Country Candles in Clearance

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
I was interested in Country Candles after reading about them on another thread. I ordered a trio of Vogue jars (Wonderwick) but they sent the wrong items and then sold out so I've not actually tried the brand yet. However, this set of tall jars/pillars was on my Wish List and has now been reduced in Clearance by another £5.77 so I'm going to have another go. At £29.04 inc P&P, they work out £9.68 each and have a burn time of 100 hours each.

Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 11.02.12.jpg

http://www.qvcuk.com/Country-Candle...roduct.704675.html?productId=13213840&sc=WISH

Actually, the original trio of Vogue/Wonderwick jars I ordered has also been further reduced to £25.49 inc P&P but they only have the "Linen Cupboard" option left - it sounds nice but I thought the above were better value and sound more my sort of thing. Details below.

Screen Shot 2015-12-28 at 11.20.28.jpg

http://www.qvcuk.com/Country-Candle....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-4-_-703225

If anyone has tried any of these, I'd be interested in your thoughts. The Q reviews are a bit mixed.

hi andi k i have tried both sets. prefer the larger jars as the scents had a better throw than the wooden wick ones. in fact the large jars were soo fabulous i bought two sets. you will love them all :mysmilie_378:

hi andi k i have tried both sets. prefer the larger jars as the scents had a better throw than the wooden wick ones. in fact the large jars were soo fabulous i bought two sets. you will love them all :mysmilie_378:

Ah, I think it was your recommendation on here that first attracted me! Thanks for this - appreciate hearing your views. I have a Yankee wooden wick candle which I find really hard to look after as it's hard to trim the wick and the flame goes out of control so that's putting me off but the tall ones sound gorgeous. Must admit I almost bought two sets for the saving but decided that was daft when I haven't even tried one yet. I hope QVC send the right collection this time.

i bought one set of the three large pillars. then bought anather set as the smells were fab. the blue candle is gorgeous. let me know how they smell i want the 3 small tins now lol

i bought one set of the three large pillars. then bought anather set as the smells were fab. the blue candle is gorgeous. let me know how they smell i want the 3 small tins now lol

The blue one is the one I most like the sound of. Will definitely let you know how I get on with the three I've ordered.

They have a few sets reduced, as I expect you have seen. I won't encourage you though! I only gave in today because New Year's Resolutions don't start yet!

My set of three tall pillars arrived yesterday (704675). I am very pleased with them - well, to be precise, I love the blue one (Parisian Café) and the pink one will be lovely in Spring (Wild Lime & Rose Tea) but I'm not at all keen on the green one (Tuberose Bouquet). The same smell is in some Elemis products which I really dislike but I know someone who will love it, fortunately. On the whole, Country Candles have a very upmarket and expensive look and smell and even though these pillars are massive, they look so chic!

My son got me, amongst other things, Woodwick Candles the Hearthwick ones that crackle when they burn, the throw of fragrance is lovely and the presentation of them, wooden lid and beautiful glass that can be used when the candle has finished, is beautiful so I can safely say, I will never use another scented candle again that's not a Woodwick Hearthwick one.........Happy New Year everyone, I hope it's a safe, peaceful, healthy and happy one.

My son got me, amongst other things, Woodwick Candles the Hearthwick ones that crackle when they burn, the throw of fragrance is lovely and the presentation of them, wooden lid and beautiful glass that can be used when the candle has finished, is beautiful so I can safely say, I will never use another scented candle again that's not a Woodwick Hearthwick one.........Happy New Year everyone, I hope it's a safe, peaceful, healthy and happy one.

Never heard of these, shopperholic, but just googled and they look lovely - very unusual in the flat container, if I'm looking at the right thing. Generous son too as they are not cheap!

Happy new year to you, too.

Never heard of these, shopperholic, but just googled and they look lovely - very unusual in the flat container, if I'm looking at the right thing. Generous son too as they are not cheap!

Happy new year to you, too.

