Decleor have removed Key Ingredients from Fiona's Hydra-radiance Cleanser!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

HYPE in a JAR

Registered Shopper
Okay so I finally got around to opening my exclusive-sized 200ml Decleor 3 in 1 Hydra-radiance cleansing mousse last week, grabbing the hefty tube in hand and revelling in my double-sized treat, I noticed that it did not leave my skin with the same clarity and radiance as the pump version.

After a few washes I knew something had changed, so deciding to investigate scanned the ingredients side by side, only to discover they have gone and ****** tweaked the formula, removing KEY ACTIVE Ingredients.

ORIGINAL Formula Ref. 219000

WATER (AQUA), PEG-8, PALMITIC ACID, MYRISTIC ACID, GLYCERIN, STERIC ACID, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LAURIC ACID, GLYCERYL STERATE SE, SODIUM METHYL COCOYL TAURATE, SORBITOL, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, PEG-60 GLYCERYL ISOSTEARATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) NEROLI OIL, SAXIFRAGA SARMENTOSA EXTRACT, VITUS VINERA (GRAPE) FRUIT EXTRACT, CARICA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) FRUIT EXTRACT, MORUS BOMBYCIS ROOT EXTRACT, SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS ROOT EXTRACT, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM HYALURONATE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRONELLOL.

LATEST Formula Ref. 219020

WATER (AQUA), PEG-8, PALMITIC ACID, MYRISTIC ACID, GLYCERIN, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, STERIC ACID, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, LAURIC ACID, GLYCERYL STERATE SE, SODIUM METHYL COCOYL TAURATE, SORBITOL, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, PEG-60 GLYCERYL ISOSTEARATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE),DISODIUM EDTA,METHYLPROPIONAL HEXYL CINNAMAL,CARICA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) FRUIT EXTRACT,CITRONELLOL,CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) NEROLI OIL, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT,SODIUM HYALURONATE.

So as well as having vastly reduced amounts of both key ingredients Neroli and Hyaluronic Acid. (Ingredients being listed in order of percentage used.) we have lost the following key actives;

- SAXIFRAGA SARMENTOSA EXTRACT,
- VITUS VINERA (GRAPE) FRUIT EXTRACT,
- MODUS BOMBYCIS ROOT EXTRACT,
- SCUTELLARIA BAICALENSIS ROOT EXTRACT,

Indeed these key ingredients were listed on the original packaging as
- giving your skin radiance (White-Bright Complex: Mulberry Tree and Grapes Extracts...).

So WHY were they REMOVED?

Did Fiona sanction these changes to her formula ( described as "her baby" what with the story about how she kept sending the prototypes back until she got the formula "just right") Did they even inform her? What was the point in giving her free reign to come up with something just for the QVC Decleor viewers, to alter the formula a few years down the line, removing Active Ingredients.

All we are left with now as actives are Papaya, less Neroli, less Sodium Hyaluronate and some Green Tea extract added.

Can any one with a recent pump dispenser confirm that this 219020 formula is also in the pump bottle, or whether the double-sized tube has been watered down?

Not a happy bunny!

Sorry I don't have this but that's some tweaking it's not even like they've altered base ingredients they have taken out some of the key actives - very interesting. It'll be interesting to see if they've done that for the bumper TSV size run only to keep the cost down or across the board - very naughty decleor.

A bit like Liz Earle taking almond milk out of C+P many year's ago - they owned up to it if asked but it was never announced and they say the formula remains 'essentially' the same as from day one.

Hope someone can help you out.

To cut costs but im guessing the cleanser is still the same price everywhere? I guess they hope there customers wouldnt notice the differnce. Never liked it anyway tbh, made me skin feel very tight and dry, and the smell reminds me of soap, be interesting to see her on air with it nxt, see if they mention any changes to the formular.

Pump I have is 219000 and 200ml tube is 219020 but I also some 15ml tubes and they are 219150.

Oh no! I have a large tube of this sitting in the cupboard ready to start when my existing pump runs out. I must double check the ingredients list on that one.

