Daniel O'Donnell

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Didn't they have some Priests flogging their CD a while back ? All we need now is a duet CD by Gerry Adams and Martin McGuiness to complete the un-holy trinity.

Oh now there is a thought. Gerry and Martin sing Sintara.

Such classics as
The Petrol Bomb Smoke Gets In My Eyes
I Get A Kicking Out Of You
My Way(or we'll come round and bomb your house)
P N S I( sung to YMCA) Yes I know too late for Sintara.
Did You Ever(plan a mass bombing)
Mack The Knife(oh and you'll never find the body of your loved one)
What A Swell Party This Is(SFein of course)

But from QVC's perspective, Daniel O' Donnell is a good booking as he is hugely popular and I believe he has loads of sell out tours to much younger fans than 80, 90 or 100 years of age. I can imagine they are loads of QVC customers who will love his singing and find it enjoyable when he's on QVC. His career is far from in decline so I would say it's incorrect to say QVC are scrapping the barrel. He may be an easy target for ridicule but he wouldn't be so successful if he didn't have the fanbase, and the fanbase are usually mature ladies, rather than easily influenced teenagers. They've chosen to like him and I respect their choice.

I'm not a fan personally but I know lots of people will look forward to seeing him on QVC. As always there's the remote control for those who really can't stand him.

Yes he does have sell out tours to much younger, old at heart, fans. His 80/90/100 year old fans dance round the nursing home with their zimmer frames (yes they really do).

It's not incorrect to say QVC are scraping the barrel. It's simply my opinion for what it's worth.

I really can't stand him, his brightly coloured golfer's attire, nor his style of dancing, which is keeping his body like an ironing board and just moving his legs, so I'll definitely be using my remote control at 6.00 on Monday - to throw at the TV.

Like Daniel O'Donnell, I once had a "Moon over Ireland".

I've since been banned from flying with Ryanair :blush:

I haven't felt compelled to watch any of the singing stars that have appeared on QVC and I see no reason to watch Daniel O' Donnell, imo they have all been past their 'sell by date'. I'm surprised they haven't managed to get Sir Cliff on there...:eek:

I dont blame the guy for making hay while the sun shines - because realistically, his fan base really are the over 75's and that age group have a limited shelf life left.

I am coming up 63 - the 60's generation, and to be honest, no self respecting "dancing round yer handbags" type of girl, is EVER going to love the likes of D O'D. Who knows, in 20 years time they could be dusting off the Stones and wheeling them on !!!!!!! -

Also, just listen to those voices on the phone-ins, THATS the age group qvc are aiming for, - the really elderly who spend most of the day watching tele.

I haven't felt compelled to watch any of the singing stars that have appeared on QVC and I see no reason to watch Daniel O' Donnell, imo they have all been past their 'sell by date'. I'm surprised they haven't managed to get Sir Cliff on there...:eek:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if his name is on a wish list at Q Towers. :thinking: :cash::cash::cash:

QVC: where to go to buy CDs for people who have Van Gogh's ear for music :tongue:

At one time I really did think Daniel O'Donell was a made up p**s take sort of "Little Britain" character until I saw hordes (and I do mean hordes ) of his fans thronging outside the stage door of the theatre near where I lived waiting for their idol to emerge. Gawd knows what they'll be bringing us next, Axel Rose perhaps as he attempts a comeback?

At one time I really did think Daniel O'Donell was a made up p**s take sort of "Little Britain" character until I saw hordes (and I do mean hordes ) of his fans thronging outside the stage door of the theatre near where I lived waiting for their idol to emerge. Gawd knows what they'll be bringing us next, Axel Rose perhaps as he attempts a comeback?

Now that I would watch!!! Perhaps with Slash on guitar? :grin:

there is something really sinister about him his facial expression doesnt actually move or change wether he is singing or being interviewed. He is quite robotic or as my sister put it he has a "a touch of the stepfords about him" very creepy xx

Maybe he and Mr Mogadon Brook, could appear in matching cardigans and put the whole of the UK to sleep.

Latest posts

Back