CH - here we go again........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

http://www.asa.org.uk/Consumers/How-to-complain.aspx

Judging by the tone of your posts it's obviously something you feel strongly about Janie so here is the link to the body that deals with such matters. Let us know how you get on.

yes i feel strongly about being lied to but why would i waste my time with that?? i just take my business to the retailers she's complaining about, thanks all the same.

Fully accept if you'd rather not, it's your choice.

I assumed (wrongly) that as you had taken the time to post on several occasions on this thread you might be interested.

Having worked with the ASA they are not a waste of time at all, they look at all complaints and many companies have had to change their practices or put out a statement on air.

Mayb you should also list the "lies" of the other presenters aswell to balance it out instead of just one presenter , im not saying everything that CH says is true or if its a pack of lies however there are other presenters that say alot worse than her seems unfair to target just one presenter for doing this

KimP can I ask you to tell us more about the ASA if you have worked with them. It would be really interesting to know what kind if facts we need to collate to have a strong case against ANY of the shopping channels. On the Bid threads I know some of the posters have had complaints upheld, but a little nudge in the right direction would be really valuable thanks.

Mayb you should also list the "lies" of the other presenters aswell to balance it out instead of just one presenter , im not saying everything that CH says is true or if its a pack of lies however there are other presenters that say alot worse than her seems unfair to target just one presenter for doing this

The worst the others do is lie about what they own which is apparently everything in the case of JF and CR , Its so ridiculous that's its laughable. Julia lies about being a size small, that one hurts no one but misleads us when we need accurate sizing. All of these have been mentioned frequently. and done to death on numerous threads.

What CH does is put down the perceived competition and make sweeping statements about their ethics and policies. I haven't heard any of the others do this.

Last edited:
Julian puts down Ideal world all the time and Debbie flint makes some awful claims at times to almost scaring people into buying items

"NO other retailers will give a 30 day mbg for sale goods. at least NONE that i know of".

Technically she's not lying as she finishs with none that she is aware of, you don't know that that statement is a lie as she is talking about her personnal experience.

"NO other retailers will give a 30 day mbg for sale goods. at least NONE that i know of".

Again she is ending the statement with a personnal experience

"maybe it's got better now and SOME of them will let you return something but that's ONLY WITHIN 2 WEEKS........and then you'll ONLY GET A CREDIT NOTE!!!"
My experience with sale items has always been the above, that doesn't mean it's the norm but it is my experience and so I very rarely go to sales on the high street. I have had a theory for a long time now that they get out the carp for the sales, that and the sizes that are hard to shift. I tend to shop online for sales as although I don't know the condition I at least don't have to witness someone stepping on the piece of clothing I was going to look at before someone knocked it on the floor.

The problem I find with some of these posts is that the apparant intense dislike for the presenter tends to overshadow what the poster is complaining about and so comes across as just a reason to knock the presenter rather than a valid complaint.

Evidence please!

Well I agree that she is sometimes bursting out of the stuff she's wearing. Personally I think she's a 12-14 not a 10. Julia, what's wrong with that? You're past 50 and you look great in my opinion. Look good in bigger clothes - that's what my mum said to me LOL. Wearing size 10 when your'e a 14 just makes you look big (fat) so please everyone, don't do it.

CC (fat boy lol)

Technically she's not lying as she finishs with none that she is aware of, you don't know that that statement is a lie as she is talking about her personnal experience.

Again she is ending the statement with a personnal experience

My experience with sale items has always been the above, that doesn't mean it's the norm but it is my experience and so I very rarely go to sales on the high street. I have had a theory for a long time now that they get out the carp for the sales, that and the sizes that are hard to shift. I tend to shop online for sales as although I don't know the condition I at least don't have to witness someone stepping on the piece of clothing I was going to look at before someone knocked it on the floor.

The problem I find with some of these posts is that the apparant intense dislike for the presenter tends to overshadow what the poster is complaining about and so comes across as just a reason to knock the presenter rather than a valid complaint.

au contraire. i could actually watch her if she didn't come out with this rubbish all the time. i think it's more a case of the posters who intensely like her trying to dispute facts.

the first 2 examples were the same??

sorry i don't believe this is her personal experience - she's really never been to M&S?? she actually has to keep correcting herself - she says 'when i go' then hastily changes it to 'when i used to'.

Fully accept if you'd rather not, it's your choice.

I assumed (wrongly) that as you had taken the time to post on several occasions on this thread you might be interested.

Having worked with the ASA they are not a waste of time at all, they look at all complaints and many companies have had to change their practices or put out a statement on air.

i didn't say they were a waste of time - i said it was a waste of MY time. if i were a retailer, i'm sure i would feel differently.

Why have u botherd posting on here about it then :S surely thats a waste of your time :s

au contraire. i could actually watch her if she didn't come out with this rubbish all the time. i think it's more a case of the posters who intensely like her trying to dispute facts.

the first 2 examples were the same??

sorry i don't believe this is her personal experience - she's really never been to M&S?? she actually has to keep correcting herself - she says 'when i go' then hastily changes it to 'when i used to'.

Not saying she hasn't but why do you assume to know where she shops, M&S are not the shop they used to be IMO and I haven't shopped there in ages so why assume she does? TBH she probably shops in better places than that with her salary. So what if she changes her sentance from 'going' to 'used to go', she is there to sell for QVC as are all the presenters. Hardly going to do much good for QVC if the presenters start prattling on about going to M&S the weekend to buy a jumper, never going to happen from any presenter of any of the channels, and I like to think as a viewer/customer I am able to decide what I think is good value and if I'm not sure then I will check elsewhere.

I would imagine that at some point all the presenters purchase something from the channels they work for if only as they probably get it at a lot better price than we do.

Not saying she hasn't but why do you assume to know where she shops, M&S are not the shop they used to be IMO and I haven't shopped there in ages so why assume she does? TBH she probably shops in better places than that with her salary. So what if she changes her sentance from 'going' to 'used to go', she is there to sell for QVC as are all the presenters. Hardly going to do much good for QVC if the presenters start prattling on about going to M&S the weekend to buy a jumper, never going to happen from any presenter of any of the channels, and I like to think as a viewer/customer I am able to decide what I think is good value and if I'm not sure then I will check elsewhere.

I would imagine that at some point all the presenters purchase something from the channels they work for if only as they probably get it at a lot better price than we do.

i said no such thing - show me where i did. i mentioned m&s as it is somewhere almost everyone in the country has been. my apologies, i thought that was so obvious it needed no explanation. i neither know nor care where she shops. she wasn't referring to where she shops either! she was making a sweeping statement about all other retailers. just like when she claims qvc are cheaper than all other retailers.

the posts on this forum will be very long indeed if it is expected that every single word you write/minute you spend here, must be explained and or qualified for the nit pickers.

Latest posts

Back