Christmas set

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lucy-loo

Registered Shopper
I know its too early to mention the C word, but I came across this set, and I bought it last year at the full price of £31, its now £19.68, it consists of a table runner, two christmas stockings, and two cushions, all beautifully embroidered, and very well made, and they look realy stylish, evrybody who saw mine asked where they were from, sorry I cant do links maybe someone elae will do it, the item number is 703555.

I am tempted to get another set.

I've had a few emails regarding the Christmas shows. - deleted immediately. Yet I see people on Q FB pleading for info and gasping with frustration in case they have missed it.

I don't buy many gifts and I'm luckily not to have to consider easy payments so I don't have to buy gifts from Q in July but I can imagine it must be necessary for some people.

However if they purchased 1 gift per month (equal to easy payment ) somewhere else they would be quids in both in price and postage. Most post now is around £6/7 per item, assuming you don't return it, which would easily add up to cover at least one or two extra gifts.

I rarely watch now and as soon as Christmas shows start it will be permanently off as I just can't stand all the hype.

1st December will be 24 days too early for me! bah! Humbug!

I know its too early to mention the C word, but I came across this set, and I bought it last year at the full price of £31, its now £19.68, it consists of a table runner, two christmas stockings, and two cushions, all beautifully embroidered, and very well made, and they look realy stylish, evrybody who saw mine asked where they were from, sorry I cant do links maybe someone elae will do it, the item number is 703555.

Oh dear. :mysmilie_17: I feel like this set is haunting me, someone mentioned it the other week too. I stopped shopping with QVC almost three years ago now and this set was in last clicks then for a few years! Then it changed to Christmas in July price every year, then back to last clicks, and has came up every year for as far back as I can remember. I can't believe it's still doing the rounds. :mysmilie_17: I'm feeling sorry for it, please QVC customers take pity on it and buy it, pleeeeeeeese :mysmilie_15:

Well I don't really do Xmas, but I think that is a very good price for five items.

I love Christmas, but I really found last year that QVC started to spoil it for me. It's bad enough with the shops putting stuff out immediately after bonfire night (or should that be immediately after they've gone back to school) but QVC's hour after hour of Gill Gauntlet and her LEDs-shoved-in-everything tat and the sleigh bells... I'd had enough by the middle of November.

Far, far too soon folks (IMO) I've been a member over on CT for some years now and most of us don't utter the C******** word till the 1st of December. The odd ones (members) still say it but they're doomed, doomed!! Having said that, one of my daughters lives in Oz with her family, so as there's 6 of them I buy in the summer and post off via surface mail including all their cards for every occasion - far cheaper but it does take many weeks (used to be 5 or 6 but now its always 12wks at least!

I love Christmas, but I really found last year that QVC started to spoil it for me. It's bad enough with the shops putting stuff out immediately after bonfire night (or should that be immediately after they've gone back to school) but QVC's hour after hour of Gill Gauntlet and her LEDs-shoved-in-everything tat and the sleigh bells... I'd had enough by the middle of November.

You last until November????!!!!! I've had enough after 10 minutes of the first show.

Yes, it's all the light up tat that I really can't stand, they seemed to have hours of it last year!

I'll be honest, Christmas in July doesn't really bother me as it's only a day I suppose, but until Q extend the warranty on items purchased during the event, I won't be buying. Once we hit November, they bang on and on about the extended 30 days MBG that runs until 25th January, but funnily enough, nothing gets mentioned during CIJ.

I've had a few emails regarding the Christmas shows. - deleted immediately. Yet I see people on Q FB pleading for info and gasping with frustration in case they have missed it.

I don't buy many gifts and I'm luckily not to have to consider easy payments so I don't have to buy gifts from Q in July but I can imagine it must be necessary for some people.

However if they purchased 1 gift per month (equal to easy payment ) somewhere else they would be quids in both in price and postage. Most post now is around £6/7 per item, assuming you don't return it, which would easily add up to cover at least one or two extra gifts.

I rarely watch now and as soon as Christmas shows start it will be permanently off as I just can't stand all the hype.

1st December will be 24 days too early for me! bah! Humbug!

I think the questions on Facebook might be set up, there seem to be a lot of questions like that appearing e.g. How do I leave a review, how do I change my address etc.

I agree about buying presents elsewhere over a number of months to save money or even putting an amount in a savings account each month to pay for presents. However some QVC customers don't seem to be able to see beyond easypay.

I put money aside every week for Chrismas and Birthdays as I have such a lot of family to buy for. I never buy gifts from Q and never watch the Chrismas shows no matter what time of year they are on as a lot of what they sell looks cheap and trashy IMO.

Latest posts

Back