrated in being a presenter and designer etc, and sadly, QVC are really pushing Ruth as the main attraction - I can see this back firing, as Ruth isn't as popular as she was - that's why she is jumping onto QVC to pay her overinflated salary, and some of us are silly enough to pay for her and Eahmon's lavish lifestyle as much as QVC are. I can't imagine the old guard like Julia, Ali and Jilly are over impressed too.
I have not and will not buy her products on principle. I so dislike people over charging their products , being greedy especially people like Ruthie who are new to the business ( esp , when she uses other people' ideas of and merchandise and copies and passed as their idea, saying " I designed these , " She is high producing jumpsuits now after seeing how popular Kim & co is with hers. 😏
She copied her handbag from another designer and of course " I designed this" Her handbag has not got the polished look of the original designer.

Latest posts

Back