Crafting with Sara Davies TSV 03/05/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to do a huge amount of crafting back in the day but I never had a cutting machine. Don't have any need for one now but I still might watch to see if Sara's still unbearably bossy.

CC

Am I allowed to say I don't like the majority of home-made cards? Probably not, but so what? Most people seem to get their cards looking like they've just had random bits stuck onto them in school, same as every other hand-made card. The people that have that knack and make lovely cards are winners, but not everyone gets it right and most look like the person making them was doing it to pass the time, and thinking about profit rather than design. I do buy a few home-made cards from someone I know who gets it spot on every time and her cards look special but I've received so many tacky hand-made ones in the past.

I stopped card-making, except for my Mum back in the Noughties while she was still alive; though to be fair she probably preferred the ones made by her little grandchildren.
I found that folk felt obliged to enthuse about them which wasn't entirely sincere, which in turn made me feel a bit awkward. It's like giving someone an expensive gift when they've given you a Christmas selection box. At the time I just enjoyed making the cards but didn't enjoy sending them if you know what I mean. It's a good way to make specific cards...eg my son did Karate and footy as a child, and the only way to give him a card with both loves on it was to make one! I sometimes make a card now and then but don't need any more stuff.
I don't mind Sara, as I've said before I prefer a fast to a slow-talker. I'm ok with Ali Keenan's delivery so Sara is fine, even though she can be a machine-gun mouth when she gets going. Her demonstrations are a little too fast I think. Nonetheless I'll probably watch.

Attachments

• CC TSV 1.png
    CC TSV 1.png
    180.9 KB · Views: 49
  • CC TSV 2.png
    CC TSV 2.png
    410.7 KB · Views: 49
  • CC TSV 3.png
    CC TSV 3.png
    262.5 KB · Views: 46
  • CC TSV 4.png
    CC TSV 4.png
    325.8 KB · Views: 53
The original Gemini was supposed to never need an upgrade and when CC brought out their foiling machine they made a big thing of how the Gemini had been built with this in mind etc so I was a bit surprised to see a new version was about to launch. I have had a look at a couple of comparison videos on YouTube and Gemini 2 definitely looks a lot different to the original , in fact it looks like it has add ons like a lot of other machine such as the drop down platform with storage drawers that the Sizzix Big Shot Foldaway has. In the US Sara has made the club you can join to be a big feature so I’m wondering whether that will be part of the TSV. I like the idea of the turntable but it is not going to tempt me to buy a new machine.

Crafters Companion Gemini II Die Cutting & Embossing Machine with Accessories
Item Number: 822792
QVC Price £330.00
Todays Special Value Price £259.00
P&P £0.00
4 Easy Pays of £64.75

Scrapbooking, card making, table decor and more, its all possible with this bundle from Crafters Companion, which boasts the supreme Gemini II die-cutting and embossing machine. Designed to cut through multiple layers of material with power and precision, its the perfect addition to any craft kit and comes with a turn-table base, plus handy storage compartments we know youll love having at your fingertips. Complete with a box of butterfly and flower-themed stamps, dies and accessories, youll have everything you need for your creations to take flight.

*A great saving: If you were to buy this Crafter’s Companion Gemini II Diecutting and Embossing Machine from QVCUK.com after this offer ends, you’d pay £330 plus P&P. So, for our Today’s Special Value price of just £259, with no P&P to pay, you’re saving £71.

Delivered directly from Crafter’s Companion – please allow 5 – 7 working days for delivery to the UK (including Highlands, Islands and Northern Ireland).

Brand new launch – the Gemini II is the latest electronic die-cutting and embossing machine from Crafter’s Companion. It has all the precision and performance of the original Gemini but boasts a host of new features such as storage compartments, ideal for keeping essential tools close, as well as a built-in shelf and a lift-up media stand to hold a phone or tablet. The fantastic 360 turn-table base addition allows you to rotate the machine for even easier use and three USB ports mean you can charge devices as you create.

Edge-to-edge precision - a complete set of platforms and shims, plus a new and improved full-length sensor, meaning you can use a variety of different sized plates and enjoy edge-to-edge precision. Whatever you're creating, you’ll have the power to work with anything from card stock and mirror card to felt and foam.

Let your imagination bloom – currently only available at QVC, the Butterflies & Bloom box has all you need to get started including a collection of stamps and dies, 2D embossing folder, a stencil and a double-sided printed paper pad. All themed with beautiful butterfly and floral designs, it’s the perfect set to have fun with over the spring and summer months.

Join the Gemini club – the Gemini Membership Club is a space dedicated to helping you find the inspiration and know-how for all your craft projects. Discover step-by-step guides, expert advice, plus receive monthly emails packed with the latest news. Simply follow the joining details on the included card to become a lifetime member, all at no additional cost.

