Cozee Home TSV 15/12/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't figure out why they sell these in duos. For single beds I can understand someone might have a twin room and want the same bedding on each bed, for the other sizes I don't get it (its unlikely you'd have two double/king/superkingsize beds in the same room). I wouldn't have the same bedding sets in different bedrooms, and as they emphasize the easy care and drying of cozee home there's no need for two sets because presumably you can wash, dry and get it back on the bed the same day.
I assume duos are so you can have one set in the wash and one on the bed. I would have bought a duo if they had been available when I bought my set. Also both my bedrooms have double beds so one for each room. I manage with washing and drying on the same day without a tumble dryer but I have to wait for a sunny day to do it. I can manage this because I work from home.
I don't bother to colour match bedding to rooms much as I have to cover up the bedding as I am allergic to house dust and need to keep the dust off the duvet and pillow so I have an overcover on the beds

I think each set should have been packaged desperately! If l was buying for a gift l would want to split them up and not give both sets to one person. If you did split them you could not give them in the original package and l really don't like the idea of giving it unsealed.l think this has let this TSV down.

its a repeat tsv sold out last time and nearly so this time. cant get my head round fleece bedding though

its a repeat tsv sold out last time and nearly so this time. cant get my head round fleece bedding though
I feel the cold a lot. It is a family thing. Without the fleece bedding I have to sleep under mounds of bedding and I cannot turn over easily at night. The fleece is light and oh so warm. I have a memory foam topper on the bed as well and that retains the heat as well coupled with fleece pyjamas and fleece bedding - toasting! I actually enjoy going to bed before it was a battle to get warm. Oh I forgot fleecy slipper bootees as well in the house. As I have now moved from cold house to much warmer flat, the fleecy dressing gown is almost abandoned

I can't figure out why they sell these in duos. For single beds I can understand someone might have a twin room and want the same bedding on each bed, for the other sizes I don't get it (its unlikely you'd have two double/king/superkingsize beds in the same room). I wouldn't have the same bedding sets in different bedrooms, and as they emphasize the easy care and drying of cozee home there's no need for two sets because presumably you can wash, dry and get it back on the bed the same day.

But they are not the same, one set is dots with a plain reverse and the other stripe with plain reverse.

I assume duos are so you can have one set in the wash and one on the bed. I would have bought a duo if they had been available when I bought my set. Also both my bedrooms have double beds so one for each room. I manage with washing and drying on the same day without a tumble dryer but I have to wait for a sunny day to do it. I can manage this because I work from home.
I don't bother to colour match bedding to rooms much as I have to cover up the bedding as I am allergic to house dust and need to keep the dust off the duvet and pillow so I have an overcover on the beds

Haven't seen a sunny day for quite a while where we live :dull:.

I manage to wash and dry ours in a day, too. I'm at home so can pick my wash days - even if it's not sunny in the middle of winter, if I can get it on the line for an hour on a windy day, it dries no problem. We haven't had one of those for a while, either, so it now goes over my Lakeland heated airer (which absolutely comes into it's own for fleece bedding, and I even manage to dry smalls on the bars under the bedding!).

I'm allergic to house dust, too, and although I don't wash my CH at high temps (ruins the feel as it goes hard and rough), I changed my duvet and pillows to wool and my bed to memory foam, got rid of my carpet and now no longer suffer with night-time asthma attacks. A huge relief for both of us as I was waking us both and (probably TMI), had to keep a bowl by the bed as I'd wake up coughing so badly I'd be sick :sad:.

After years of very poor sleep (night sweats but freezing cold, asthma attacks, nightmares), I finally manage a good few hours in blissful comfort thanks to CH. Every night's a treat now (though I can't stand staying away from home these days).

So does it collect cats hairs more than cotton? I reckon it must do, that's why I haven't bought any. I'd love to be wrong

So does it collect cats hairs more than cotton? I reckon it must do, that's why I haven't bought any. I'd love to be wrong

Why don't you try it? I loved my dog to bits, but if it was him or my CH, he'd have been banned from the bedroom. He had his own, though, so maybe you could treat your cat or put a throw over it.

Hi Sharon,
I don't have any of the actual duvet/bedding sets from cozee home. I did try one after all of the raving on here and I hated it! Never again ;)
But I do have a cozee home throw (it's an angel plush one I think!) which was a gift and I adore it! I use it over my 2tog cotton duvet if I get chilly! I try to keep it away from my cat's area of the double bed (he has about a quarter covered in a folded fleece blanket...) but obviously that doesn't always work!
He has an under coat and is a nightmare with regards moulting. On his fleece, when I've had a dark coloured one in the past (he is pale silver), it showed up sooo badly within two days and I got v upset, fleece of any sort absolutely traps the cat hair, no question!
When he's been on the cozee home throw, the hair kind of gets trapped in the fibres but it doesn't show too badly, so I just shake it outside every couple of days....
And it does wash out well.

If you are really concerned by it, I find cotton sateen is the best for the hair (don't go near flannel either, hair sticks like glue ;), as they just don't stick at all. But the thing is, I always think that if they're not sticky on a fabric, then it's going into the air anyway and probably ending up in the carpet or somewhere else!!

If you really like the idea of sleeping in fleece, I would say just go to it and just wash very regularly and invest in a good lint roller but in reality it's not the best choice for feline friends (although they will adore it!) x

Latest posts

Back