Claim from Hermes or QVC over lost parcel?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amelia

Registered Shopper
Advice please folks!
Hermes have failed to deliver 2 parcels which were returns to QVC and picked up by courier on the same day.
I had requested a return of the order for full refund including P & P because the two dresses, same style different sizes, did not match measurements on their website. Hermes have forwarded a claim form and QVC are doing so.
Who will be the most efficient and fair regarding this issue? I have to admit I have very little confidence in Hermes at the moment. The whole way they have dealt with my emails re this matter so far (parcels were picked up on 5th July) has been really awful.

Experiences appreciated please!
Thanks

Did QVC arrange for Hermes to collect the dresses? If so I would try to deal with QVC as your contract is with them.

Yes if QVC arranged the return then you take it up with them. Whether they'll be any more efficient at dealing with your problems is another thing.....

I have also had a problem with a Hermes delivery recently which was not delivered to me and someone forged my signature. Anyway, to cut a long story short I did get my money back from Zara (who I bought the items from), I didn't deal with Hermes at all. It did make me very wary of deliveries involving Hermes, but I have now decided to have parcels delivered to my work address where there's more chance of someone being around to sign for it.

I did have a delivery from QVC years ago which I didn't ever receive, it was for a vacuum cleaner, very expensive purchase. I phoned QVC and explained and they sent me out another vacuum cleaner without any quibble.

Did QVC arrange for Hermes to collect the dresses? If so I would try to deal with QVC as your contract is with them.

No, I booked the pickup myself. They were heavy dresses and I knew the Royal Mail costs were going to be high. I went for the cheaper option and got what I paid for! I will not be using Hermes again - they are dire!

Amelia, the contract for the purchase of the dresses is between you and QVC.

If you booked, but QVC paid for, the return via Hermes, then the delivery contract is between QVC and Hermes. Did you obtain a receipt from the courier? If, yes:

sign QVC’s declaration form, attach a copy of your Hermes collection receipt, and sent the form and attachment to QVC. The latter should reimburse you.

It is up to QVC whether or not to make a claim against Hermes, but that’s not your problem.

If you booked and paid for the Hermes return, then the delivery contract is between you and Hermes. You can claim against either Hermes for the loss or QVC. In the latter case, if you have a receipt of collection, this should suffice QVC’s requirements. So,

sign QVC’s declaration form, attach a copy of your Hermes receipt, and send off to QVC.

If you decide to claim against Hermes, then probably you will need to provide evidence of purchase, so send a copy of your QVC invoice redacting your membership number and any other information irrelevant to the claim. Given your problems with Hermes, I would go with the lesser of the two evils – QVC.

Whether you make a claim against QVC or against Hermes, my advice would be to keep the original receipt, and take copies of any paperwork including the declaration forms required of you. You do not want to be placed in a position where one of the organisations ‘loses’ your claim and the original receipt.

In addition, I would suggest that you send your claim via the Royal Mail signed-for service or get proof of posting at the post office.

I have only returned a couple of items to QVC via Hermes: I always use Royal Mail signed-for service or special delivery, so that I can see when the items arrive. On both occasions, my Hermes courier has given me a receipt. Likewise, when I have returned items Amazon, I have always been given a receipt.

Good luck.

Jay

If you booked and paid for the Hermes return, then the delivery contract is between you and Hermes. You can claim against either Hermes for the loss or QVC. In the latter case, if you have a receipt of collection, this should suffice QVC’s requirements. So,

sign QVC’s declaration form, attach a copy of your Hermes receipt, and send off to QVC.

If you decide to claim against Hermes, then probably you will need to provide evidence of purchase, so send a copy of your QVC invoice redacting your membership number and any other information irrelevant to the claim. Given your problems with Hermes, I would go with the lesser of the two evils – QVC.

Whether you make a claim against QVC or against Hermes, my advice would be to keep the original receipt, and take copies of any paperwork including the declaration forms required of you. You do not want to be placed in a position where one of the organisations ‘loses’ your claim and the original receipt.
y

That's exactly what I decided to do before I found your post this morning!

Guess what? Having been declared untraceable and "lost" by Hermes both parcels have now miraculously turned up at QVC and I have received confirmation of refund for one already including my P&P! Hermes tracking info still shows parcels are with the courier. Incompetent is not the word - I can think of a few others.
You live and learn.

Thanks Jay for taking the time and trouble to reply in such detail. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back