CHuntley.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

must be difficult for the kids, having a mum who looks like an ageing page 3 girl with her top on. i bet her sons mates give him hell.
I am not sure how old her son is but I'm sure his mates will fancy her.

Nothing wrong with loking like a page 3 girl, aging or otherwise.

The page 3 girls famous when I was a young 'un all aged very well. Just wish I had the qualifications for said job, big boobies and photogenic and I ain't never had either.

Catherine rarely mentions her son but isn't he around 16 or 17? She had both her kids quite young, early 20s; I wonder during what previous incarnation that happened: nail technician, dental nurse..? There's a story she never divulges whereas we here lots about her and her daughter, her cats, her wardrobe, her crafting skills, time living in the states, her interest in welsh things(transient interest), her bowel movements, her handbags, her shoes,....etc...etc but nothing about the son or the kids' father. Anyone got any gossip (real or made up, makes no odds)?

Jude xx

I don't see her that often but I have heard her waffle on about her son including that he can't whistle. She does seem more wrapped up in her daughter but that's probably a case of the qvc format giving more opportunities to mention female stuff.

I don't see her that often but I have heard her waffle on about her son including that he can't whistle. She does seem more wrapped up in her daughter but that's probably a case of the qvc format giving more opportunities to mention female stuff.

Very true, Julia has always had more call to mention her daughter - sharing products etc., before both kids started working at Q. What a weird fact about the whistling? I can't imagine how that'd crop up in conversation!

Catherine always sounds as though she's talking with a telephone voice: deeper and taking pains to speak slower and more precisely than sounds natural.

J xx

Catherine rarely mentions her son but isn't he around 16 or 17? She had both her kids quite young, early 20s; I wonder during what previous incarnation that happened: nail technician, dental nurse..? There's a story she never divulges whereas we here lots about her and her daughter, her cats, her wardrobe, her crafting skills, time living in the states, her interest in welsh things(transient interest), her bowel movements, her handbags, her shoes,....etc...etc but nothing about the son or the kids' father. Anyone got any gossip (real or made up, makes no odds)?

Jude xx

Apparently the kids' father was a rag and bone man called Stan who came from Irlam.

I like Catherine. She takes great care with her appearance and she always appears smart, attractive and has a pleasant manner. I think that she has mentioned that her son is at university, possible in Wales????

I like Catherine. She takes great care with her appearance and she always appears smart, attractive and has a pleasant manner. I think that she has mentioned that her son is at university, possible in Wales????

Yes Mia I too heard her say her son is at uni in Wales.
I think she looks pretty amazing for someone with a son at uni!!!....I'm certainly JEALOUS!...

I think Catherine is the most elegant and attractive presenter. She doesn't seem full of herself to me, just a very nice lady.

OH MY GOD, WHAT PLANET ARE YOU ON WHITE RUSSIAN! Catherine is awful at the moment, presenting skills, shoes, hair EVERYTHING. She needs to take a few tips from Jilly - all natural.

But Jilly is too natural!! I was watching her the other night, and she looks like she has made no effort at all. It's a bit disappointing when someone is paid mega-bucks to present a programme and turns up looking like they are doing the 'school run' (god how I detest that term!!!!!). She is an attractive woman, but she needs to cut her hair and dress a bit more chic. I think she is quite dowdy. Although she is a good presenter and seems lovely, I really do think she needs a shake up in the looks department!

i think jilly always looks just right - well groomed and smart without looking overdone and like she's competing for the most primped up presenter award. i think she's comfortable in herself and if she likes her long hair so what. it's natural (although seems to be getting steadily blonder) and doesn't seem to require endless flicking.

Of the two, I find Jilly much easier to watch. As Itchy said, she is not vain, she does not keep checking her expression or her hair in the monitor and just gets on with it.

Judging by the HUGE numbers of people who can describe the ever-fragrant Ms Huntley's on-air actions for the past 24 hours or so, regardless of whether she's liked or not, I'd say she's doing her job.

And while we still continue to watch, QVC will keep her. :nod:

Quite frankly, I don't think Q care whether we watch or not - it's all about sales, the lucre.

If sale figures dropped they might then, and only then, examine why & I would say there are other more important things on the list than the presenters.

Quite frankly, I don't think Q care whether we watch or not - it's all about sales, the lucre.

If sale figures dropped they might then, and only then, examine why & I would say there are other more important things on the list than the presenters.

Yes indeed: it's all about the "bottom dollar" for QVC: they're a business out to make as much money as they can for themselves and their shareholders.

But they are a shopping telly channel, and so they need to employ presenters who potential customers will watch. No-one says you have to LIKE them.

And I haven't read many comments from people saying they turn over when La Huntley appears; plenty from those decrying how false she is, but not many from people saying that she puts them off buying.

Latest posts

Back