Chic?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nor mine. I think that it appears to be vastly overpriced considering it's fashion jewellery. I was just reading a book recently called 'War Paint' by Lindy Woodhead which was all about the lives and rivalry of Helena Rubinstein and Elizabeth Arden. I *think* Helena Rubinstein had quite a few KJL pieces in her collection that were sold off when she died in 1965. She liked huge blingy jewellery, both 'paste' and real.

This is a Public Information Post brought to you by cavegirl, Keeper Of The Nerdfacts

Nor mine. I think that it appears to be vastly overpriced considering it's fashion jewellery. I was just reading a book recently called 'War Paint' by Lindy Woodhead which was all about the lives and rivalry of Helena Rubinstein and Elizabeth Arden. I *think* Helena Rubinstein had quite a few KJL pieces in her collection that were sold off when she died in 1965. She liked huge blingy jewellery, both 'paste' and real.

This is a Public Information Post brought to you by cavegirl, Keeper Of The Nerdfacts

That looks like quite an interesting read Cavegirl.

Market Stall/Cracker springs to mind! I find the prices absolutely outrageous for fashion jewellery, the profit margins must be gastronomical. No wonder JR has jetted off across the pond......all at our expense!

The book sounds good. :happy: I will fess up :cheeky: and say I have some of his pieces however I will agree it's not everyones cup of tea. I first saw KJL in Neiman Marcus years ago and the prices were sky high compared to Q. I do like a bold look on occasion and costume jewellery can fit the bill. The bits I have I've found to be of very good quality compared to some of the other Q ranges. I do wish the packaging was a bit better though as they usually come in a red pouch. :emo:

Market Stall/Cracker springs to mind! I find the prices absolutely outrageous for fashion jewellery, the profit margins must be gastronomical. No wonder JR has jetted off across the pond......all at our expense!

Really? I found them kinda hard to swallow my self. :pizza: :happy:

I agree with NSE; I have a couple of KJL pieces and love them. Most of his collection is not to my taste, but he has some very nice pieces and although not cheap for a fashion jewellery range, QVC prices are very competitive. B&W, Lola rose, Bibi Bijoux..... they are all quite expensive.
Also, the quality of KJL is much better than B&W, even after 10 yrs they look brand new.

That looks like quite an interesting read Cavegirl.

Snowstorm, is was fantastic. I really recommend anyone with an interest in skincare to read it. In an oblique way it explodes a lot of myths about the industry and shows how simple ingredients, packaged fancily can pull women in to believing they are buying something that will stop them ageing. The two women had such amazing lives, too. Fascinating.

Really? I found them kinda hard to swallow my self. :pizza: :happy:

I'd just been doing a crossword and thought it was an ideal word to use in this instance as QVC have most definitely mastered the art of eating away at our money!! :wink:

Snowstorm, is was fantastic. I really recommend anyone with an interest in skincare to read it. In an oblique way it explodes a lot of myths about the industry and shows how simple ingredients, packaged fancily can pull women in to believing they are buying something that will stop them ageing. The two women had such amazing lives, too. Fascinating.

You have persuaded me and I have found it in my local libray (got to support them) and have reserved it. Thanks for recommendation

Latest posts

Back