Cleansers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I have just finished my moringa balm and, as I need a cleanser, I decided to go for the Perricone. I was also looking at a couple of other options, as I do like to wash them off, and was wondering if anyone had tried either of them. The Eve Lom and the Alpha H. Thanks.

The Alpha H balancing cleanser is very nice & good value if you can get the jumbo 500ml pump. It's rich and creamy so I find it needs to be wiped away with a cloth. Plus it can be used over the eyes. The only minor negative to it is that it doesn't have to luxury feel of Emma Hardie or Elemis balm.

Perricone cleanser is rubbish, I tried it in a try me set, very drying and contains LSL, similar to Fairy washing up liquid that dries my hands just as much.
Talking about cleansers, has anyone had a cleanser that washes/cleanses pores very deeply, inside-out like?
My pores clog like crazy and I squeese them out once a week and desperately looking for something to help my pores not get clogged. I use EH Moringa and Alpha H Triple Cleanser plus Microcleanse .

Ive tried Alpha H Balancing cleanser in the past , and its ok but nothing special , I bought it from ebay.

you don't say what your skin type is Louise but I certainly would not try Alphah or perricone on mine as it is dry/sensitive. The ones that work best for me are balm and hot cloth cleansers.

You will know by now that Emma Hardie Moringa balm is my staple and I have repeat purchased for a couple of years now. Before I discovered balm cleansers Liz Earle C&P was my holy grail.

I do try others every now and then because Moringa Balm alone would be too costly. I have a REN Rose centrifola (sp) balm that I got from M & S with my sky voucher. Not tried it yet. I am halfway through an AD skin synergy cleansing balm. It's nice but not a patch on Emma Hardie. I have used a £5 voucher to try Boots no 7 balm cleanser but not opened it yet. I will be using the Elemis balm from the TSV when the AD one is empty.

I have tried Eve Lom (been through a few pots when LE was my staple). It's a brilliant cleanser but I think it smells awful and I think my skin was mildly sensitive to it so I gave up and would never buy it again. I had some as gifts after visiting London for an Eve Lom facial. To be honest Liz Earle suited my skin better and Emma Hardie Moringa Balm just knocks spots off the lot.

Perricone cleanser is rubbish, I tried it in a try me set, very drying and contains LSL, similar to Fairy washing up liquid that dries my hands just as much.
Talking about cleansers, has anyone had a cleanser that washes/cleanses pores very deeply, inside-out like?
My pores clog like crazy and I squeese them out once a week and desperately looking for something to help my pores not get clogged. I use EH Moringa and Alpha H Triple Cleanser plus Microcleanse .

Not available on Q, but Dermalogica overnight clearing gel is fab at deep cleaning pores, you can use it on problem areas or all over if needed.

http://www.dermalogica.ie/ir/html/p...html?type=skin_concern&cat=acne+and+breakouts

I'm an Alpha H junkie. I use the triple action cleanser in the morning and the balancing cleanser in the evening. Triple action is more of a morning cleanser as it's a gel texture it can be washed off, but it's more for combination to oily skins, it would be too drying for dry skin. The balancing cleanser is a lovely lotion which can be removed with a cloth, I use it with my combination skin but people with dry skin find it works for them too.

Both of them are very unlike balms so you won't get that feeling of luxury, but they ****** well work if you have conbination skin so that doesn't matter to me!

Talking about cleansers, I have used LE cleanse & polish for a long time. I had some direct from them recently. I used the last of an old tube this morning, and opened the new one this evening. It has definitely changed, the smell is a bit different and the texture slightly different. The eucalyptus smell is very weak and not as nice, having used the original this morning it was easy to make the comparison. The ingredient listing is identical but it certainly has changed, I won't be buying it again.

I was actually going to post this in the thread about getting products cheaper elsewhere than QVC but then I spotted a thread on cleansers so thought I should post it here!
I do love Liz Earle cleanse and polish but it's now really out of my price bracket. But for a balm cleanser which is natural and mosturising (and amazing!) but still expensive in my opinion, I would personally recommend the Balance Me 'Cleanse and Smooth' face balm - a balm cleanser you used in conjunction with cloth...

But what I was going to say was that the SBC 3-in-1 Collagen Cleanser which is a gel-based but not drying cleanser with toner and exfoliation (gentle) properties. On QVC it's about £15 plus pandp! But I have just found that on www.beautynaturals.com which offers free pandp on everything anyway, it's on offer for £6.50 for 250ml! Definitely worth a go if you're on a budget?? I've bought two!

I am blackhead prone also Marina so I know exactly where you are coming from. The emma hardie moringa balm with the rosehip seeds makes a good scrub and clears pores. But to keep them at bay I find using Judith Williams luxury diamond cleanser with the brush to be absolutely brilliant - leaves skin and pores really clean and is a must have for me.
http://www.qvcuk.com/Judith-Williams-2-Piece-Luxury-Diamonds-Set.product.200866.html?sc=200866-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-39-_-200866

I have large pores on my face which I hate . I started using Kiehls ultra cleanser with the ultra toner at Christmas and have noticed my pores seem reduced. I put the cleanser on my damp face when I am in the shower. Got it down to a fine art. Get in shower, wash hair, put cleanser on face, put conditioner on hair, wash body, rinse face, rinse conditioner out.
I like to think the heat and steam opens the pores and helps the cleanser do a deeper clean.
On a night I just use the cleanser at the sink but use my little pink soap and glory silicone thing and once rinsed and dry, I use the toner.

