Daily Advent Reveal

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks, ladies. It's good to hear such positive opinions and I'm looking forward to trying this more than ever. I like Caroline Hirons' reviews too. She's appeared on QVC, hasn't she? Fortunately, she doesn't just gush about everything so I believe her when she's on Q endorsing something.

Caroline Hirons was the "model" for Pixi Glow tonic with Amanda the Pixi guest for one or two shows.

Day 13 Eve Lom 30 ml cleanser
Day 14 Odejo 50ml EDT worth £55 - Warm and lingering lily and Tahitian rose
Fresh and vivid cucumber oil and blue sea kelp - I can definitely smell the cucumber very different to what I would pick.

M&S Day 14 - a 30ml bottle of Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse, a multi-purpose dry oil. Anyone tried this?

Today's Decleor was a travel size body milk. I haven't used any of them, saving them for after Christmas. I'm going to be a bit peeved, however, if there's nothing else under the tree on Christmas Day as this is my "present". Shall we put bets on to see if Mr CC has thought ahead and bought a Plan B???? Hint - don't put the mortgage on it . . . . .

Christmas Day scenario. "Anything else for me?" "No, you've had yours" (as he counts all his gifts and smugly grins at his nice little pile, while I have the usual socks from my nephew" :tongue:

CC

Today's Decleor was a travel size body milk. I haven't used any of them, saving them for after Christmas. I'm going to be a bit peeved, however, if there's nothing else under the tree on Christmas Day as this is my "present". Shall we put bets on to see if Mr CC has thought ahead and bought a Plan B???? Hint - don't put the mortgage on it . . . . .

Christmas Day scenario. "Anything else for me?" "No, you've had yours" (as he counts all his gifts and smugly grins at his nice little pile, while I have the usual socks from my nephew" :tongue:

CC

That bliddy bugs me when you buy yourself a present from them and they can't be arsed buying anything else. I have had a few birthdays and Christmas's like that. Think they take you for granted after many years together. If you are picking and buying the present from the OH my motto is make sure its expensive and make sure they pay up:mysmilie_17:

M&S Day 14 - a 30ml bottle of Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse, a multi-purpose dry oil. Anyone tried this?

Yes, but only briefly as my bottle was a smaller size than that. If you don't go crazy with it, it's a dry oil feel and doesn't leave you feeling greasy. It's quite scented, so if you're averse to a scented oil, you might need to proceed with caution.

Catch up - I've been remiss - Cuvée Royal:

Day 9 - Moisture serum (repeat of Day 3)

Day 10 - Power serum (repeat of Day 4)

Day 11 - Lift serum (repeat of Day 5)

Day 12 - Twin Phase Vita serum - not a repeat (yet)

Day 13 - Oxy serum (repeat of Days 1 and 7)

Day 14 - Refine serum (repeat of Days 2 and 8)

Look Fantastic Day 14 - Origins Gin-Zing Energy-boosting Moisturiser

Day 13 Eve Lom 30 ml cleanser
Day 14 Odejo 50ml EDT worth £55 - Warm and lingering lily and Tahitian rose
Fresh and vivid cucumber oil and blue sea kelp - I can definitely smell the cucumber very different to what I would pick.

Wow, that was a good present! :happy: I love rose. Sometimes it's nice to try something different. I like the L'Occitane EDT's, because they're not too heavy and don't trigger my migraines. The other day I smelt the Laura Mercier Tea Menthe Citron EDT in John Lewis. It's completely different to what I would normally go for, but I really liked it, and that had a fresh / cucumber smell, whereas I usually choose light florals and more overtly feminine fragrances. My husband picked me up the gift set to put by for Christmas, think it will be particularly nice in the Summer.

No, but I've got a 10ml one to try that I got in a beauty box. Was quite chuffed to find it straight away in my new storage solution for my beauty box bits! :mysmilie_59: I've used the Mythic Oil one before, which is a similar shimmering oil for body / hair. First time I used it I made the mistake of lightly spritzing it on my hair, and finished up looking like I'd dipped my head in a deep fat fryer! I've found the best way to use it is to use it on my body, then lightly run the residual oil on my hands through the lengths of my hair.

Just started using the Rituals Organic Rice Milk & Cherry Blossom body cream I got in my advent calendar. Smells gorgeous and is not at all greasy, will definitely buy again. :happy:

Yes, but only briefly as my bottle was a smaller size than that. If you don't go crazy with it, it's a dry oil feel and doesn't leave you feeling greasy. It's quite scented, so if you're averse to a scented oil, you might need to proceed with caution.

Must say I don't use a lot of body or hair oil and I have a couple of bottles of Decleor facial oil to use up but I'm going to give this Nuxe a go. Thanks for your views.

No, but I've got a 10ml one to try that I got in a beauty box. Was quite chuffed to find it straight away in my new storage solution for my beauty box bits! :mysmilie_59: I've used the Mythic Oil one before, which is a similar shimmering oil for body / hair. First time I used it I made the mistake of lightly spritzing it on my hair, and finished up looking like I'd dipped my head in a deep fat fryer! I've found the best way to use it is to use it on my body, then lightly run the residual oil on my hands through the lengths of my hair.

Just started using the Rituals Organic Rice Milk & Cherry Blossom body cream I got in my advent calendar. Smells gorgeous and is not at all greasy, will definitely buy again. :happy:

Thanks for the advice, Minx. I remember having to be equally careful using an Ojon oil from QVC a few years ago, especially as I have fine hair.

How funny, literally this afternoon, I was looking through my stash for a present for someone and came across a couple of Rituals Organic Rice Milk & Cherry Blossom items. I think I got them in an Achica sale in Jan/Feb. I sniffed the body cream and decided to keep it (as if I don't have enough!).

Oh and M&S Day 15 is an Autograph Rosie Lip Glossy in Supermodel Smile, which is a mid-pink colour and the fat crayon type. If it's full size, as I believe, it's worth £12.50.

I have, I think it smells like ambre solaire ( however you spell it). I found the oil drying on my skin but I think it was because I used it wrong, you should spray it on damp skin.
It was better doing that.
I love the smell and had the perfume, oil and shower gel

I have, I think it smells like ambre solaire ( however you spell it). I found the oil drying on my skin but I think it was because I used it wrong, you should spray it on damp skin.
It was better doing that.
I love the smell and had the perfume, oil and shower gel

I'll use it sparingly on damp skin, good idea. It's quite a delicate smell in the bottle - assume it is similar on the skin?

Enjoying the contents of the advent calendars - does anyone know if the M&S has been reduced yet, or is likely to be?

I don't think there are any left anywhere. My local store had hundreds in from 10th Nov and were still selling them up to the end of the month. I went in on 2nd Dec and asked whether they had still got any and she said they sold the last one on 30th.

Look Fantastic Day 15 - Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse 10ml!!

Thanks for the advice, Minx. I remember having to be equally careful using an Ojon oil from QVC a few years ago, especially as I have fine hair.

How funny, literally this afternoon, I was looking through my stash for a present for someone and came across a couple of Rituals Organic Rice Milk & Cherry Blossom items. I think I got them in an Achica sale in Jan/Feb. I sniffed the body cream and decided to keep it (as if I don't have enough!).

You won't regret it, it's lovely! :happy:

I don't think there are any left anywhere. My local store had hundreds in from 10th Nov and were still selling them up to the end of the month. I went in on 2nd Dec and asked whether they had still got any and she said they sold the last one on 30th.
I went in too around 3rd December and asked. They were all gone. I didn't buy one full price as I have so much stuff to use up. I had one has year. I really enjoyed opening it.

Latest posts

Back