Claire "mumsy" Sutton

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
Trying to stay tuned to watch the Technology hour while I clean but OMG!

I'm sure lots of people do it, but it makes me cringe! :smirk:

T Caller to Claire Sutton - "I've always wanted to speak to you because you call your mother "mummy" like I do"

Claire - "Oh yes, and I'm trying to train my children to call me mummy forever"

FGS! - someone call Social Services quick!

I just watched her with Ralph Rossini & it was quite cringe-worthy.
Poor man. He looked bored to tears.
I'm sure she is gentle & lovely & everything else she is trying to convey, but the little girl voice just doesn't cut it with me.
She reminds me of Maria Bell, the lady who used to be the unseen voice in 'Watch With Mother'

Oh don't get me started about CS and her baby waby voice, she drives me insane. I wonder if she thinks it makes her sound endearing to her audience? It has the opposite affect on me and makes me want to put my foot through the TV screen. Before anyone else says it, I know I can always switch channels!

Or at least for the safety of your tv, Gemma1, carry on watching, but just mute the tv! :mysmilie_11:

Well I really like Claire and don't mind the Listen with Mother voice, in fact I find it quite comforting. I like her presenting style and warm personality too, highly preferable to several of the other presenters I can think of.

Or at least for the safety of your tv, Gemma1, carry on watching, but just mute the tv! :mysmilie_11:[/QUOTE
Unfortunately I don't think that would work 'cos even though I couldn't hear her I'd still know she was doing it!

don't get me wrong i don't mind claire but her mumsy wumsy voice has a creepy effect on me reminds me of those old horror films where they speak all softly like claire saying things like i'm coming to get you! ooh creeped myself out now lol might just be me though who finds it creepy :)

I just watched her with Ralph Rossini & it was quite cringe-worthy.
Poor man. He looked bored to tears.
I'm sure she is gentle & lovely & everything else she is trying to convey, but the little girl voice just doesn't cut it with me.
She reminds me of Maria Bell, the lady who used to be the unseen voice in 'Watch With Mother'

you just ruined my memories of watch with mother in one fell swoop...................

I go through stages of liking her and then not.I think "mummy" is absolutely cringeworthy........but then I still call my nanny....well nanny,lol.At 90 years old and very small and frail,she could be nothing but nanny.

Sometimes I think claires really good and really informative.....other times it seems just like her little bubble.

I'm sure CS doesn 't mean to be, but the babying voice does sound rather patronising; not the BEST approach when you're trying to get people to buy from you.

Its a class thing. Most upper class people call their parents mummy and daddy, Prince Charles says it? I was brought up to speak well, even though my dad was a genuine Eastender. Made the mistake of saying 'mummy' when I went to my new secondary school.... needless to say I had to change schools soon after that, didn't go down too well.......

I absolutely cannot stand Claire's presenting style...the wide smile, the affected fake voice,the squeels to camera,the wowzers fabby wabby juicy bottom comments and the flirting with anyone in trousers.
Have no problem with her calling her Mother Mummy but she needs to tone down the act a bit it doesn't suit a woman of her age.

her eyes flick away from the camera when she's talking bollocks too. basic desmond morris stuff tells you that she is not being genuine. i suppose you could say its a good trait, becuase it allows us to know when she's lying. as opposed to flint who could hold a stare and talk pants for a whole hour and not bat an eyelid.

as for the mummy thing *gag*. i call mine mumsy, but only when i'm telling her im going to put her in a home and tell everyone she's gone loopy ha ha

Latest posts

Back