Clickfree worth the cash?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

concordia

Easily Confused
Hi all, did anyone buy the Clickfree Auto Backup, 160gb, when it was a TSV? I recently saw it's back and on easypays. Just wondering if it's worth the money. :33: Reviews generally good, though some were disasterous. Not a computer wiz, so easy is necessary! Many thanks!

Hi - I got one and we love it. We use it to back up 4 separate computers with no trouble. Even I can 'drive' it and I am completely non-technical so it must be easy.

I think there are cheaper back-up drives out there but maybe not so simple. Do a search as I know there was a long thread about this on here when it was the tsv.

:r1:

Hi, yes it is definitely worth the money. I bought one as the tsv and regularly back up two computers with it, one of which is a laptop. After having laptops fail me in the past and having to pay £150+ for data retrieval, i wouldn't be without my clickfree now.

It is definitely worth it! I got this as my first back up device (at long last!!!) and it is sooo easy!

I have bought this item and found it extremely easy to use, if i can do it then it has to be easy!

I don't know how much this product is but i recently bought a terrabite hard drive for £73 and as for ease of use just put your files in a folder different to others until you copy them to your back up,for 160 gb anything over £50 is outrageous.

I love mine and have started backing up my pc and laptop regularly for the first time ever, you literally just plug it in and that's it. It looks so nice too, small and sleek with pretty blue lights. :D :pPC:

Amateur Photographer just rated this drive pretty highly in their new issue. It's way too small for me though - I've already filled 3 of those Buffalo drives from QVC o_O

I don't usually shop on QVC, but I saw this thread and it sounds like just what I need. I'd never even heard of the clickfree device before, and I've never backed up my PC regularly (although of course I know I should).

Thanks, guys, for some very useful posts.

MissMagpie if you have vista and an external hard drive you can set vista to automatically back up for you

Thanks SCW - that's great!!! I have only just got my Vista PC and I didn't know that.

I'll check out the price of external hard drives - I can always return the clickfree when it arrives. (I don't need a large drive, as I don't have a lot of photos - it's almost all documents and e-mails.)

MissMagpie if you have vista and an external hard drive you can set vista to automatically back up for you

SCW, once I have set it, will it literally do it automatically without my having to remember to do anything at all? If I have to remember to do backups, I'll almost certainly forget.

Very, very grateful for your help on this.

Think you may have to power up your hard drive,if it was internal it would most likely do it automaticaly,i gaurantee you if you lost some photo's that were irreplaceable you would never forget to back up again,it made me anal about back up's.

SCW, once I have set it, will it literally do it automatically without my having to remember to do anything at all? If I have to remember to do backups, I'll almost certainly forget.

Very, very grateful for your help on this.

you might have to leave it connected up and the plug for it left in (or just set a reminder to plug the hard drive in) and it will do it automatically

Latest posts

Back