They really should say if they are making a big change to exisiting ingredients like this :wait: I shan't be best pleased if it makes a big difference to how this cleanser performs :sad:

Last edited:
I can't say I have noticed any difference between the pump, tube and small tubes I have, all work the same for me.

Just checked and my tube and pump have exactly the same ingredients list showing on them so I presume I'm already using the altered version without realising :giggle:

Thanks for your responses guys!

Lady Tia - yes that is the thing it is not just a tweak when you remove actives from the formula. There is no logic to it. Fiona always used these actives as a selling-point, there to nibble away at dead cells to reveal clarity and luminosity. There is no denying it is now a weaker formula.

I too went off LE C&P but never realised something had been removed until I saw it mentioned online years later.

Autumn - Yes the smell does remind me of soap, and that is essentially what it is, a foaming soap buffered with plant extracts. I too never got on with it when I first used it, but persevered and grew to love the clarity it gave my skin.

And no there will be no mention of it on air I suspect as my tube is as appeared in the Decleor tsv before last.

Sazza - The plot thickens! So the 15ml has yet another formula! Thanks a lot for checking!

OffMeTrolley & Sazza - You may well notice no difference in performance, as it will still clean the skin and remove make-up perfectly well. However I definitely noticed that my skin did not have the same clarity etc, maybe this is due to the fact that as my skin is touch sensitive I cannot use the cloths, and so relied on those brightening ingredients. It now leaves me skin feeling dry too. The PH must have changed too, if I had any of the original formula left I'd have the litmus paper out lol!

There is no denying that the current formula would be cheaper to produce, what with not having to source and pay for those additional plant extracts and less neroli and hyaluronate, so I can only assume that this is a cost-cutting measure and as Autumn suggests the price remains the same. Boo-hoo Decleor!

Oh and I'm not a Facebook user but if anyone would care to ask Fiona about it then I would love to know the official response.

Hype you could just contact Decleor direct, you don't need to be on Facebook.

Oh no! I have a large tube of this sitting in the cupboard ready to start when my existing pump runs out. I must double check the ingredients list on that one.

They really should say if they are making a big change to exisiting ingredients like this :wait: I shan't be best pleased if it makes a big difference to how this cleanser performs :sad:

Me too ( I bought two TSVs)

If it has changed from my pump one then I will be making a big noise

Pump I have is 219000 and 200ml tube is 219020 but I also some 15ml tubes and they are 219150.

Just found I have a 50ml tube too and it has another code 219170 so I think these codes are size codes nothing to do with formula, even gift sets have these codes!

Last edited:
Just found I have a 50ml tube too and it has another code 219170 so I think these codes are size codes nothing to do with formula, even gift sets have these codes!

Ooh! Well spotted Sazza!

Yeah your absolutely right, the Ref. Numbers would appear to relate to the product sizing and have absolutely no relation to formula at all. It did kind of throw me when you unearthed another code on the 15ml, and now 50ml.

So I guess we are looking at the code to the bottom right of the ingredient box.

So the Original Cleansing Mousse being: IL201009
the 200ml formula being: IL051011

So how would that correspond to the Cleansing Mousses you have?

These codes only appear on the Decleor products that come unboxed. If they are boxed they appear on the box along with the ingredient listing.

My 100ml pump bought individually from the Cheap Smells website around mid February and my 200ml tube bought more recently as part of a set from Q both have the same number on them ... IL051011.

Last edited:
To me this smacks of cost cutting. It's akin to seeing "new recipe" on your favourite foods in the supermarket and you know it's not going to be as good as you know it. Just a way of selling you more air or more water and less of what's good. It doesn't pay though, once consumers find out, they tend to look elsewhere for alternatives. Gatineau did the same and I won't touch their product with a barge-pole now. I have the large tube and had noticed a difference in the product consistency, which makes it hard to get out of the tube (a problem I find with all of Decleor's packaging - you either can't squeeze it out in the first place or you end up with loads left in the bottom you can't reach and caps the break nails). I had just assumed it was because it was a bigger tubes but I'm glad it's not just my imagination. I guess everything is getting cheaper and cheaper, quality wise.

Latest posts

Back