Cracked, dry skin - help

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lola Rose

Registered Shopper
Hello everybody,

I'm writing this in desperation as I need some help!

I have swine flu and I think my mom is too, but to make matters worse, her feet have really badly cracked and are VERY sore.

I've popped some LE Super balm on, as well as some SBC gel (can't remember which) hoping to ease the pain.

I have the LE foot products but the exfoliter would get into the cracks, making it worse.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks x

I'm so sorry Lola rose. I really hope you both feel better soon. My mum is bedbound and gets very dry skin and I use E45 cream on her skin which really does help. It may be that your mum needs a steroid cream initially to clear it up a bit.

I'm so sorry Lola rose. I really hope you both feel better soon. My mum is bedbound and gets very dry skin and I use E45 cream on her skin which really does help.

Thank you, much appreciated. I had a better day yesterday and now I'm crying at EVERYTHING. Mom's feet are really cracked, she is lots of discomfort.

If only QVC sold pure TLC - I'd by a lorry's worth!

E45 cream is excellent, also slap it on like no tomorrow and then put socks on over it. Or even plastic bags to help it soak in. Do not use an exfoliator at the moment, one thing its not strong enough. You really need a microplane but they are sold out, try the Peg Egg even.

Get better soon.:flower:

go to your doctor as this could be a sign of diebetes my best friend is diebetic and really suffers....
good luck
boffy.x.

Sorry that you and your mum are having a rough time Lola Rose.

You could try LE hand repair too as it is really good on dry cracked skin.

I used to get bad hacks on my fingers when I worked in the bank, due to the money being so drying and the chemist recommended lotil cream which really helped (this was before the days of LE and QVC)

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl...a=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4

Hope this helps

If you cannot get to the doctors at the moment just a thought - does your doctor offer a telephone consultation service?

Could NHS Direct offer any advice?

Sorry to hear you are so poorly. Get well soon :flower:

Decleor's Gel Prolagene is also good for dry skin. As it is a gel not a cream I've found it works as well as normal cracked heel cream, even better.

Hi Lola Rose, I really hope you and your mom feel better soon. Regarding the dry skin, perhaps you know someone who could ask advice from your pharmacy, or even a phone call to the chemist, they may be able to deliver to you too.
All the best.
:)

Sorry that you and your mum are having a rough time Lola Rose.

You could try LE hand repair too as it is really good on dry cracked skin.

I used to get bad hacks on my fingers when I worked in the bank, due to the money being so drying and the chemist recommended lotil cream which really helped (this was before the days of LE and QVC)

http://www.google.co.uk/products?hl...a=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4

Hope this helps

I would go along with Bluebell as regards trying Lotil - it's excellent and seems to take the soreness away by morning if applied at night. It doesn't sting either even if the cracks are deep and really speeds healing.

I think I would try this first and then maybe move on to another moisturiser once there has been an improvement.

Another plus point is that it's fairly cheap and a little goes a long way because it's so effective.

Really hope you both feel better soon.:flower:

Really hope you will both be on the mend very soon. I'd say any unscented cream that you can get hold of would be best for cracked skin.

Take care
XXX

Thank you SO MUCH everyone. I felt so rough earlier, but your kind advice has really helped.

I've had a wade through my junk and found L'Occitane's Milk Moisturiser. Thankfully it didn't sting, and seemed to sink in well. Funnily enough I forgot about the LE Hand Repair, that would have been an excellent alternative.

I will try and get some stuff from the pharmacy tomorrow - I can't thank everyone enough for their help.

Lola x

Hope you are both feeling better and are up and about again soon.

I suffered from really dry skin on my feet and still do to be honest if left untreated for any length of time. When things are at their worst with raw hacks etc i get germolene cream and smear it all over my heels then take some gauze and tape it on with surgical tape. Repeat everyday until the condition improves and it will quite quickly!!

If you can pick up heel balm by Flexitol it's the best thing ever for cracked feet (was recommended to me by a district nurse with many diabetic patients). Slap on a good thick layer, on with the cotton socks and by the next day there should be a decent improvement. i think with cracked heels you need to go heavy duty and get a really thick balm, regular body lotions etc won't work. If you can't see the Flexitol one I think Scholl make a similar treatment.

Hope you feel better soon, my OH has been sent home from work with suspected swine flu too :thinking2:

Tx

Last edited:
If you can pick up heel balm by Flexitol it's the best thing ever for cracked feet (was recommended to me by a district nurse with many diabetic patients). Slap on a good thick layer, on with the cotton socks and by the next day there should be a decent improvement. i think with cracked heels you need to go heavy duty and get a really thick balm, regular body lotions etc won't work. If you can't see the Flexitol one I think Scholl make a similar treatment.

Hope you feel better soon, my OH has been sent home from work with suspected swine flu too :thinking2:

Tx

I'm with Red T on this one, Flexitol Heel Balm is one of my desert island can't live without products. It works wonders on cracked, dry, sore feet. Hope you're all better soon.

I haven't any more suggestions to add to the brilliant ones mentioned here, but just wanted to wish you better. I hope you and your Mum are back to full health very soon. :)

Latest posts

Back