Cook's Essentials TSV 13/04/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Would be good, they don't do them often enough anymore.
We have had ours donkeys then we bought a set cheaply from the outlet years ago after a quick ring as daughter was off to uni later that year.
She took them for her degree, a year in halls then out for two years with house mates being impressed, then back in halls for a masters year. Wouldn’t throw them when she finished at uni so we stored them. So when she got her first job in London summer 2019, she‘s now taken the set as she’s in a house share.

Strato, you're taking it too literally. Brissles could have said "ruddy pans" (but not meant red ones) or just "pans" - I think she was just frustrated that we don't get them any more. Their pans used to be good, back in the day. I had one that lasted years of heavy use.

Strato, you're taking it too literally. Brissles could have said "ruddy pans" (but not meant red ones) or just "pans" - I think she was just frustrated that we don't get them any more. Their pans used to be good, back in the day. I had one that lasted years of heavy use.

This is what I meant, and it is actually called a FLIP PAN - - and I want one!

Non-stick Flip Pan Pancake Cake Maker Frying Pan

Flip pan 5dce78022cd0c32eac92d393-large.jpg

This is what I meant, and it is actually called a FLIP PAN - - and I want one!

Non-stick Flip Pan Pancake Cake Maker Frying Pan

View attachment 20684

But that takes the joy out of a good toss!

A nice nylon palette knife helps for those inexperienced tossers. And don't flip over the cooker ring if you want an easier clean-up for the oops moments.

But that takes the joy out of a good toss!

A nice nylon palette knife helps for those inexperienced tossers. And don't flip over the cooker ring if you want an easier clean-up for the oops moments.

I am very good at tossing pancakes, but have had no success at tossing fried eggs, nor omelettes which are still sloppy on the top.

I am very good at tossing pancakes, but have had no success at tossing fried eggs, nor omelettes which are still sloppy on the top.

I've never cooked an omelette as neither of us like them. Oddly enough I always break a fried egg unless it's very fresh.

I gave up turning them and now put a lid over the pan which cooks the top just enough. I've no suggestions for omelettes, though. The thought of a sloppy-topped omelette :sick:

I've never cooked an omelette as neither of us like them. Oddly enough I always break a fried egg unless it's very fresh.

I gave up turning them and now put a lid over the pan which cooks the top just enough. I've no suggestions for omelettes, though. The thought of a sloppy-topped omelette :sick:
To cook the top of an omelette put the pan under a hot grill for a few minutes, remember to leave the handle of the pan sticking out though.

To cook the top of an omelette put the pan under a hot grill for a few minutes, remember to leave the handle of the pan sticking out though.
Yes, I've been doing that, but it takes ages for the grill to heat up.

Recently, I've been using a hot air gun.

Should I spend £300 on a Dyson hairdryer for my omelette, would it work better?

Latest posts

Back