Controversial

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I know we’ve all got different tastes and I don’t wish to upset anyone but I would be interested to know whether anybody agrees with me on this. Ben De Lisi’s Ella the French bulldog looks like a badly drawn angry teddy bear. As much as I like the sentiment behind it - honouring a much loved long lost pet I don’t think he’s done Ella or the breed in general any favours!
Apologies again but it’s a badly executed design and for me it’s more scary looking than cute!

I know we’ve all got different tastes and I don’t wish to upset anyone but I would be interested to know whether anybody agrees with me on this. Ben De Lisi’s Ella the French bulldog looks like a badly drawn angry teddy bear. As much as I like the sentiment behind it - honouring a much loved long lost pet I don’t think he’s done Ella or the breed in general any favours!
Apologies again but it’s a badly executed design and for me it’s more scary looking than cute!
I love the idea of an Angry Teddy Bear 🧸

I love the idea of an Angry Teddy Bear 🧸
How’s this?
1691507384225.jpeg
And here’s the “B&W “cheerful teddy bear “ brooch from yesterday’s show - it looks like it’s suffering from piles! What a happy bunch!

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpeg
    IMG_0066.jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0067.jpeg
    IMG_0067.jpeg
    11.5 KB · Views: 53
How dare you Merry. Mr De Lisi is a very highly respected designer so I don't think he would appreciate us plebs discussing his work like this. I'm shocked at your attitude to be honest, if this is how you attacked that lovely gentleman in the vape shop, it's no wonder you got barred. 😂😂

Also, I actually quite like the bulldog. Ha ha ha

How dare you Merry. Mr De Lisi is a very highly respected designer so I don't think he would appreciate us plebs discussing his work like this. I'm shocked at your attitude to be honest, if this is how you attacked that lovely gentleman in the vape shop, it's no wonder you got barred. 😂😂

Also, I actually quite like the bulldog. Ha ha ha
Even his face was happier than this lot!

Never mind the angry teddy bear Merryone. I switched on and Mr De Lisi was on flogging his sale stuff. Now I don't know how old this man is, but he sure as hell ain't no spring chicken!! Is it me or is he trying just too hard to be cool? I mean, come on, his trousers have had a row with his shoes, which were different colours?I personally think that he looked plain silly. And by the way, I'm really not into Ella jumpers !

Never mind the angry teddy bear Merryone. I switched on and Mr De Lisi was on flogging his sale stuff. Now I don't know how old this man is, but he sure as hell ain't no spring chicken!! Is it me or is he trying just too hard to be cool? I mean, come on, his trousers have had a row with his shoes, which were different colours?I personally think that he looked plain silly. And by the way, I'm really not into Ella jumpers !
I like his style always well dressed

Not keen on motifs on garments/ bags.By choosing this specific breed he must be limiting sales I would think. Still what do I know. I loved my Doberman but wouldn’t want a picture on my clothing.
I don't mind them if they're well drawn - like the Radley dog. I don't mind a stylised image, but as I said, it's got to be well drawn. I'm not a dog owner but I've got a duvet set with a Dachshund design on it and I love it. Like you I probably wouldn't want to "wear" such a design. I'd be happy to use a brolly with an animal design, or a canvas shopping bag - but an item of clothing with a poorly drawn design absolutely not!

His jackets may have been a good fit ten years ago, but now they're badly straining around his middle. He often wears the women's shoes he sells on QVC. They don't look right on him, especially in a different colour on each foot! I don't like animals or insects depicted on clothes. I appreciate that he loved his Ella but keep her memory in photos, not on clothes and bags, imo.

That’s hilarious!!! It reminds me of those tattoo fails you sometimes see. Imagine having a tattoo done of your beloved pet and it turning out a disaster you have to live with! Or your lovely baby!

View attachment 26256 View attachment 26257
This is why you choose your tattoo artist with care and be willing to pay big. There used to be a few shows on TV, and they fixed stupid tattoos gone wrong.

I've got two of those Ella jumpers and I like them :D Let's face it, French Bulldogs aren't the prettiest in real life, much as I love them. What would you say Merryone if I said I had Perry stuffed when he died and he now sits by the side of my bed ;)

CC

I've got two of those Ella jumpers and I like them :D Let's face it, French Bulldogs aren't the prettiest in real life, much as I love them. What would you say Merryone if I said I had Perry stuffed when he died and he now sits by the side of my bed ;)

CC
As long as he's been well tastefully stuffed, then great! Did you ever see that stuffed cat on the That's life tv show back in the 80's God that was funny!
1691603299967.png