Debbie Flint on Elemis Show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Why must DF constantly plug her books during a skincare show , she was showing an elemis product on her Ipad and saying about all the 5* reviews , and commented it was like the reviews for her book , currently on Amazon. There was at least another 3 mentions of her books during the hour show.

Debbie has a book? I didn't even know that. I have never heard her mention a book in all honesty. Julia though I seem to remember having a book and going on about it a lot. what is the book of Debbie's about?

Debbie has a book? I didn't even know that. I have never heard her mention a book in all honesty. Julia though I seem to remember having a book and going on about it a lot. what is the book of Debbie's about?

By the sounds of it it's some Mills and Boon-esque bodice ripper genre fiction. Shite, in other words. (No offence anyone who's into that sort of thing, I'm a bit of a literary snob.)

As I've said before here, the bottom line is that Debbie Flint is paid by QVC - ie by those of us who buy stuff from QVC, like you and me - to promote THEIR products. Or is she allowed to promote goods for other businesses even if it's her own under the terms of her contract, I wonder? And if she isn't, why are they allowing it? It's all a bit ... unusual. At least Julia Roberts' book was sold on QVC.

Incidentally, Charlie Brooks was asked by the Honora Pearls guy if he'd read her book and he said he hadn't, he's not into that sort of thing or can't take too much of it - or words to that effect. Julia Roberts on another programme a while back said that it's good for what it is or something like that. Doesn't sound like my sort of book, anyway, so my money's safe.

Why must DF constantly plug her books during a skincare show , she was showing an elemis product on her Ipad and saying about all the 5* reviews , and commented it was like the reviews for her book , currently on Amazon. There was at least another 3 mentions of her books during the hour show.

Why must plug it in a skincare show?! If only it were just skincare - I've seen her crow bar into many computer shows (you can read her book in kindle etc) and even a fashion show she mentioned she had been on a writing day?! It's unbearable - as I'm sure is the book - and not appropriate...!

I'm sure anyone who had written a book and had an opportunity to give it a plug on air would do. She can't possibly be any worse than JR when she had her book published. I have not seen either of these publications and not likely to.

I'm sure anyone who had written a book and had an opportunity to give it a plug on air would do. She can't possibly be any worse than JR when she had her book published. I have not seen either of these publications and not likely to.

Oh does that mean that I can bore you all about my books? One published and the second one underway!

No of course not, and I wouldn't dream of doing so.

Oh does that mean that I can bore you all about my books? One published and the second one underway!

No of course not, and I wouldn't dream of doing so.
I suppose it depends how desperate you are to sell your Books and of course you have just mentioned your books anyway. lol

To be fair, we don't know holmca's name, the name of her book or what it's about. I object to Debbie Flint spending MY money on advertising her book when I'm not choosing to hear about her masterpiece but am paying to hear about QVC's products, not hers. Where else does the QVC presenters' salaries come from if not from the profits on what we buy?

By the sounds of it it's some Mills and Boon-esque bodice ripper genre fiction. Shite, in other words. (No offence anyone who's into that sort of thing, I'm a bit of a literary snob.)

I heard on good authority that La Flint's book has been acclaimed as a tour de force by the professors who hang out at the Bodleian Library in Oxford and might very well be nominated by that august body for the Nobel Prize for Literature 2014.

I heard on good authority that La Flint's book has been acclaimed as a tour de force by the professors who hang out at the Bodleian Library in Oxford and might very well be nominated by that august body for the Nobel Prize for Literature 2014.

That's only if La Flint doesn't nominate it herself first.

Found this on amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Debbie-Flint/e/B00C02VYAG/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_2?qid=1387328569&sr=1-2

87 5 star reviews for the Steamy Version.! Might be worth a read whilst on hols maybe :mysmilie_518:

No wonder Debbie flints Lounge is full of presents if she has 87 people to buy bribes ..... I mean Gifts for.......

debbie.jpg

I suppose if you self publish on Amazon you have to take every chance you get to promote your book. Debbie's got an audience on QVC so she just goes for it. I bet nearly all those reviews are from QVC customers. I think she rates herself as a writer and really wants to succeed - this is just a stepping stone. She knows she shoe-horns her book into too many shows but does it anyway. If a mention sells one more copy it's worth it. She has the same attitude with everything she sells - totally unashamed and bare-faced. I bet she outsells all or nearly all the other presenters - maybe that's why Q allow her to plug the book.

Found this on amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Debbie-Flint/e/B00C02VYAG/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_2?qid=1387328569&sr=1-2

87 5 star reviews for the Steamy Version.! Might be worth a read whilst on hols maybe :mysmilie_518:

Curiosity got the better of me, and I read some of the reviews (for the steamy version). Weirdly, nearly every one of the first 15 mention how they "could not put it down". Just seemed a little contrived, either that or people with very little imagination/vocabulary writing those reviews. Sorry, if anyone on here write one.

Yes but the 87 people might not actually have paid for her book. Amazon have what they call The Vine and at 8pm every Thursday selected Amazon customers log on and they can claim up to 3 items to try for free on condition they review them. My friend is one of those selected customers and she showed me how it works. A lot of the items up for review are books and ebooks and she openly admitted she regularly gives the books to other people and simply makes up a good review.

Latest posts

Back