So, Did You Watch? Dyson Airstrait

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry, alter ego, about your arm. It must make doing your hair so awkward.

I have a double crown and two cow's licks on each side and the front of my hair. One crown likes to go backwards when styling, the other forward and the cow's lick on the right side even if you try to get it flat shortly after drying is up again. I have a natural kink which mean my hair will curl very easily, I remember being asked if I had a perm!!! I knew, okay, better get it cut. Back in the 70s when I had long hair, I used to have to dry it in sections it took ages as I always had thick slightly course textured hair. No straighteners around back then. Remember when it was just below my shoulder, taking the dog out and sitting in the sun to let it dry. When I got home I looked like Crystal Tips (children's TV show Crystal Tips) it was so heavy and wide. I now have a pixie cut great no farting around and dried in less than 5 minutes usually. A friend said why bother blow-drying, because I would have bits just sticking up and a quiff Elvis would be proud of.

I do use the Oribe hair oil to help keep it smooth, one drop in with a tiny bit of styling cream. I will say as someone who colours at home, I have never had problems with the colouring I just use natural blond and even split the dye mixing on part of the products together each time so get two goes out of the one packet

All I wanted as a little girl was curly hair and I think a lot of people look better with their natural curls. Who is spending this much on this contraption? In this day and age of rampant inflation etc???
I’ve always had curly hair. I went to school in the 1960’s & 70’s, at the time when poker-straight hair a la Sandie Shaw and Cathy McGowan was the fashion for many years.

I tried all ways of straightening my hair but during the course of the school day I could literally feel the curls re-forming !

We didn’t have all the electric hair gadgets back then and only a limited range of styling gels etc.

In my 60’s now and grateful for my curls, also grateful for my hairdresser who is the first to ever cut my hair to show it at its best.

I have a Dyson dryer but don’t see any better results than with my Parlux.

I too had curly hair when in the 60s it had to be straight nothing else would do ( remember Mary Quant’s bob?)every night I would dampen it with setting lotion and stick it down with sellotape around my face, imagine?!!,.The next day I would have sellotape marks on my face and the kinks would return as soon as I went out . Then Vidal Sassoon did his Grecian Goddess cut, short, curly with tendrils round face & neck. My time had come! People were queuing up for perms, mine was perfect, the sellotape was binned .

Sorry, alter ego, about your arm. It must make doing your hair so awkward.

I have a double crown and two cow's licks on each side and the front of my hair. One crown likes to go backwards when styling, the other forward and the cow's lick on the right side even if you try to get it flat shortly after drying is up again. I have a natural kink which mean my hair will curl very easily, I remember being asked if I had a perm!!! I knew, okay, better get it cut. Back in the 70s when I had long hair, I used to have to dry it in sections it took ages as I always had thick slightly course textured hair. No straighteners around back then. Remember when it was just below my shoulder, taking the dog out and sitting in the sun to let it dry. When I got home I looked like Crystal Tips (children's TV show Crystal Tips) it was so heavy and wide. I now have a pixie cut great no farting around and dried in less than 5 minutes usually. A friend said why bother blow-drying, because I would have bits just sticking up and a quiff Elvis would be proud of.

I do use the Oribe hair oil to help keep it smooth, one drop in with a tiny bit of styling cream. I will say as someone who colours at home, I have never had problems with the colouring I just use natural blond and even split the dye mixing on part of the products together each time so get two goes out of the one packet

Thank you, Donna. It's a ****** nightmare but what can you do. I see a nice wig in my future.

We're hair twins - down to the crown and cow's licks. I was also likened to Crystal Tips.

I never bothered straightening my hair until my niece had GHD's in the mid-2000's. I tried it and looked like Limahl! I used to wash, condition, comb through then blast dry with a hairdryer and looked like Jon Bon Jovi. It actually suited me as I was as a bit of a wild child. But slightly older.

After failing with straighteners I went chemical and had L'Oreal X-Tenso. Life changing! Straight, shiny, swingy locks that felt heavy and like proper hair for the first time ever. Sadly, all good things come to an end and after one hairdresser let the apprentice apply it too closely to my scalp, flattening it down so it not only burnt little holes in my scalp, it also caused the "bends" so the hair broke off closely to the scalp. Pretty it was not!

I ended up semi-perfecting the art of the blow dry and straighten, dreading the slightest drop of moisture as I'd instantly puff up into Dolly the Sheep. And there I stayed. Until a few years ago when I started getting weird red dots and spots on my hairline and the hairs getting the dots were disappearing. My hairline has disappeared back along my head and from the front of my ears so I look really weird.

I finally saw a dermatologist a year ago and was told what's gone is gone and will never grow back. I had the diagnosis of fibrosing alopecia. It's a form of auto-immune disease so matches my MS and rheumatoid arthritis. In true NHS form I was told it's important to try to stop it but most treatments are not great and that I should be see every 3 months. It'll be 14 months before I'm seen again :rolleyes:

All the years I hated my hair and now I'm deeply sorry I never made the most of it! My hairdresser, bless her, manages to do her best and with the help of a fringe and half a can of hairspray makes me look human again. For a day.

Thank you, Donna. It's a ****** nightmare but what can you do. I see a nice wig in my future.

We're hair twins - down to the crown and cow's licks. I was also likened to Crystal Tips.

I never bothered straightening my hair until my niece had GHD's in the mid-2000's. I tried it and looked like Limahl! I used to wash, condition, comb through then blast dry with a hairdryer and looked like Jon Bon Jovi. It actually suited me as I was as a bit of a wild child. But slightly older.

After failing with straighteners I went chemical and had L'Oreal X-Tenso. Life changing! Straight, shiny, swingy locks that felt heavy and like proper hair for the first time ever. Sadly, all good things come to an end and after one hairdresser let the apprentice apply it too closely to my scalp, flattening it down so it not only burnt little holes in my scalp, it also caused the "bends" so the hair broke off closely to the scalp. Pretty it was not!

I ended up semi-perfecting the art of the blow dry and straighten, dreading the slightest drop of moisture as I'd instantly puff up into Dolly the Sheep. And there I stayed. Until a few years ago when I started getting weird red dots and spots on my hairline and the hairs getting the dots were disappearing. My hairline has disappeared back along my head and from the front of my ears so I look really weird.

I finally saw a dermatologist a year ago and was told what's gone is gone and will never grow back. I had the diagnosis of fibrosing alopecia. It's a form of auto-immune disease so matches my MS and rheumatoid arthritis. In true NHS form I was told it's important to try to stop it but most treatments are not great and that I should be see every 3 months. It'll be 14 months before I'm seen again :rolleyes:

All the years I hated my hair and now I'm deeply sorry I never made the most of it! My hairdresser, bless her, manages to do her best and with the help of a fringe and half a can of hairspray makes me look human again. For a day.
Oh no how awful but great you've got a good hairdresser.❤️

Oh no how awful but great you've got a good hairdresser.❤️

Thank you, Patsy and Lily Lil.

I wasn't going to post but according to dermatologist, cases of this condition are shooting up in menopausal women so if anyone here gets any form of hair loss around their frontal hairline, get to a dermatologist as fast as possible as the sooner you start treatment the less hair you will lose.

If the dermatologist or GP at referral has no idea what it is point them to the various sites that have recently (in the last few years since I've been searching for answers) posted information on frontal fibrosing alopecia. DermnetNZ has quite a bit on there.

It's linked to lichen planoplaris, too, so if you have a diagnosis for this look out for FFA.

Latest posts

Back