Cup Cakes Make Me Vom

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Watching the show but have to say nothing like the quality of the Little Venice Cake Company (who were on T'other craft channel :wink: the other day). Saying this, there is no accounting for taste as lots is selling out.

The uk guest is nice and confident but I much prefer to see old fashioned hand made cake decorating rather than this air brush stuff, even if Duff from 'Ace of Cakes' :rock: uses it.

I think you decided wisely flamenco. Its a fad that'll be over with by next year and everyone has moved on to something else.

I have a friend that orders cupcakes for the most silly reasons, I showed her 11 year old daughter how to make fairy cakes and she was so impressed at the taste of them. Really such a basic thing to bake and I think that my friend now realises her local cupcake business is charging 3 or 4 times what she could make them herself for. (obviously they have the expenses that you came up against too)

I understand that to have a business making them then you'd need to charge a lot but I just don't understand why people will pay the same for one cupcake as for a whole cake!

Completely agree. Which is why I decided it wasn't a viable business in the end. The other expense I forgot was business rates! Oh yes, even if you run your business from home, the council will want to charge you business rates. And not forgetting electricity, water, lighting, detergents and antibacterial agents to keep your kitchen spotless. I've come across a few people selling cupcakes who haven't gone down the legit route of registering as self-employed with the Revenue, registering kitchen, buying insurance etc, but I'm not that type of person. As a buyer, I wouldn't want to buy a cupcake from someone who hadn't done a food hygiene course or had their kitchen inspected by the local Enviro Health team. The starting point for a reputable food business has to be from a legitimate standpoint, and that doesn't come cheap and has to be passed on to the customer. So, no, I wouldn't pay £2.50 - £3.00 for a cupcake personally either. I did keep the KitchenAid though, which I love!

Can completely understand your reasoning Flamenco - almost as bad with the 'hand made' card business, we see all the lovely card stock and embellishments, then proceed to spend the debt of a small country on all the materials, only to find the world and his wife are doing the same ! result - everywhere is awash with the ****** things, forget craft markets, other crafters are so desperate to offload their stock that they price them at 4 for a £1. All that expense and energy for 25p or have them cluttering up every spare inch at home !

Can completely understand your reasoning Flamenco - almost as bad with the 'hand made' card business, we see all the lovely card stock and embellishments, then proceed to spend the debt of a small country on all the materials, only to find the world and his wife are doing the same ! result - everywhere is awash with the ****** things, forget craft markets, other crafters are so desperate to offload their stock that they price them at 4 for a £1. All that expense and energy for 25p or have them cluttering up every spare inch at home !

every third stall at my local bootsale are the home-made card sellers. I have to say the majority of the cards are very uninspiring in their designs, but cheap they certainly are at 30p per card

Better not add the link here janie (Graham or Sazza would come round and smash me computer in), but if you Google va*ina cupcakes, you'll get a myriad of cupcake beauties. :blush:

Give me a nice big slice of Victoria sandwich any day.

There you go, Burlz

PB020038.jpg

Better not add the link here janie (Graham or Sazza would come round and smash me computer in), but if you Google va*ina cupcakes, you'll get a myriad of cupcake beauties. :blush:

yukkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Latest posts

Back