C ontents:

• 1 x Gemini II Die-Cutting & Embossing Machine – features steel rollers designed to deliver maximum pressure, a pause, resume and reverse setting for complete control, an LED light to let you know it’s on standby and ready to go, plus a media stand, in-built storage and three USB ports. Dimensions: 37cm x 19.5cm x 16cm (14.4" x 7.6" x 6.4"). Weight: 7.5kg
  • 1 x turn-table - attachable 360 turn-table, designed for use with the Gemini II Die-Cutting and Embossing Machine. Dimensions: 3.75" x 3.75" (9.5cm x 9.5cm)
  • 2 x 9" x 12.5" white cutting plates
  • 3 x 9" x 12.5" shims – includes one metal, one plastic and one magnetic
  • 1 x 9" x 12.5" rubber embossing mat
  • 1 x power cord

Butterflies & Bloom box contains:

• Patterned Paper Pad (24 sheets) - includes 12 double-sided designs. Dimensions: 8" x 8" (20.3cm x 20.3cm), 180gsm
  • Linen Card (18 sheets) - each sheet measures: 8" x 8" (20.3cm x 20.3cm), 250gsm
  • Rose Garden Stamp & Die (4 pieces) - largest die size: 0.8" x 6.2" (2cm x 15.7cm)
  • Flutterby Stamp & Die Set (6 pieces) - largest die size: 1.6" x 1.7" (4cm x 4.3cm)
  • Lovely Sentiments Stamp & Die Set (8 pieces) - largest die size: 2" x 1.3" (5cm x 3.3cm)
  • Grand Floral Stamp & Die Set (7 pieces) - largest die size: 2.3" x 2.1" (5.8cm x 5.3cm)
  • Pretty Postcard Clear Acrylic Stamps Set (8 pieces) - largest stamp size 2.7" x 3.9" (6.8cm x 9.9cm)
  • Butterfly Vine Metal Die set (2 pieces) - largest die size 4.5" x 4.5" (11.4cm x 11.4cm)
  • Delicate Butterfly Corner Metal Die - die size 2.8" x 2.8" (7.1cm x 7.1cm)
  • Ditsy Accessory Set Metal Die Set (9 pieces) - largest die size 1.1" x 0.5” (2.7cm x 1.2cm)
  • Elegant Butterfly Border Metal Die - die size: 1" x 6.1" (2.5cm x 15.4cm)
  • Butterfly Wishes Clear Acrylic Stamp Set (10 pieces) - largest stamp size 2.1” x 0.9” (5.3cm x 2.2cm)
  • Butterfly Collage Stencil - stencil size 7" x 5" (17.7cm x 12.7cm)
  • Butterflies in Bloom 2D Embossing Folder - folder size: 7" x 5" (17.7cm x 12.7cm)

All measurements are approximate

I used to do a huge amount of crafting back in the day but I never had a cutting machine. Don't have any need for one now but I still might watch to see if Sara's still unbearably bossy.

CC
Very enthusiastic never seen her before!

Am I allowed to say I don't like the majority of home-made cards? Probably not, but so what? Most people seem to get their cards looking like they've just had random bits stuck onto them in school, same as every other hand-made card. The people that have that knack and make lovely cards are winners, but not everyone gets it right and most look like the person making them was doing it to pass the time, and thinking about profit rather than design. I do buy a few home-made cards from someone I know who gets it spot on every time and her cards look special but I've received so many tacky hand-made ones in the past.
I've got to agree, but I appreciate for some that it's a fulfilling pastime. I've had many a card that's just had bits stuck and stamped on, some are even stamped on the back with "handcrafted by " and their name written which made me feel obliged to say "wow, you clever thing". I appreciate the trouble someone's gone to make me a card don't get me wrong, but I'd much sooner have a well chosen shop bought one, especially if it makes me giggle!
I used to make a lot of my own cards and luckily I do have a very small amount of artistic talent, so I'd do as much of the design myself as I possibly could. I made my own templates, did the all fancy writing and swirls myself 'cause I didn't see much point in sticking somebody else's designs on to pieces of card and passing it off as my own work. I gave up quite a few years ago, I enjoyed it at the time but I don't have the patience any more so I doubt whether it's anything I'd want to embark upon again.

I've got Die Cutter envy! I haven't used my Revolution machine for many years and couldn't spot it in the loft just now. I found my Quickutz Hand Tool and dies, purchased from IW over 20 years ago before Create & Craft even started, the receipt is still in the box! :) I managed to cut out a few shapes and nearly dislocated my shoulder o_O ! My manual tool-handling days are over! :rolleyes:
The Revolution is easier but I never really bulk-make cards; maybe a few Xmas cards but I'm unlikely to make the same card twice if I do get back into it. I'm also a bit of a Luddite; if I want to switch off with a bit of crafting, it's the process that's rewarding; mechanisation doesn't cut it for me (Pun fully intended!)
But I can't justify £260 and I'm not sure many can in the current climate. Soz Sara, watching but not buying.

Have a question I want to buy the machine, whatever, but it says about a £5 voucher off, does that include Easy Pays, if its your first order. I know they like there exceptions

I have bought stuff of my dads account before, but if I got £5 off, I’d open a account myself

I'm a crafter. I have a vast stash of crafting items as I make cards and other papercraft items. I also dabble in crochet and knitting but not as much as paper crafting. When my husband died 4 years ago it was my crafting that helped me to get through the lose. I belong to groups where we swap cards including a birthday group and it's lovely to have so many hand made cards on my birthday. I've never posted a photo here before but I'll try to add a couple of cards I've made.

Have a question I want to buy the machine, whatever, but it says about a £5 voucher off, does that include Easy Pays, if its your first order. I know they like there exceptions

I have bought stuff of my dads account before, but if I got £5 off, I’d open a account myself
nope if you want to use the £5 off you have to forget the easy pays

Latest posts

Back