The cleanser is very thick, you only need a small amount. When you put it on stamp skin it changes to a light creamy foam if that makes sense. It seems to melt.

If you have a keihls near you go and ask for some samples and see how you get on.better still, tell them you are looking to change brands, tell them you are not intending to buy that same day but you would like a consultation (free), then depending on how your skin reacts , you will consider buying.thats what I did and my skin still felt wonderful a couple of days later.

It's cheaper than return P&P to qvc if you order something new and need to return it.

The other thing to consider is price, I would never buy premier, premier brands because unless they were on offer I wouldn't be able to keep repeat buying or dabble with new products from those ranges.thats before you add in postage.

Having tried QVC philosophy, cleanse and polish, Elemis and Decleor I think I have finally found something I am happy with. I can buy from john lewis and have delivered click and collect for free and I know from experience they really do have excellent customer service.

I love Eve Lom and have used it on and off since last century. Its sort of herbal smelling but that does not bother me. The thing with it is, the first pot you get you use far too much product and only need the size of a garden pea for the whole face and neck.

At the moment I am using the Rodial one(only because its usually £50 and QVC at that time sold it at £18+, now £20+), I had got a 20mls size in SpaceNK goodie bag once and was impressed with it. No idea if it does brightened the skin though as it claims, but it takes makeup off even eye makeup.

I use these sorts at night as I use my clarisonic in the morning with usually Elemis Sensitive Wash, though at the moment REN Evercalm gel cleanser which is very gentle.

I've given up on the ones Q sells, after trying lots, & reverted to the dreaded high street.
I have very dry, sensitive skin, so can't recommend for oily skins or large pores, sorry.
At night, to remove make up, I'm loving No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm for Dry/ Very Dry Skin 150ml. It's only £9.50 full price which you never have to pay as there's always some sort of offer on, 3 for 2 or when they give the £5 vouchers. It's so very gentle, I use it as a hot cloth cleanser with a muslin, old C&P ones or baby ones from Tesco.
In the morning I use Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser in the Dry & Sensitive version with my Clarisonic. Been using it for years & a tube lasts months & months as you only need the tiniest amount, a pea size is too much.

I've gone onto Superdrug Hot cloth cleanser with cloth, it's paraben free and carries the bunny logo too. At the moment it's buy one get the second half price, so £9 for 300mls. I've given up on high price skin care, I'm not convinced it does anything special for my skin!

I've gone onto Superdrug Hot cloth cleanser with cloth, it's paraben free and carries the bunny logo too. At the moment it's buy one get the second half price, so £9 for 300mls. I've given up on high price skin care, I'm not convinced it does anything special for my skin!

Which one do you use if you don't mind me asking?
I called in to Superdrug on Saturday but I wasn't sure which to go for?
The Vitamin E one was 200ml for £4.99, but the one in a green box was £5.99 but you only got 150ml.
Also, the Vitamin E one said that it was for Normal to Dry skin, so that put me off a bit because my skin is oily.

In the end I ordered the Liz Earle OTO on Sunday from Q.

Which one do you use if you don't mind me asking?
I called in to Superdrug on Saturday but I wasn't sure which to go for?
The Vitamin E one was 200ml for £4.99, but the one in a green box was £5.99 but you only got 150ml.
Also, the Vitamin E one said that it was for Normal to Dry skin, so that put me off a bit because my skin is oily.

In the end I ordered the Liz Earle OTO on Sunday from Q.
I use the Naturally Radiant one,( haven't tried the other one) but it seems to suit my ageing skin. You may only get 150ml but the normal size of the Liz Earle is 100ml, 200ml if you get the supersize. So if you bought 4 Superdrug ones totalling 600mls it would cost you £18 (as they have a special offer on at the moment), against 400mls of Liz Earle in the supersize set costing you £51 and £4.95 p & p.
IMHO the Superdrug is worth trying!

I use the Naturally Radiant one,( haven't tried the other one) but it seems to suit my ageing skin. You may only get 150ml but the normal size of the Liz Earle is 100ml, 200ml if you get the supersize. So if you bought 4 Superdrug ones totalling 600mls it would cost you £18 (as they have a special offer on at the moment), against 400mls of Liz Earle in the supersize set costing you £51 and £4.95 p & p.
IMHO the Superdrug is worth trying!

Thank You.
I wasn't complaining about the sizes, I just meant that is seemed strange that the Naturally Radiant one was more expensive with less product than the Vitamin E one IYSWIM?
I suppose with the 'Buy one get one Half Price' offer, I could try one of each.
I do use Superdrug for other things (Their Lemon & Tea Tree Shower Gel is fantastic), so I know that the quality is okay.
Also they are BUAV approved which is important to me as well.

I like the green one from Superdrug as I like the smell, but at the mo I'm using Ultrabland from Lush - my skin is dry/sensitive/mature and I fnd this suits me very well.

With my really oily skin I've found in the last few years that cleansing balms are the best for my skin. Anything with any foam or traditional cleansing agents just make it worse. With the balms my pores definitely look smaller, especially across the nose.

The Eve Lom cleanser has mineral oil as the biggest ingredient. No way! Not yet tried Emma Hardy or Elemis, but the prices put me off.

I'm currently using a fabulously good neroli cleansing balm from a small business on eBay. 3rd repurchase, and never found better quality. brilliant price. If you're interested I'll look out the brand name.

Latest posts

Back