Debbie Greenwood

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Woah ! big surprise as I opened my Sunday Express, double page spread of Debbie Greenwood ! She is now a qualified Celebrant. It was an interesting read, and her husband Paul Coia - who sometimes appeared on QVC, is now very much a silver fox. Her 'take' on QVC was saying it was 'pressured' - apart from the no autocue, scripts or rehearsals, there were also SALES TARGETS TO HIT - so that's why Flinty is so in yer face then !

Woah ! big surprise as I opened my Sunday Express, double page spread of Debbie Greenwood ! She is now a qualified Celebrant. It was an interesting read, and her husband Paul Coia - who sometimes appeared on QVC, is now very much a silver fox. Her 'take' on QVC was saying it was 'pressured' - apart from the no autocue, scripts or rehearsals, there were also SALES TARGETS TO HIT - so that's why Flinty is so in yer face then !

Gosh this seems to be the go to after Q. Aren’t there a couple of others doing the same.

I distinctly remember the presenters saying there were NO sales targets not that I ever believed them otherwise why would there be the desperate look in their eyes and stupid ploys of getting mum to buy for them and the hard sell of Del Boy.

Clare Sutton is also a Celebrant

Delboy just reeks of desperation no sales targets,it’s plainly obvious by the hard sell all the time,that it’s not the case.Just look at the awful trainers with a bow she was trying to sell yesterday and this morning 😂

Sales targets well how the heck would that work.
Each presenter would want launch hours of say Elemis etc.
Or busy Saturday/Sunday gardening programs.

I suppose there's an 'expectation'. Its obvious that Elemis sells itself with the pre-launch pre-launch for a week beforehand, so not too hard to flog. Compare that with a hanging egg chair for the garden, the target would be lower.

I will say each brand will be given its own expected sales target. It won't be fight club Dyson vs small torches etc.
Small torches? Tell me more ;)

BTW my torch site and forum are in NI

Often people send things back and just address it to Ireland, so it goes to the Republic, which then causes all sorts of problems trying to get it back to NI because of EC regulations and paperwork.

I remember a few years ago that when they went to the break, the presenter told the BA that they had sold 200 in the programme which was good. They obviously didnt realise that they could be heard. Cant remember the brand but they seemed very pleased.

I remember a few years ago that when they went to the break, the presenter told the BA that they had sold 200 in the programme which was good. They obviously didnt realise that they could be heard. Cant remember the brand but they seemed very pleased.
One I remember is Kelly Hoppen saying 'That's 30k sold then' on a midnight TSV show when she thought the viewers couldn't hear.
(The 30k is a slight guess, I'm not 100% sure on the value or her exact wording but you get the gist).

One I remember is Kelly Hoppen saying 'That's 30k sold then' on a midnight TSV show when she thought the viewers couldn't hear.
(The 30k is a slight guess, I'm not 100% sure on the value or her exact wording but you get the gist).
WOW. The one I heard was during the day and I have a feeling it was something like Kim and Co so I suppose 200 before the break was good. Both of those examples though would indicate there is some sort of pressure to sell. I wonder if they have to shift a certain amount during each show

If anyone believes they are under intense pressure to hit sales fingers to earn or keep their jobs, like in other places of work these days.….
Would therefore be strange that they play about talking about this and that.
Rather than doing proper before hand preparation and giving up to date stock levels, plus returning to items that clearly haven’t sold out.
Then giving a full review at the end of the hour to enable those who thought they had missed out.
Along with others late to the show option to grab an item they missed seeing.
Pressurised workplace! they don’t get out within five years like in the real world of the no freebies and perks.

Anyone else hear Debbie in the midnight launch talk of her department store job at 16. She said if they sold a Van Dal pair of shoes and up sold a matching bag their was a bonus. Katie Pemberton commented along the lines bet you enjoyed the chance to up sell. To which Debs muttered a reply something like I was always good at selling.

Latest posts

Back