The flat oval glass jar they come in are gorgeous, I'll put some cotton wool balls in one and pop it in the bathroom when I've finished, only problem is, I want more of them now, they're the same price as Yankee Candles but a thousand times nicer, can't praise them enough. His wife bought one, she heard about them from a colleague at work. The crackle is so unusual and relaxing at the same time, the throw of fragrance is stunning, I'm made up he bought me some, he's amazing, both sons are :up: you have a lovely New Years Eve Andi and hope 2016 is all you wish it to be. :mysmilie_14:

The flat oval glass jar they come in are gorgeous, I'll put some cotton wool balls in one and pop it in the bathroom when I've finished, only problem is, I want more of them now, they're the same price as Yankee Candles but a thousand times nicer, can't praise them enough. His wife bought one, she heard about them from a colleague at work. The crackle is so unusual and relaxing at the same time, the throw of fragrance is stunning, I'm made up he bought me some, he's amazing, both sons are :up: you have a lovely New Years Eve Andi and hope 2016 is all you wish it to be. :mysmilie_14:

That's kind. Your family sounds lovely and I'm sure you deserve to be treated so well by them.

I am now going to be looking out for these new candles because of course I need more! I've just 'wishlisted' one (ok, three!) on Amazon to see if they go down in price a bit but I'll have to smell them in a shop first. Wonder if I might find one in TK Maxx.

That's kind. Your family sounds lovely and I'm sure you deserve to be treated so well by them.

I am now going to be looking out for these new candles because of course I need more! I've just 'wishlisted' one (ok, three!) on Amazon to see if they go down in price a bit but I'll have to smell them in a shop first. Wonder if I might find one in TK Maxx.

Aw thank you Andi that's a lovely thing to say. :mysmilie_508: I'm the same, I'm trying to track them down cheap somewhere, if not I'm just going to have to do it, the beautiful solid wood lid and glass jar are worth the money alone, but I'll wait to see if I can grab a bargain too, fingers crossed. :nod:

Aw thank you Andi that's a lovely thing to say. :mysmilie_508: I'm the same, I'm trying to track them down cheap somewhere, if not I'm just going to have to do it, the beautiful solid wood lid and glass jar are worth the money alone, but I'll wait to see if I can grab a bargain too, fingers crossed. :nod:

:happy:

I'll keep an eye open and post back any finds. Oh, and let me know what you think of any smells in this range you have tried (even if we don't like the same things). I'm a sucker for a nice jar/container too, by the way.

AndiK these three large pillars look very nice....... so I have ordered them! Not that I need them, but there you go. Excellent value. :mysmilie_59:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

AndiK these three large pillars look very nice....... so I have ordered them! Not that I need them, but there you go. Excellent value. :mysmilie_59:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!

Well, thank you for making me feel better at least that I am not the only one buying the set despite not needing them! We can start our "sensible shopping" tomorrow, in the new year! I hope you like them - let us know. As I say, 2 out of 3 were nice for me and I can find a home for the third (Tuberose Bouquet). Typically, the one I least liked is the strongest!

:happy:

I'll keep an eye open and post back any finds. Oh, and let me know what you think of any smells in this range you have tried (even if we don't like the same things). I'm a sucker for a nice jar/container too, by the way.

Will do Andi, I'll let you know if I see any bargains.

Mine arrived today. I love the green one, strong rose floral with other notes, and the blue which has nice citrus notes not just the macaroons! The pink is also nice but to me is just a plain rose, no hint of the lime or tea! However that may change with burning.

Last night I started the YC RTW Italian biscotti and think it is very nice too. Normally I am a not a fan of their foody vanillas but this is just as it should be.

:mysmilie_59:

Mine arrived today. I love the green one, strong rose floral with other notes, and the blue which has nice citrus notes not just the macaroons! The pink is also nice but to me is just a plain rose, no hint of the lime or tea! However that may change with burning.

Last night I started the YC RTW Italian biscotti and think it is very nice too. Normally I am a not a fan of their foody vanillas but this is just as it should be.

:mysmilie_59:

I was going to say it just goes to show how different we all are when it comes to smells (and that is still true) but after reading the above, I went and re-smelled the green Tuberose Bouquet candle which, as I said earlier, I was not keen on. I suddenly quite liked it! Weird as it may sound, I have an idea it's because I had just used a mouthwash and my airways were all refreshed (and minty) so I was smelling different things in the candle. I would still say it's my least favourite of the trio but I could see myself burning it now where before I definitely couldn't.

What is the "RTW" biscotti one, Mazza? Are you thinking "Round The World" and you mean "World Journeys"? If so, I like that too!

I was indeed thinking Round The World, when I should have said World Journeys!!!! Lol.

Glad you retried and now like the tuberose candle, no need to give it away now which is always good.

Latest posts

Back