Crafty Family Connections

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I said exactly the same thing to my husband this evening LS. Many of the crafters with blogs, have some of the most awsome papercrafts I have ever seen. They haven't got their inspiration from Dawn, either, as many of them are in Scandinavia/America.

The one thing I do thank DB for, is the fact that she did bring paper crafts to QVC in the UK. Until then, I had to buy K & Co and Anna Griffin etc from US suppliers.

Yes, she has done much in that direction.Getting supplies used to be a real nightmare.

I know nothing about crafting,but is Dawn actually that good?
A colleague of mine is a crafter and she sells cards ,which are amazing compared to anything I've seen Dawn do on QVC...obviously I realise time is a factor on QVC but even the "prepared earlier" ones don't look that great to me.

Don't shout me down, I don't really know..but I've never seen Dawn produce anything fab.

I think, to be fair, that she simply doesn't get the time to show off the talent she has. On the very few occasions when she is allowed some leeway the signs are there. I actually feel she is a very gifted crafter - thinking of the brief glimpses we have of her using the rangers products etc. The fact that she is eminently capable of displaying a wide variety of techniques despite being rushed all the time is also a pointer to her talent. I can't help comparing her to Stephanie Weightman who has almost never failed to disappoint with the very few demonstrations she seems to have done on the other channel - she simply can't cope with any sort of pressure. My abiding memory is of her putting together wrongly a pop-out card and blaming her mistake on the air conditioning in the studio. And yes, I know she can paint a rose in the style of Donna Dewberry, but, again, I've never seen her painting anything else.

Now, isn't THAT interesting ??? shelving popular shows in favour of what or whom ?????

QVC have become a pantomime in their own right !!!!!!
:giggle:

They have haven't they.
I posted this on the Not A Craft Day Thread.
Rosemary's QVC Blog comments make it clear what the posters want and don't want to see.

See Rosemary's QVC blog and all the comments below seems QVC don't take any notice what customers have to say, instead cancel her shows.
http://blogs.qvcuk.com/qgossip/2010/...show.html#more

:confused:

I was really disappointed with craft day...really missed the american craft make demonstrations. I love the colours, patterns and ideas.

I can't say Dawn is my favourite crafter. I prefer Rosemerry and the new lady (who sounds like Cheryl Baker when she speaks!!!). I like it when they give you ides for things you can make and KEEP. Not just cards all the time.

As for Amy, she sounds like a classroom assistant. Imagine if she hosted with Claire, we would all have to sit up straight in our seats with our ties smart.....!!!!! Before calling Customer Services to place an order you must raise your arm and ask.....

Considering QVC America have scrapped most of the crafting, it seems strange that Dawn should say she is selling shop to concentrate on her career with QVC. I thought perhaps the UK might go the same way. Crafting in America is massive but QVC have left the game..

I can't really see how Dawnie can advance her career with QVC ? Does she want to be a buyer, a fully-fledged presenter for all products ? Why not just put in a manager to run the shop.

I'm fascinated by DB's life (perhaps because we can hear / read quite a bit about it). I do wish her luck in whatever she has planned next.

Now, isn't THAT interesting ??? shelving popular shows in favour of what or whom ?????

QVC have become a pantomime in their own right !!!!!!

I wonder how much money QVC make from the scrapbooking hours. I don't see why they would cancel them if they were generating enough sales and profit. There are quite a few shows on QVC that I enjoy watching but that doesn't necessarily mean that I buy the products. I don't think that QVC will care whether shows are popular in terms of how many people watch but they will care how much money they make.

I think you have to see Dawn in real life actually demoing to see her true skills, I like Leonie too and am very sad that QVC bumped Rosemary's shows off Craft Day, seemed actually quite cruel.

I am the lone person who enjoys craft on QVC with Dawn, she isn't given time by QVC to show her talents, but she comes across well and great to watch.:clapping:

Last edited:
I think you have to see Dawn in real life actually demoing to see her true skills, I like Leonie too and am very sad that QVC bumped Rosemary's shows off Craft Day, seemed actually quite cruel.

I am the lone person who enjoys craft on QVC with Dawn, she isn't given time by QVC to show her talents, but she comes across well and great to watch.:clapping:
:mysmilie_497: Rentochops, no yr not the only one, I enjoy watching her, but she just doesn't get the time I'm sure she would like, as u have said. She does try, but the :clock:clock is always against her. Anyone who watches her can see that. She has to rush everything. QVC obviously try to pack so much in. That's not her fault.
Roll on Feb, when Mr Holtz comes.....:mysmilie_844::mysmilie_844:

Latest posts

Back