Companies on QVC that Estee Lauder Own

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Florence's Friend

Registered Shopper
:rolleyes: Just a bit of Sunday trivia which I am sure lots of you savvy people will already know. While checking up on something else I found that Estee Lauder own the following companies which feature on QVC: Smashbox (they aquired on 1 July 2010), Origins, Ojon and Bobbi Brown and Shiseido own Decleor and Bare Essentuals.

I know that that Estee Lauder also own Clinique, Aveda, Mac etc. I also noticed that it was a company from Japan who bought Molton Brown.

Yip it is all about :cash:

Estee Lauder started Origins and Clinique. They did buy the others, they also bought Aramis in fact the old Prescriptives perfume Calyx is being released in the Aramis range now. In the early 00s they seemed to be trying to buy up every cosmetic brand going. They also owned Stila for awhile but sold it.

On QVC US Clinique is on there.

EL own Jo Malone, but I doubt you will ever see it on QVC.

YSL is sold on QVC US now owned by L'Oreal parent group who also own the Body Shop.

Revlon have something to do with Gatineau, not sure if they own them outright or part of the brand.

The last surviving true UK brand is Elemis.

A lot of people surprised Liz Earle was not bought by EL.

The L'Oreal group were also bidding for Smashbox but lost out to EL.

Estee Lauder started Origins and Clinique. They did buy the others, they also bought Aramis in fact the old Prescriptives perfume Calyx is being released in the Aramis range now. In the early 00s they seemed to be trying to buy up every cosmetic brand going. They also owned Stila for awhile but sold it.

On QVC US Clinique is on there.

EL own Jo Malone, but I doubt you will ever see it on QVC.

YSL is sold on QVC US now owned by L'Oreal parent group who also own the Body Shop.

Revlon have something to do with Gatineau, not sure if they own them outright or part of the brand.

The last surviving true UK brand is Elemis.

A lot of people surprised Liz Earle was not bought by EL.

The L'Oreal group were also bidding for Smashbox but lost out to EL.
When did Estee Lauder buy Aramis? because it must have been very early as they already owned it when I worked on the perfumery counter in a Debenhams store in 1974!

Yes was long ago, just thought I would mention them as the brand is rarely mentioned as. Perhaps now Calyx is going to them it will perk them up. They do some really nice men's fragrances.

As Peter Sherlock said on Price -Drop TV the other day "The only things Estee Lauder don't own are me and my dog!"

I'm probably well behind the times but I thought Gatineau was a stand alone company but have looked on the net Wikipedia says Institut Jeanne Gatineau was acquired by Revlon in February 1980 with the approval of the French government.

You learn something every day.

piper

Latest posts

Back